May 18, 2013

Afraid

Disclaimer:  My bight light might not be the same as your bright light.  Sooooo advance with caution.  I question if there are any two folks that think exactly alike.   I might be off the beatin' path or you might be (i.e. who knows for sure)!  When and how will we ever know folks?  Of course we could both be off the beatin' path!  Na, that couldn't be!  LuckieEddie says--If everyone is thinking alike, then I'm afraid somebody isn't thinking!  Such is life.

Joesixpack says--This is my final offer!  Ya, right Joesixkpack!  There is no such thing as a final offer!  How many guys keep asking and eventually they marry her.  They didn't accept her final offer.  Persistence.  Keep after it.  Is that good advice do you think?  If you really don't care, then move on but if you really want a certain result, a guy needs to keep after it (i.e. my opinion).  I'm afraid that quitters usually don't win the prize.

 However, sometimes we need to accept realty and move on.  That is hard sometimes as we are pretty stubborn sometimes.  About as stubborn as SusieQ.  She is as stubborn as her stubborn belly fat.  LuckieEddie says--Learn the lessons of the past school of life and apply them; Focus on the current reality; Don't be afraid about the "possibility reality" that you are worrying about. 

I was golfing the other day.  When I was done I stopped by the club house as some of my buddies were on the deck socializing.  I said I had to go.  Why do you have to go?  I promised Arlene I would clean the sun porch floor.  Are you using a mop or getting down on you hands and knees?--I found an old sponge-squeeze mop in the basement that I'm going  to use; Arlene said, it won't work--Delbert
said, tell her to go for a walk (i.e. everyone laughed).  Sooo several days later I was at the course and those same guys were again on the deck socializing.  They asked me if I got the sun porch floor cleaned.  Ya, I'm afraid the mop didn't work; all the dirt went in the grout sooooo I'm afraid I had to get on my hands and knees after all (i.e. and they all laughed again).  And Arlene said--I told you sooooo!  The picture I took while sittin' in my recliner in our sun porch looking at the clean sun porch floor (i.e. that sucker shines folks).  Ya, I have the life of Riley!   Such is life.

Afraid of your master.  Saturday question--Who or what is your master?  Who or what has control of your life, you emotions, your money, your thinking, etc?  Are you compassionate, kind, humble, gentle and patient?  Or are you a DuaneTheWorm (i.e. always putting on a front to make himself look better--all about him)?  DuaneTheWorm can schmooze with the best of them. He's good let me tell you. He's doesn't know what he's always talking about but he knows he's right!  GeorgeTheCrook says--Ego is a huge massive master let me tell ya!  A loving, kind, tender attitude doesn't get much attention in the aggressive social world.  erv speaking here--I like the real folks with the good hearts (i.e. you guys).  My opinion is that DuaneTheWorm is a blight!

Concave or convex!  A friend told me--Some days I'm more liberal and some days I'm more conservative.  It varies and I don't know why!  I think he's right.  I'm afraid some days I'm maybe smarter than other days tooooo.  Is that possible.  I saw a friend the other day.  He was going for a run.  He had his I-Pod on and I asked him if the plugs stay in his ears.  I told him sometimes mine don't stay in very well.  I just keep pushing them in farther but it doesn't seem to help.  He said there is a left and right, you knew that didn't you.  No I didn't!!! Such is life. When you get to be a senior, lots of things happen that didn't use tooooo.  Ask any senior golfer at any senior golf outing (i.e. you don't have ask them, just observe)!!!!

SusieQ says--Wow!  That was kind of close.  We almost missed the boat!  Mental preparation: Examine your life to find what you're really grateful for. What makes you happy? What keeps you going? Give thanks for these blessings. Physical preparation: You need to slow down in order to be grateful. When you're always on the move, you have little time to rest and give thanks. Schedule time for this. Diet: Allow for spiritual nourishment. Biblical characters such as King David, Paul, and even Job gave God praise in the best and worst of times. Read their accounts. Expert insight: Who in your life exercises gratitude? You are likely drawn to them. They live well, laugh freely, and truly love others. Model their behavior.  LuckieEddie says--I'm afraid many humans just plain miss the boat doing these suggestions.  What do you think?

WildWillie says--Maybe I don't like the situation I'm in but do need to accept.  I afraid that we need to deal with it if we like it or not.  MissPerfect says--I'm afraid I have been angry before and it doesn't seem to help!  Ouchy ouchy!

Afraid to move forward?  Are you afraid right now?  What are you afraid of?  Here is some advice from www.MountainWings.com  that I really like but might be hard to do.  Think about it.  I have.  "My advice is to take that leap of faith. You will probably say, "But I don't have the resources now!"  You may be in the best shape now for such a leap of faith.  The business world is getting tougher. We are getting older.  You will never be as young as you are right now to leap.  You may never have as many resources as you do right now.  Later, you may have less resources and the leap required will take an even higher jump. The further you travel down a wrong road, the further it is just to get back to the point where you turned on the road. I don't believe that the road you are on is particularly wrong, it's just not going anywhere that you want to end up."  My, Mom, Anna use to say--erv, the best time to do anything is now (i.e. seize the moment)!  

I'm afraid he might be right!  My friend said--It was 'cause of all the beer he drank
 (i.e. 365.25 days of drinking low-calorie beer = 1 Lite year).  A friend told me
that he weighed 193 pounds at his heaviest (i.e. had a big belly).  He was one big Clydesdale folks!  He has weighed 150 pounds for years now.  He went on to say--I sorta kinda watch my weight but my 193 weight was 'cause I drank toooo much beer.  It was when I was younger!  I watch what I eat more now.  Have you ever noticed that some days food tastes better?  I had some raspberries on my oatmeal the other day (i.e. something different than my usual half of a banana).  One day they didn't taste soooo good and the next they tasted oh sooooo good.  They were from the same package.  I wonder if my thinking is that way tooooo--some days my thinkin' is better and different that others. Some days I can do Sudoku verily well and the next day I struggle.  Why?  Could be that I'm not as focused some days (i.e. am multi-thinking with like other stuff on my mind) or...!

I'm afraid most folks don't do! Calculate your target No matter what your age, you should have at least some idea of how much income you'll need in order to maintain your standard of living once you're out of the workforce. Retirement analysts generally set the number at 70% to 85% of preretirement household income. That's not because you'll be expected to skimp in your old age, but rather because some costs, such as payroll taxes, money set aside for retirement saving and work expenses, will disappear and others, such as your income taxes, could drop. To keep it simple, Fidelity arrives at the 85% replacement rate by multiplying your final salary by eight. The calculation includes Social Security but doesn't factor in dual incomes; it assumes you'll retire at 67 and spend down your nest egg over 25 years. Fidelity also gives you savings mileposts: Save one times salary at age 35, three times salary at 45 and five times salary at 55. "The idea is to give people a rule of thumb so they know whether they're on track while they have time to make adjustments," says Jeanne Thompson, a Fidelity vice-president. A friend passed this on to me. Pretty good huh! Many folks don't like to listen to this. SusieQ says--It's a lot easier to marry it or inherit it! Such is life.

A friend told me--The difference between being considered eccentric and crazy is money! Does age have anything to do with that tooooo do you think? ItchieBitchie says--I'm not quite pushing 90 yet, but I'm taking notes on things to do to stay active! Shot my first turkey yesterday. Scared the sardines outta everyone in the frozen food section. It was awesome! I'm afraid that is near redneckdom!

Mothers not on the couch eatin' chips! My kid sister, Doris, age 62, ran in the 36th Annual Fifth Third River Bank Run last Saturday in Grand Rapids, MI (i.e. 8 of 60 in her age group in the 5k run division).  That's a wow folks!  That's my kid
sister!!  What more can I say.    There were 21,000 runners.  Wow!  They had several different divisions of runners  One division was the Clydesdale, men 185-199 men 200+ and women Clydesdale 145-154  and 155+.  That made me smile some.  Our daughter, Heather, ran in the 11th Annual Mother's Day Boulder T9K+ (i.e. a bit over 6 miles--486 of 1,629).  I think that's pretty neat.  I applaud both of those mothers.  And what did Arlene do on Mother's Day? 

I had the best mom possible.  Anna was a very nice lady, tenderhearted, kind, firm, hardworking and was also the spiritual leader of our family.  She planted seeds and let the Holy spirit take it from there.  She just died tooooo early at the age of 56.  My sisters have many of her fine qualities.  Yes they do.  Our mom was rooted in love.  Here is the video that was used at Hope Lutheran in West Des Moines on Mother's Day.  It was very touching to me.  http://skitguys.com/videos/item/my-mom  One more thing, the pastor said--Some of you do not or did not have good  moms.  Sooooo if that is your case,  you be the 'Champion of your family" and break the chain. 

Changing my oatmeal recipe--maybe!  I was thinkin' this morning as I was eating my oatmeal with a half a banana and some blueberries on it (i.e. with skim milk and 70 seconds in the microwave then put my topping on)--maybe I should try some of your concoctions of eating oatmeal.  I know, as some of you have told me, that you eat oatmeal and do it in a lot of ways.  Sooooo let me know your favorite oatmeal concoction!  I'm afraid I might have become boring!!!!  What made me think of  maybe trying something different is that I have the opportunity to led adult Sunday School this Sunday and am going to do it on Lincoln's famous speech--A house divided cannot stand.  Of course Lincoln got that from the Bible (i.e. many of his speeches came from  the Bible).  Soooooo if a house wants to be unified, maybe someone has to change.  Sooooo maybe I will change how I eat my oatmeal.  MAYBE! 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Do the vey best you can--and leave the outcome to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment