May 26, 2012

No!!!

Disclaimer--You might think this "It's Saturday" is just blowing smoke up your bloomers.  And it might be soooooo.  Soooo, don't take any of this tooooo serious.  I'm not trying to make anything happen; just letting it happen.

Everyone has different opinions (i.e. you don't say erv). That is why we have horse races. Soooo you think we will have a triple crown winner?  Some of you are saying--NO way is that possible.  Two down one to go for I'll Have Another. I think Secretariat was maybe the most popular horse to do it back in 1973. Talk about Secretariat, I have a friend who I call Secretariat as he is that fast and tough and that popular. I have another friend who is also a runner. He runs about 10 to 12 miles a week. Each time he runs, he stops half way and also at the end and does 65 push ups all at one time. Now that's a tough guy at the age of 63 let me tell ya!  I bet you wonder about the guys I hang around with.  Ya, they are animals!!!!  I feel like a wimpy ol', slow plow horse compared to them.  I maybe need to hang out at the "all you can eat buffet line" to find some slower guys to compete with!

Our little 2 year old grand daughter Charlie favorite word recently is NO!  That's nutten new for most any old 2 year olds I think.  Her father says--They all do it!  Joesixpack says--"No" works in fantasy  but reality doesn't fit fantasy!!!  Henri Nouwen says this--On thing I am sure.  Complaining is self-perpetuating and counterproductive.  Whenever I express my complaints in the hope of evoking pity and receiving the satisfaction I so much desire, the result is always the opposite of what I tried to get  A complainer is hard to live with, and very few people know how to respond to the complaints made by a self-rejecting person.  The tragedy is that, often, the complaint, once expressed, leads to that which is most feared:  further rejection.  GerogeTheCrook says--Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, Think I'll go eat worms. Big fat juicy ones, Eensie weensy squeensy ones, See how they wiggle and squirm. Chomp off their heads and squeeze out the juice And throw their tails away. Nobody knows how I survive On worms three times a day.

Soooo you wonder where those little kids learn about NO! 

ItchieBitchie says--Hasn't our consumer society encouraged us to indulge in childish self-gratification?  Who has truly challenged us to liberate ourselves from immature dependencies and to accept the burden of responsible adults?  How do you do? The journey from infancy to maturity, chronologically or spiritually can be quite a journey. Some struggle more with it than others. One thing that really helps (i.e. my opinion) is to learn to say NO NO to certain things which usually are temporary satisfactions. AverageJoe says--Some of you ol' bulls might need a therapist. You have been stuck on the same notch for a long time. A crow bar might be needed to move ya! Such is life.

No, I won't do it!  No I won't!  I will not change.  I don't care if it's life threatening.  I will not change.  That's final!  ItchieBitchie says--Old habits die hard.  It's easy to fall back into our old ways.  Oh ya!  Life style changes are really hard to change (i.e. we have been programmed sooooo much by our past).  Most folks can't change a life style.  They would rather die.  And do!  Such is life. 

Sooooo Joesixpack you say you don't like what is happening to ya.  Here is a suggestion.  We often focus on trying to change an event or circumstance, when we really need to change the habits that caused it. Often bad things that happen to us have happened before.  If we change the pattern, we keep it from happening again.  Work on your habits if you want to change what's happening.  Soooo Joesixpack, do you say NO or YES to that statement.  Are you YES I will implement that changing of my habits or are you NO to implementing a change in your habits.  Decisions have consequences and you are in charge of your decisions.  Such is life.

GeorgeTheCrook says--Learn to do it the right way the first time.  It will save a lot of time in the long run.  His wife would rather just wing it, she always has.  For those of you who are married, for those of you who have a close friend or for those of you who have children, do you always do it the same way as they do?  Arlene and I don't do everything the same.  We don't always think alike, don't always see things the same, and always don't react the same--no no!  Sometimes it's frustrating for both of us.  Oh ya!  I really think a big part of not being the same is that we were programed differently--both genetically and environmentally.  It can't be any different (e.g. if you were raised in a crazy Democrat family or a crazy Republican family).  And sometimes we just become crazy on our own.  Such is life.

MissPerfect says--Let your nos be nos and your yeses be yeses--don't be a mugrumper! Don't always be politically correct.  A mugrumper sits on the fence with his mug on on side and rump on the other.  What ever is the most popular thinking is where he is.  He's a joke!  But some folks appear to fall for the mugrumber's tactics all the time. Come on folks, figure those tricksters out; don't be soooo gullible!

No no no, you can't do that.  I have told you a million times NO!  But they go ahead and do it anyway.  Ouchy ouchy! I guess folks need to learn for themselves what no means.  My Daddy, Chester, would say to me--Experience is a mean teacher.  It's a lot easier to learn from others' mistakes. 

I have a friend who has NO interest in politics what sooooooo ever.  This guy is smart, educated, great thinker and just a nice buy.  But he has absolutely no interest in politics.  Sooooo what do you think of that.  It reminds me of what FastFredde says--If a man is poor, he is stupid; if he is rich, he's a crook; if he goes to church he's a hypocrite; if he stays away, he's a sinner.  If  he's in politics, he's a grafter; if he takes no interest in politics, he's unworthy citizen; if he dies young, there was a great future ahead of him; if he lives to a ripe old age, he's a burden to society.  The only man who is never criticized is he who has never been born.

MissPerfect says--I bet there are a lot of gals wish they would have said no!  Soooooo what does that mean MissPerfect?  It means different things to different gals.  Sooooooo...!  SugarShorts says--Every time I start thinking too much about how I look, I just find a Happy Hour and by the time I leave, I look just fine (e.g. a temporary satisfaction).

JoeBlow says--No no!  I don't do it for attention, I do it for the money.  We outgrow our high chairs and cribs, but many of us never outgrow the desire for attention. This desire can shape the decisions we make: what clothes we wear, how we spend money, and how we act in public. Our desire for attention can be dangerous. It can disorient or even ruin our lives. Many celebrities admit that fame is as powerful as any drug.  If we have had opportunities in our churches, we need to constantly pray that we do these opportunities for the right motive.  Doing stuff in church should never be done for attention (i.e. a performance to gain applause).  It should be done to honor and glorify God (i.e. that's my opinion).  Yabut DuaneTheWorm does it for attention and it seems to work quite well for him!  Such is life.

April through today we have had a lot of wind--strong wind. I only remember a few days when it hasn't been windy.  I don't like wind.  NO NO!  I especially don't like wind when playing golf.  I especially don't like wind playing my home course as it's pretty open and the wind seems even stronger.  My head really got shrunk up pretty good this last week (i.e. my hat fell off my head--yes it did).  On a relatively windless day, I shot a par round on our 9 hole course.  Then in league (i.e. winds blowing about 35 miles a hour with hard and fast greens) I shot 49.  I tell you what, the next league night that the winds are up, I will not be able to make it--NO NO..  I will have a funeral to go to that night! 

MissPerfect says--I want to become as I was before the storm. The problem is MissPerfect, we can never become as we were before the storm.  No no, no way! Each experience, good or bad, changes us (i.e. programed by our past). Okay, we all have had our lives rocked by different situations and events.  We are rocked soooo hard sometimes that we have to go to the Rock a.k.a Jesus for comfort.  Sometimes it takes such a storm for us to figure somethings out a little.  What do you think?  LuckieEddie says--Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning how to dance in the rain.  Sooooo suck it up cupcake and start dancing!

NO NO, YES YES!  Our son-in-law, James, said to our little 4 year old granddaughter, Erin, "You are growing up too fast; you need to quite growing."  Erin replied, "I'm going to grow up daddy, you need to get over it."

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Frustration is trying to find your glasses without your glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment