Stories have been used forever to communicate and converse; they are also great educational tools. Have you ever heard about the parables, earthly stories with a heavenly meanings? CoachB says—What comes out of our mouths is what we really
are (i.e. that is the real us). If we have good words that come out of our
mouth our lives will be much better and in some cases, it will change our lives).
OneSmartHerman from Butler County says—I hear but I don’t hear and I see but I
don’t see! I have no idea what you are
going to see or hear from the stories in this “It’s Saturday.” Let’s find out.
A new friend down here in the Yakima Valley is a retired
USDA employee and a semi-retired orchardist, told me this story—A borrower went
in for his yearly review of his loan. The loan officer asked him how his dry
wheat operation went this year; well, it was pretty dry and then the winds came
sooo I lost $120,000; but it could be worse.
Sooo how did your dairy operation go, well, the cows got sick and the
price of milk was poor sooo I minimized my loss to $65,000 but it could be worse. And your orchard business, well, I had a hard
time to find pickers at the right time soooo I lost $85,000 but it could be worse. The loan officer asked him—how could it be worse? The borrower said—It
could have been my money!

She called herself the dumpiest
smart person I have ever known! I think she might have some competition for
being the dumpiest smart person! hahaha I sat next to a lady on a flight to Des Moines
who told me her story. She is a very intelligent person, highly educated, and holding a high-end job
BUT she told me that she is a recovering meth addict! I would have never guessed
it—she said I know I know but I am. She was given the opportunity to break her
addiction or go to jail and give up her children. She was considered maybe by
many to be a throw away person. She went through recovery, many AA meetings,
joined a Bible study and developed a strong relationship with God, got a
personal counselor who suggested she be tested for mental illness and found out
she was Bipolar (i.e. she believes that many addicts are mentally ill). She is
living a new life being clean for 18 years. And the last six years she lost 100
pounds by diet and exercise. She is one amazing person! That
is more than amazing; it’s a miracle, a Zacchaeus story. It can be done; an
incredible story! I applauded her!
Do you ever think we get lost in our heads?
On Fire Ministries here in Yakima is a ministry driven by a
couple who were street kids themselves once upon a time and have lived the live
of drugs and street life. They did the service at the church we attend and it
was amazing how they save lives of the “throw away youth”, those who everyone
have given up on (e.g. teens with no parents or grandparents and who are on drugs
and live on the street—society has thrown them under the bus). Their lives are
restored with the Hope of Jesus. Incredible stories. We talked to some of these
young people after church and they give all the credit to Jesus. This is the
real stuff!
C. S. Lewis wrote, “God whispers to us in our pleasures,
speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pain. Pain is God’s megaphone. We
rarely change when we see the light. We change when we feel the heat."
Willie told me
his story --
No God no peace know God know peace! His father
held grudges and never had peace in his life and his mother forgave people and
had peace in her life. As a teenager he decided who he wanted to be like, his
dad or his mom. He thought about it and he went to the side of his mother as he
wanted to have peace in his life and enjoy his life fully. That is what he told
me.
The first law of physics states that an object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion at a constant sped in a straight line unless acted upon by an unbalanced external force.
I asked a CPA if he ever gives financial advice to his
clients. He said that he used to, but he really tries not to do that anymore
unless they really ask him and then he’s very very careful. Why is that I
asked. He said, well, most of the people wanna know what they can do to change their
financial situation as they are losing their assets and they are going into
debt more and more either in their business operation or their personal budget.
So I tell them that they cannot continue to operate as they are. They need to
increase their income or lower their expenses by changing their lifestyle. They
get mad at me and tell me that they do not want to change their lifestyle or
will they change their lifestyle, no way; we like our lifestyle! Huh, isn’t
that interesting!

This is sorta kinda a different type of story. I talked by phone last Sunday morning with two of our grandchildren ages 13 and 16. The 13yearold
was at camp the previous week sooo I asked his sister what she did while he was
gone—I spent a lot of time with dad and mom—what did you learn—to have more gratitude.
Wow! Many adults haven’t learned that.
What is your story? There is hope in hard questions and tough experiences! We
all have them. Sooo be strong and courageous! You can do it! Yes, you can. Saturday
question—How do we get peace in the storm? Do we need the Force to take us a different direction?
Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:
erv
MyDeceasedFriendJean said—When we get to our wits end, we will find God there.
No comments:
Post a Comment