April 12, 2014

Say what!

TheEngineerFromMI says--Philosophy is such a profound realm...........and sometimes seemingly contradictory to common sense. 

You guys don't understand everything I say "say what"!  I know you don't.  Even if you think you understand me, many times I don't thing you do.  I was having breakfast with our NW IA friends before we left from AZ.  One of my buddies (i.e. Evan) told us that his mother would holler up to the boys in the morning--Time to get up, Judy is callin'!  She did this every morning all his life.  He never knew what she was saying or doing.  He went to good old Northwestern College and in chapel one day, President Grandberg talked about--Duty is calling.  Bingo!

Played my last AZ golf last Saturday with my buddy, TheEngineerFromMI and a couple from NE.  The couple was 91 and 80 years of age.  It was their 3rd marriage for both.  She said--I wanted 15 years out of  him and we are on 18!  Their previous partners all died.  TheEngineerFrom MI said--Duty is what you have to do in your situation.  Wow, that's philosophical!  AverageJoe says--It's tough tough tough to predict what has and will happen in your life (i.e. how true).  MyBuddyJim hit a terrible tee shot (i.e. high and short that went ob a.k.a. elephant's ass shot--high and stinky).  He re-teed and hit the exact same bad, weak shot (i.e. he's usually pretty good).  We went up there to see if maybe we could find his balls and this lady was in her backyard and reamed him out and said it almost hit her and he should be more careful (i.e. she was really really mad).  He apologized and was pretty shuck up.  I told him--Don't worry buddy, those shots you hit were soooo weakly hit that they couldn't of hurt anyone (i.e. ha ha!)!  Just philosophising to him!  Say what!

Question! Several of you have asked--erv, are you a terrible speller or do you misspell words on purpose?  What word in the English language is always spelled incorrect?  You are right, the word is incorrect? 

Say what!  "Anyone with needs to be prayed over, come forward, to the front at the altar," the Preacher says.  SenorSnowbirdLeroyFromMN gets in line, and when it's his turn, the preacher asks:  "Leroy, what do you want me to pray about for you."  Leroy replies: "Preacher, I need you to pray for my hearing."  The preacher puts one finger in Leroy's ear, and he places the other hand on top of Leroy's head and prays and prays and prays, he prays a blue streak for Leroy.  After a few minutes, the Preacher removes his hands, stands back and asks, "Leroy, how is your hearing now?" Leroy says, "I don't know, Reverend, it ain't til next Wednesday!"

Joesixpack, can you track and capture the AZ Gila Monster?  Joesixpack says--I don't even know what the AZ Gila Monster is!  Joesixpack--Sooooo is that a deal killer...pretty much!  Do you have monsters in your life?  What are the monsters in your life?  Ya, those monsters can cause "ickness" folks.  Soooo get rid of those monsters in your life if you know what they are!!!  GeorgeTheCrook says--Some times that isn't a possibility!  Such is life.


The painted rock sign up'erin'emmouintains says--This-a-way but we went that-a-way and are heading back to IA via Morrision, CO and Waukee, IA.  

What did you say?  I said, I wonder if life would be easier if I wouldn't care about stuff.  If I wouldn't try to fix things.  Just don't care.  Caring can be frustrating to me at times.  Particularly when I can't fix it or it doesn't go my way.  Maybe I over react.  Maybe I want the world to be fair.  It ain't; the only thing that's fair is the Butler County Fair and that's in June.  I like things when they go the way I like them to go!  How about you?  I think, my opinion, it's good to get around different folks and a different environment at times (i.e. it's refreshing and motivating). It makes home look even better maybe.  "Rest time is not waste time. It is economy to gather fresh strength.... It is wisdom to take occasional furlough. In the long run, we shall do more by sometimes doing less." ~  Charles H. Spurgeon

MoneyBagsNorman is fetish at times!  He has faith in only two things in his last analysis, his power and his money.  By these he lives and by these he will die.  That's sorta kinda putting your finger on the truth CharlieBrown.  The truth is it must get hot in these here condos during the summer.A neighbor in a condo near us puts 8 5 gallon pails of water in his condo when he leaves.  All the water is all evaporated (i.e. all gone) when he gets back in the fall. Say what!  Looking under the hood--I asked our real estate rental broker about that.  She said--That is just recreational work!  It does no good.  But she did say--Because of the extreme dryness, about 80% of the folks are probably going to have terminates this year.  Ouchy ouchy! 

Color me confused!  Have you ever said one thing but got misunderstood?  Of course you have.  Everyone has; probably almost every day if  we talk.  That is why emails, social media and phone conversations are sooooo many times misunderstood.  When you visit in person, your body language says a lot.  Before we left AZ, I tried to say good by to friends and acquaintances in person.  It's just different to do it in person instead of an email or phone call.  Ya can't hug that way and use other body language.  It's good to look them in the eye and say good by.  

Kentucky coach John Calipair told his players that he didn't want to see any body language showing any disappointment (i.e. negative feelings).  I want to see positive body language. If you show fear, you will be on the bench; I want you guys to play fearless; ya can't be afraid to miss!  

Just plain lazy!  The other day I got a flat tire on my bike riding in Mesa from a Goat thorn (i.e. only had to walk about 2 miles).  I took it to the bike shop and had it fixed.  I talked to the technician who did the work.  His name was David and lived in Ames, IA when a kid.  ANYWAY we talked about biking etc.  He told me last year he rode 6,000 miles and this year he has hardly ridden.  How come.  I'm lazy, just plain lazy.  I have a girl friend toooo sooo that makes a difference but really I'm just lazy, just plain lazy.  I got a motorcycle tooooo which takes time but really, I'm just lazy, just plain lazy!  Say what!

Hi there young fella!  I was getting off my bike at the business office and this guy says to me--Hi there young fella!  He was about 90 sooooo maybe I did look young to him.  Maybe or just maybe he just made it up to make me feel good.  Could be.  I read this in the paper about biking--A lot of people start with indoor spinning and when they see the great legs and rear ends of folks who dedicate their lives to spinning, they get more serious.  From spinning to the streets, it's a great exercise...How do you get faster?  The answer is ride your bike.  How do you become better?  Ride your bike.  Ride your bike ride your bike ride your bike, unless you are lazy!

Come out with your hands up!  Say what!  Before we left AZ, I went outside to sit in front of our condo with my wine and sudoku about 5:30 one evening.  There was a helicopter circling to the west.  It was a police helicopter and and someone in it kept saying -- come out with your hands up.  I didn't know for sure if they were talking to me or not.  I walked to the middle of the street with my hands up with my wine in one hand and my sudoku in the other.  After about 5 minutes, I realized that they weren't after me!  Such is life.

Mixed emotions!  Some times I have mixed emotions about certain folks and certain situations.  Do you ever have mixed emotions?  I don't know for sure what I think about certain folks sometimes.  Then there are other folks who I know exactly what my emotions are about them.  These folks usually are open, sincere, and real (i.e. not phony like DuaneTheWorm who only thinks about himself--self centered).  Many times when folks share their similar emotions (i.e. 'cause of maybe a similar experience) it is good for both folks.  But it isn't always easy to find such a person.  Ya gotta have trust and faith in 'em!  Sometimes such a person just falls into your lap.  Happenstance, na I don't think sooooooo!



We had a big shebang!  Ya, our pickle ball group played and had a bratwurst feed Tuesday afternoon.  I tell ya what folks, was I a lucky guy (i.e. it just feel in my lap).  I met IndianaDan (i.e. he could be the brother to IndianaJones), when we got to AZ.  He offered me the opportunity to play pickle ball with him and a group of folks who are "just plain nice folks".  I have played many many many days with them.  It would have never happened it it wasn't for IndianaDan a.k.a. the big stallion!  My winter was "way more enjoyable" 'cause of this experience.  ThanksamillionIndiannaDan! You made my life do a triple double somersault with a triple flip!

Yowzaa!  Say what!  They started a church in our 55+ community.  I understand that a retired Presbyterian pastor does the speaking and it is attended by maybe 60 folks. I know two folks who go.  Both of them have not attended church for many many years.  I wonder why they decided to go now?  Huh, interesting!  Everybody has a story folks, everybody! CadillacJack says--Jeekits...that's a double wow!  

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, bit in rising every time we fall.



1 comment:

  1. Erv, we put 12 5 gallon buckets of water in our condo before we leave.. he he.. makes me and the bro feel better anyway!
    Pete

    ReplyDelete