Well well brown cow now what! I encourage you to sit down and write down your
accomplishments that you have had in your life (i.e. or were given to us). We all have accomplishments
that we feel are very important to us, maybe most of them others don’t even
know about, they are very private. I think we need to applaud ourselves for
what we have done (i.e. and thank God for them), it is good for our mental health. Humans, I read have a
tendance to beat ourselves up a lot but don’t compliment ourselves enough (i.e. many folks are humble in recognizing their accomplishments but not all). Again, I really suggest you sit down
in quit place and write your accomplishments down. You might even want to throw
the list away when done with it, that is ok, but please write them down. I
think it will do us good. I am going to do that! I hope you do too! I think most folks are much better than they think!
A form of thinking of our accomplishments was told to me by a golf friend yesterday. After we got done golfing we were siting on a little patio and talking before we left and he told me that every night and every morning he thanks God for the the blessings of his life. And this guy has not had an easy life. I asked him what he was going to do next--I'm going gambling; I gamble almost every day. Do you win--no--that is why they call it gambling and not winning!
Unsung heroes! Maybe our best accomplishments go unnoticed
by others and maybe even we don’t even know how some of our accomplishments
have affected others. They might even have results after we are dead, it could
happen! We could be a hero in someone’s life (i.e. completely turn a person’s
life around, a 180) and we will never know it.
Our circle of influence. CoachB says—Choose your friends carefully;
influence is contagious. Yes, we influence others if we know it or not. You
have influenced others; there is no doubt. That is quite an accomplishment.
Think about that. Don’t discount the influence we have on others; they are
great accomplishments. Dr. J says—Pray that God will give us the opportunity to
be salt and life wherever we go.
Uplift people for no benefit for ourself; now that is an
accomplishment. An uplift is an unbelievable accomplishment we can do to
help others. There are many ways to uplift others. And you have done it and
are doing it. How about praying for others!
Being givers! Volunteer efforts that you do are great
accomplishments; good for the recipient and good for yourself; statics prove
that. Hopefully all of us are givers in some way. People do it all over the
world. Many of you are great givers of your time, talents and money. Giving
money is a great accomplishment. And no one even knows that you did it. ItchieBitchie
says—When we give to get attention, then it’s no longer a gift but a business
deal.
Encouragement to others. Accomplishments are not considered
the same by different folks even though the accomplishment might be the same
thing (e.g. an underdog gets a college education). Those accomplishments are huge
massive to one and to another its old hat that is just taken for granted. Jeanne
worked with the Special Olympics and for some of the participants, completing a
race is a major accomplishment and they are soooo happy what they accomplished;
for another person they take it for granted (i.e. might not even appreciate
they can do it). Think about accomplishments that are really special to you.
You know what they are, only you know!

I think all of you accomplish much more than others realize
and even to yourself. You are good folks but could even be better so we all need
to throw those chips away and get our butts off the couch and do something!
That is my opinion. “True love is an act of the will—a conscious decision to do
what is best for the other person instead of ourselves."--Billy Graham
I suggest you think about doing something unexpected for someone,
something out of the box for you a.k.a. an accomplishment for you. Here is an example I
got from my second cousin once removed--
FYI - I just read in the Omaha World
Herald that Warren Buffett is stepping down from his position of "Chairman
of the Board" of Berkshire Hathaway. He just recently turned 96
years old, and his son will take over. His quote this morning ----"
Father Time always wins. He has, however, been kind to me"----- I
sent him a copy of the book Mere Christianity, by CS Lewis several years
ago, highlighting a few choice paragraphs, and offered to meet him for lunch at
a nearby Dairy Queen, (which he owns), but he did not take me up on the
offer. I even offered to buy his lunch. Still waiting. The
"Other Warren" in Omaha.
Esther of Grace says--"I went to a college whose football team is known more for its struggles than its successes. The students, fans, and alumnae don’t let this reputation define our school, or our experiences. We cheer for our team, we wear our colors proudly, we sing the fight song with passion, we encourage the next generation in attending. --- The truth is that a college is more than the football program. Ask any of us alum, and I bet we have oodles of stories to share about our experiences, our challenging classes and top-notch professors, the quaint town, the gorgeous campus… the family-feel… the friendships. Oh, and the cheese! Their creamery makes really good cheese."Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:
erv
MyDeceasedFriendJean said--Work as though everything depended on you, and pray as though everything depended on God.
No comments:
Post a Comment