June 18, 2016

just right

Disclaimer--AverageJoe says--Politics is a "no fly zone!" Let's clear the air. I'm not on Hillary's or Donald's wagon. Actually I pretty much an independent with extreme thoughts on certain issues. Neither one of them suit me "just right!" ItchieBitchie says--I don't want to party with either of those cowboys!

Have you ever been run over by others' thinking? There ere extreme liberals and extreme conservatives (i.e. they don't coexist very well).  And there are moderates.  Where do you think you fit?  Really?  Americans have the right to believe in what they want and we do have free speech.  Folks in some countries don't have these freedoms. It appears that some groups of folks fit into the extremes more than others.  Union folks seem to lean one way and Evangelists seem to fit into one way toooo. Many times, it appears, it depends how it affects groups of folks' money situation (e.g. folks who receive entitlements).  Does this make any sense to you? It appears that the media usually leans to the left.  I have no idea why, but it seems that way.  ANYWAY the media have thousands of pictures of the Donald and Hillary to use.  Someone has to make a decision which ones to use. They can make a person look like a devil or a savior.  How much influence does the media have on forming folks' voting decision do you think? MissPerfect says--If the media is bias, they will portray Hillary as the "homecoming queen. even thou she might be indicted."  It will be a perfect barometer for testing the theory that the media is bias for the liberals.  Of course some of you are sooooo extremely bias on either side that you can't be objective in your evaluation.  Is Donald liberal or conservative?  How will the media portray him. He doesn't seem to really care.  He sorta kinda tells the media what he thinks of them--don't report the news factual and are very bias.  I think that is what he says. Jephthah says--I wish I could tell when folks are telling the truth or just manipulating me. Such is life.


I read this in the paper sooooo it must be right--It seems the typical consumer holds a high level of skepticism toward advertising. According to the results of a study published on a marketing website, more than three in every four consumers - over 75 percent - believe most of the claims made in advertisements, regardless of the communications medium utilized, are exaggerated or intentionally misleading. The men and women surveyed also identified the five industries they trust the least: weight loss; beauty supplies; alcoholic beverages; financial services, and automotive, in that order. Sooooo when we see or hear on TV and radio commercials, or read newspaper, magazine or online ads for products in these areas, we are more than likely to conclude, "I do not believe it."

CadillacJack says--In the advertising business we often say that "perception is reality" for the person who views our advertising message. It does not matter whether the audience believes the message to be true, only that they perceive it to be true. Their actions will be the same whether they believe it or only perceive it. LuckieEddie says--Suck it up cupcake, you have been had!

Soooo they say that what Hillary (i.e. a polished old-school politician, a regular crowd pleaser) and Donald (i.e. a maverick politician) say might not all be true--do you ever wonder if they are telling the truth? Joesixpack says--It takes a lot of balls to talk the way they do! "They say"--They are full of crap. On the 9th tee box the other day, a golf buddy said--the "they say" are the biggest bullshitters around sooooo...now I have  no idea if what "they say" is true or not!  Such is life.

We have a pot of pansies in our sun room.  If I under water it, it doesn't like it and if I over water it, it doesnt' like it.  I am learning to water it just right soooo it likes it.  Maybe that is how advertising needs to do.  Maybe.  BUT there is an old saying--There are suckers born every day.  Extreme advertising must work or they wouldn't spend huge massive dollars I would guess. SusieQ says--I'm not a sucker soooo it must be someone else!!!! GeorgeTheCrook says--MissPerfect, you might be the biggest sucker in thinking that you aren't a sucker!  Such is life.



I was cleaning some in the basement recently and came across a box of old books. They probably have no value or any interest to any one.  I did find an old book in the box of much interest. It was My Utmost For His Highest updated edition by Oswald Chambers.  I used this book for my morning readings several years but haven't read it recently. I will again.  I know some of you have used it as well. It's my favorite. Very challenging and inspiring to me. It was originally published in 1935 and has never been out of print. It has been considered to be one of the most popular religious books ever written translated in 39 languages and updated in modern language.


I read in the paper that the average age of truck drivers is 57.  Now that is interesting to me.  I also read in the paper, sooooo it must be right, that only 12.8% of Americans approve of the job done by Congress.  I think many congressmen/women are in a catch 22.  Many don't want to side up with Donald as they think it will hurt their reelection chances thinking that most Republicans don't like Donald (i.e. it's all about the money, power and prestige). But lets say Donald wins and they don't side with him, they are toast. Sooo most are mugrumpers (i.e. mug on one side of the fence and their rum on the other). Now that is a true politician folks. ItchieBitchie says--It appears that there are a lot of folks don't really care what the party thinks or says (i.e. the parties have been treating us bad for years).  They want something done.  Folks are real tired of the huge massive bureaucracy. GeorgeTheCrook says--In politics, big money talks but the truck drivers can vote.  Ah, what!

Teaching Charlie and Rookie how to crack peanuts at the old ball game.  All kids need to learn that.  Next time, how to spit!  Youbetcha! It appears it is hard to know how much I need to teach our grand kids; toooo much is no good and tooooo little is no good either.  I need to find just the right amount.  It's like, how much time do you spend with friends; tooooo much is no good and toooo little is no good.  It's like if you eat steak every day, after a while beans beans taste great! Folks get married to someone who they think they really like but after living with them 24/7, some don't like them as much as they thought (i.e. over 50% of folks get divorced--ouchy ouchy).


The right touch of a dad is perfect.

I'm sharing this with my friend's permission! Recently I had the opportunity to power wash the north side of a friend’s house (i.e. she is 89 and has arthritis and uses a cane but full of spirit).  It was a hot day and I was soaked with sweet and spray from the power washer (i.e. a real mess).  At about 5, my friend pokes her head out of the back door of the garage and asks me if I want a beer—sure—soooo she goes back in the house and gets me a Samuel Adams—I pick her up at the door with my golf cart and we sit in the shade in the back yard while I drink the beer.  Do you drink beer? No no, it was left over when our son was her. Oh!  Soooo I finished my beer and took her to the front door on the golf cart. Soooo do you know who lives across the street in that house—no, but she is a pretty girl and has a child; she’s not married but has a boyfriend who comes on weekends; I watched them leave early Monday morning; they kissed and kissed really passionately; holy cow did they kiss; I thought they would have to go back in the house; they didn’t; I guess they had to get to work. What a hoot.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--A heartfelt greeting can energize the weary and encourage the lonely.



No comments:

Post a Comment