December 1, 2012

it's all how you look at it

SusieQ says-- Beat the Christmas rush, come to church this Sunday!

It's all how you look at it.  Not everyone understands it the same.  I read this in the Book while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it:  Many of them said, "He is demon-possessed and raving mad.  Why listen to him."  ItchieBitchie says--Well, the truth of the matter is that everything is a matter of perception. Your 'howyoulookatit" might determine your outcome!

A couple weeks ago, I and a friend were the first to the Growth Group after the Sunday service.  I asked her how she was doing health wise as she has had a massive huge concern in the past.  She told me she is doing really well.  I told her I was very happy for her.  She said--I have a very good life.  Attitude--It's all how you look at it maybe.  You think soooooo.

A friend said to me recently--being a millionaire is no big deal anymore (i.e. he is a multi millionaire).  Ya own 80 acres of good Iowa ground @ $13,000 an acre and bingo, you're a millionaire.  If you own 600 acres of good Iowa ground @ $13,000 an acre, what does that make you.  Da!  Those folks have sooooo much money that they drive space ships!  But my friend, very few of the general population own the ground and very few marry folks that do and very few inherit the ground.  Soooo for most folks, being a millionaire is a difficult thing to do (i.e. it is a big deal).  It's all how you look at it my friend.  I realize that there are some who are laying in the weeds waiting for their parents to die soooo they will become instant millionaires--bingo! But if you are making the average family income in Iowa of a little over $47,000, being a millionaire is a big deal.  Again, it's all how you look at it.  Money can't buy happiness goes the old adage, but if it could, my friend would be on cloud nine!!!  Another old adage I read in the paper (i.e. so it must be right) says--Very rich a.k.a. haymakers) do not become very rich by getting into diversified mutual funds or investing in an ETF or investing in the S and P Index Fund but...!  SusieQ says--Of course being rich is all how you look at it (i.e. a state of mind).  This friend who made the statement had 5 siblings and was raised on a 160 acre farm.  After high school he worked for a farmer for $2 an hour.  He was lucky or made some good decisions or both.  Such is life.

It's all how you look at it.  I talked to a friend recently asking his advice about converting our stocks to cash.  He said--Ya gotta do what you think is right.  It might be right and it might be wrong.  Will there be a "market riot"?  Years ago I would ask Jim (i.e. a broker on the NY Stock Exchange) what the market was going to do.  He always said--It's going to go up or it's going to go down!  ANYWAY my friend said he bought some farm ground maybe 15 years ago.  He said he just felt terrible and his stomach hurt for a couple of weeks.  He said--I paid toooo much for it (i.e. maybe $2,000 and acre or soooo).  Now it's worth $10,000 to $15,000 an acre.  He said, there was another farm that came up for sale next to me.  I thought he was asking toooo much (i.e. they wanted $2,800 and acre for it).  If I would have only known.  Well folks, I gotta do what I gotta do in trying to keep Arlene in purses and shoes.  Got any suggestions?  Such is life.

MissPerfect says--Young folks seem to look at our current financial problem different than older folks I think.  Do you think that is true?  I don't know if they really know how serious this current situation is.  Maybe it isn't that serious to them.  Maybe.  Most young folks only know--spend more and worry about it tomorrow.  Where did they get that mentality from anyway!?!.  It appears that this attitude is very contagious.  My Daddy, Chester, use to tell me--Interest is something you get, not something you pay out.  The only time he would suggest to borrow is on anything that appreciates.  Never on anything that depreciates. SusieQ says--That's not American anymore; get with it erv!

Saturday question--What's the difference between being pro-active and re-active?  It's all how you look at it folks.  I talked to Doris (i.e. my kid sister) this week. It was her birthday about a week ago and I forgot to call her. She told me that the Majority leader of the MI Senate was their SS leader last Sunday. He said the Republics will need to re-package what they believe in order to be get elected (i.e.not change what they are but just repackage their presentation). He said our churches will probably have to do the same.  CadillacJack says--The foolish double down--do more of what isn't working, escape into various bad habits and addictions, hope for the best!

Lucky us!  We have a model for the perils of perpetual can-kicking and it's the debacle that is the eurozone.  If the governmental decision is to do what they did the last 4 years, why would we expect different results (i.e. obviously many folks like the last 4 years).  My "hopefulthinking" is that they will get it figured out but I'm not being over confident by looking at their past.  I expect some more cameo performances.  ItchieBitche says--It looks like a rerun, de ja vu all over again, ditto!  I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't Groundhog Day!  It just leaves me in limbo!  Put a band aid on it and we will look at it in 4 years!  Kick the can down the street.  Or a grand bargain.  When it's all said and done--It will be all how you look at it.  How you look at it by the way it affects your pocketbook.  It's all about the money folks.  ItchieBitchie says-I give up hope that things will go the way I want them.  When I accept this and live with reality, life changes.  Think about that folks.  Such is life.

Call me crazy, but I'm guessing that if it really really really gets bad enough, something will happen!  Da!  The question is--Is it bad enough yet?  Example--Our drain in one of our bathrooms is slow.  I'm sure the soap, hair etc has narrowed the passage through the goose neck.  It has been this way for a couple of weeks.  I haven't attempted to clean it.  It still works sorta kinda but is just slower.  Some morning it won't work.  Then I will have to clean it.  Such is life.

I had breakfast with some guys the other morning.  A young guy (i.e. age 23) just got his bill on his college debt.  It was $19,000 (i.e. that sounds like a fist full of dollar to me) and he has to pay $300+ a month until paid off.  That is a lot or isn't a lot?  It all depends on how you look at it.  He said that he knows of others who have $100,000 debt (i.e. that sounds like 2 fists full of  dollars to me).  They borrowed money to live highonthehog (i.e. bought a lot of beer and pizza).  GeorgeTheCrook says--Don't need to worry, the government will bail them out (i.e.maybe some day they won't).  Such is life. 

I talked to an ol' golf buddy Dave who I met in AZ who's home is in Sioux Falls. He has some form of incurrable lung cancer. This guy has such a good attitude about life. He told me that his illness has limited him in what he can do but has let him read more. He has read a lot about "thegraceofGod". Basically he said--It's all how you look at it! Such is life.

A80yearoldfriend says--When Revelations was written, John and God understood it; now only God does!  That's sorta kinda like what Lee Trevino said about getting hit by lightning on a golf course--Hold your 2 iron high over your head, God can't even hit a 2 iron!  I guess it's all how you look at it folks.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--To find yourself requires that you take time to look; it is essential if you want to be real to the core.

No comments:

Post a Comment