November 3, 2012

inside my head

Warning:  You ask, what am I saying?  I ask, what are you hearing?  MissPerfect hears but doesn't hear the same stuff as I do!  MissPerfect sees but doesn't see the same stuff as I do!   The gap between more and enough never chances folks.  It just doesn't.  It seems like it doesn't matter who is President.  Such is life.

I wish. I wish I wish!  I sometimes get in my head that others have it better than I do. I wish...! I do. I shouldn't but I wish...!  I wish sometimes that things would be different (i.e. have you ever thought that).  The reality is that I  just think shallow sometimes.  My thoughts sometimes make me sad! Sad inside my head at times.  Maybe my sadness doesn't show on the outside but I am sad on the inside sometimes.  You might not have any idea what's going on in my head!  You maybe just don't.  I might be sorta kinda like DuaneTheWorm when he butteres your back when you are with him and berates you when you are away. 

I"m working on hitting my third shot just over the net when playing pickle ball (i.e. BigPete says I have to do it as all the good players do it).  It was all in my head that I couldn't do it.  I have worked on it a little and I have some hope.  Sometimes I get something in my head and it creates a problem.  I just got to work at it and it amazes me what I can do and get better at if I get the right thoughts in my head. 

We are putting in a fairway water system in our golf course.  We are doing it with volunteer help.  We have EngineerJim and EngineerPaul and the rest of us are just grunt workers.  ANYWAY I was working beside a guy who I didn't know very well.  I asked him how old he was--73.  When did you start playing golf--age 50.  Then after a while he said--I play a lot with my brother.  He does things and says things that just get in my heard.  I play some with a guy who is a game player (i.e. he is always trying to get in guys' heads with his actions and his sayings).  I don't think he affects me (i.e. at least consciously).  What is funny to me is that he can dish it out but can't take it (i.e. he gets mad if someone tries to get in his head).  Such is life.

Happenstance, na, I don't think sooooo folks!  This guy got inside my head.  When working on the fairway water system, one of my golf buddies (i.e. sorta kinda out of the blue) said in front of several workers--I am really blessed; really blessed!  He really made me think.  I am really blessed; really blessed toooooo!  I have the life of Riley.   

Do you think there is anyone who totally understands you?  I doubt it folks.  There is no such animal who can totally understand you.  No way!  I heard SusieQ talking to herself (i.e. pretty much a one way conversation) and I really think no one can understand her.  No one, I mean no one, knows what is going on in her head.  Some folks might but really they don't.  Even if you explain to them what's going on in your head, they still really don't understand!  They really don't.  They can't.  Everyones situation is somewhat different (i.e. not exactly the same).  That's why no one can understand what's totally going on in your head. 

JoeBow says I like what's going on in my head.  I really like it.  I don't want to give it up.  I'm very comfortable with my thoughts.  My thoughts are the most favorite thing in the whole wide world--ever ever ever ever?  What is your most favorite thing in your head.  I mean in the whole wide world--ever ever ever ever?  I know some folks who have some strange thoughts in their heads (i.e. from my perspective).  But they love their thoughts and don't want to give them up.  The extreme Republicans and the extreme Democrats are good examples (i.e. it appears that they have a constant buzz in their head). Iowa is a swing state they say.  I think we should spend more tax economical development dollars each year creating it to be a swing state in each Presidential election.  It has brought in millions and millions and millions of dollars to our state.  I think we need to develop this situation.  It's a cheap and effective way to stimulate our economy each 4 years.  Ya gotta be innovative.  This is a slam dunk folks!

Socrates in 399 BC was executed by drinking a hemlock 'cause folks didn't understand what was going on in his head.  The folks of Athens thought he was corrupting the youth and expressing his ideas against those of Athens.  Socrates said--From the deepest desires often comes the deadliest hate.  I had an acquaintance tell me that she lost all hope in her life (i.e. folks didn't understand what was going on in her head--they just didn't understand).  BUT little by little she started getting a little hope back (i.e. by different folks encouraging her, Christian music, God's promises and etc).  There is no medicine like hope, no incentive soooooo great and no tonic soooo powerful as the expectation of something better tomorrow.  She changed her stinkin' thinkin'!

The old saying "Pressure can break a pipe" is true.  Oh that pressure of life.  Joesixpack says--A guy has to weave, bob and duck that pressure or it will kill ya.  Oh ya!  Pressure can be like a punch to the gut! Perchance you have experienced some pressure.  Maybe just maybe pressure we apply is inside our head (e.g. we what perfect perfection which can't happen).  President Franklin D. Roosevelt told his son Elliott in 1941--There has never been, there isn't now and there never will be, any race of people on earth fit to serve as masters over their fellow men.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."- Steve Jobs

Jealousy a great motivator a friend just told me.  It is also the cause of many many problems.  It's mostly about money that folks are jealous about.  That is what he said.  He's a smart guy soooooo listen up folks.  I catch myself comparing sometimes.  There is nutten good that ever comes out of it.  I try real hard to get it out of my head but it rattles around inside of my head sometimes.  Ouchy ouchy!

I got it in my head that I wanted to buy a kayak.  Sooooo I started to do some looking around at new and used kayaks.  I asked folks who have kayaks what they thought.  I got some good advice.  Here is some of it--get a long one as they are easier to keep straight but the shorter ones are easier to turn--are you sure you can get a kayak on top of you car by yourself--be careful as you need to buy all the equipment that goes with it and it might cost more than you think.  I talked to a guy at a major sports store and he give me some neat advice--He said he sells about 500 each year.  Most of the folks use them about 3 times and then don't use them and then sell them for half price (i.e. in their head they thought it was going to be more fun that they thought).  He suggested I do research and get all the advice I can and then make a decision (i.e. maybe even rent one to make sure you want to do it).  He also said his granddad gave him this advice--Get all the information you can but just keep the information that applies to you; get rid of the rest.  I have gotten it out of my head--I'm not buying a kayak (i.e. at least not right now).  Such is life.

Maybe it's just inside my head?  I read this while eating my oatmeal with half a banana on it.   How silly idolatry is! Someone cuts a log in two and cooks dinner with one half while worshiping the other. Stupid! But are we really different? We still bow before things humans have made. Can we see our own foolishness? We buy things thinking we own them. Instead they really own us. We pay for them, maintain them, store them, insure them, move them around, and finally throw them out. When hard times come things are powerless to help us.

SusieQ asks--Are  you tired of being tired?  My advice is to get some advice!  I had the opportunity to be involved in a business meeting recently where there were two female college students.  They might have equal intelligence and might have the same work ethic (i.e. I don't know about that).  But what a difference in their demeanor.  One was dressed business casual and the other in a sloppy tee shirt.  One was very poised and receptive.  The other sniffed loudly 4 times, redid her hair twice, blew bubbles with her bubble gum and adjusted her bra cups twice.  Their was a massive huge difference in their demeanor folks.  And I don't think it's in my head.  I believe the one person's mannerisms put her at a disadvantage.  What do you think?  This gal needs some advice to change her mannerisms (i.e. my opinion).

ItchieBitchie says--I don't like outliers.  It causes a lot of self doubt.  It's ok if you're wrong if everybody else is wrong with you.  It's not ok to be wrong if you're the only one wrong (i.e. inside the bubble).  It's what is inside your head that matters anyway.  It doesn't really matter what is really right or wrong.  It's if you think you're right then that is what's really matters to you.  And if you have already made up your mind what is right, there isn't much use in discussing it.  You have already have it inside your head.  But sometimes a guy can get thrown for a loop by being brainwashed. Oh ya!

We were in contact with a young man about 35 who we haven't seen for maybe 12 years.  He reminded my of his story of how a person tried to get in his head.  His high school guidance counselor told him that he was not college material and he should just find a job.  He got a BA and is now a high executive in a technology company managing massive huge projects and have many many folks under his supervision.  Soooo why didn't he listen to his high school guidance counselor and just lay down and die?  Not 100% certain but I think it had to do with what's in his head, the motivation of his siblings and good parenting by his parents.  I think soooo.  Sooooo the moral of the story, don't let others get in your head and destroy your dreams.  They might have a head problem of their own.  Ouchy ouchy!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--It's usually better to work on the construction gang than the wrecking crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment