July 5, 2014

Howdotheydothat!

I have not had any experience in such matters nor do I have any knowledge in such matter soooo I really don't know much about such matters. But then, not knowing what I'm talking about has never stopped me before.  Soooooo read with caution.  Just pull your hat down a little lower.  That should work!  

Joesixpack said this, he said,--repeat, he said--The worst-tempered people I've ever met were people who knew they were wrong.  Ya they can be rather obnoxious especially if they have big egos.  I wonder if ego could be one of the biggest motivators in the world.  It might be related to envy and jealousy (i.e. first cousins I think).  There are some folks that under no circumstances will admit they are wrong--NEVER!  SusieQ says--It takes a big man to admit they are wrong (i.e. not physically big, folks but mentally big).  LuckieEddie says--Maybe, just maybe, that is why some guys think that Christianity is for the weak, those who need a crutch, those who cant handle life on their own (i.e. those who have bats in their belfry).  


Little by little! If I was only...!  SusieQ says--Yabut you aren't.  Sooooo be yourself.  Then you don't have to pretend to be someone you are not in the first place.  ItchieBitchie says--Hey listen, little by little, you become you! Ya better pack a lunch as this might take a long time to make you who you are and will become.  As my mentor would tell me--erv, we are programed by our past.  Ya, we are.  And some of our past is yet to come!

How did he loose all that weight?  A friend of mine is going through a tough family situation with one of their children (i.e. it's on going).  He told me that he's not on a diet to loose weight but is on a stress diet.  He has lost weight 'cause of the stress that this situation is causing.  Not good.  Stress can do that to a person folks.

A gal I play pickle ball with told me she was the primary care giver of her husband who eventually died of cancer.  During this time she become concerned about herself as her mind was doing some strange things.  She went to the doctor and the doctor asked her how she sleeps--terrible, I don't sleep much at all.  She got some help with her sleeping and the she was a lot better.  Stress!  It can really affect a person.

At a dinner party with friends Sunday evening, we talked about Roundup being the "magic bullet" as far as killing weeds.  But my friends a.k.a my expert sources, told me that some weeds have genetic mutated and are now resistant to Roundup.  Those dirty stinking weeds!  Aren't they something else.  Maybe we need to mutate and change.  You think soooo?  I don't need to be very smart when I have expert sources like that.  Besides, I'm lazy; I let them do the work for me!  Such is life.

Everyone has stress but different folks seem to mange it differently!  I thought of this as I was doing my everyotherday2.5mile run.  Some folks use alcohol, sleep, sitonthecoucheatchipsandwatchTV, drugs, food, shopping, turn to God, or read.  I think exercise is really good for stress.  Also, helping others (i.e. get your mind off yourself).  Being active seems to be good toooooo.  CadillacJack says--We all have choices and choices have consequences!  When I got home, I walked past the TV.  I heard one sentence and it was--You need to drink more water and exercise more.  It was some doctor who said that to someone!  Huh, interesting!

GeorgeTheCrook says--I wish I had a magic wan (i.e. abracadabra).  I would really change a thing or two.  If you were God, GeorgeTheCrook, what would you change?  I think you would make a mess out of everything.  You are just a human and have very little wisdom compared to God.  And, I think you would sell out to big money at some point.  You might start out thinking you wouldn't but I know you, you would.  You are all about money, power, and fame (i.e. the world's measuring stick). I see how you operate!  Yes I do.

I like the following that I read in the book, UN lost by Michael Hidalgo.  Our daughter gave me the book for Fathers Day.  She works with the author's wife.  This makes me smile.  Maybe you too.  "Nothing lasts forever.  Most of the time we want to pretend this is not true.  This is why men and women spend billions of dollars every year on cosmetic surgery to make their faces tighter, their figures trimmer, certain things smaller and other things bigger.  Try as they might, they're still just polishing brass on a sinking ship.  Eventually, everything cracks, breaks, gets old, wears out and gets thrown away.  This is even more apparent with the best parts of life.  The better something is, the quicker it seems to end--which is why middle school seems like an eternity and summer always flies by."  I have said maybe a hundred times already--I love summer in Iowa!  Even when it rains toooooo much some times.

Talk about tooooo much rain.  Saturday question--If you live in a flood plain, will you experience flooding?  Of course you will, that is why it's called a flood plain.  It isn't if, it's when.  Sooooo don't be surprised folks if your house is flooded if you live in a food plain.  It might look nice the day you bought it on a nice summer day 10 years about but...you are in a flood plain.  That is pretty much the same with life as well.  If you live you are going to have speed bumps.  It isn't if but it's when.  Such is life.

Howdotheydothat!  JoeBlow says--It seems to just come naturally.  Naturally?  Yes, naturally.  Some folks can do something and they seem to be just natural at it and others, well, they seem to be putting something square in a round hole (i.e. not natural no matter how hard they try).  Some are very mechanical in their approach and some are just as smooth as silk without trying.  Why is that?  Some just slide through something like a greased pig and others grid and screech and it's just awful (i.e. become overbearing in trying--make things worse).  ItchieBitchie says--If you aren't a natural, it's hard to become one; if you aren't convincing, it's hard to confidence someone!  It's hard to inspire someone when the folks doing the  inspiring aren't inspiring! Ouchy ouchy!  

He did it by rationalizing!  LuckieEddie says--Rationalizing is a great way of appeasing a person's mind (e.g. golf and fishing are perfect things to do on Sunday mornings 'cause you spend more time praying than you would at church).  Rationalizing is a perfect way of telling yourself that you need another new purse 'cause "everyone else" has 10 purses.  Besides, it's only money anyway.  Sooo how do you get good at rationalizing anyway?  MissPerfect says--Ya gotta practice; practice makes perfect!  Practice practice practice!  Such is life.


Nonchalant vs chalant!  Saturday question--Do the things you do nonchalant count the same as the things you do chalant?  Really it seems sometimes when a guy does things nonchalantly they work out better than when a guy does things chalant.  Maybe when we try soooooo hard to make something happen, we put tooooo much pressure on ourselves.  I don't know.  What do you think?  Some folks are always excited and nervous and some seem never toooo be.  I ask a super senior at church -- how are you?  I have done this for years.  Her response never wavers--She says nonchantly--What ever! 


How did he do that?  He just went and did it!  Some folks talk a lot but get nutten done. And some folks just do it.  Some folks get more done in a hour than others do in a month. Some folks are sooooo busy doing nutten (i.e. and are really good at it).  It appears that some jobs require folks to look busy as this is the environment of the job or business.  Some folks seem like they are just killing time.  And the next person is in a job where they have to work hard every minute of their day.  Quite a contrast it appears.  Some folks make themselves look really important but really aren't.  They really have to work at that. Some are really good at that and they will tell you how important they are.  They spend more time telling than doing!  Such is life.  My Daddy, Chester, would say to me--The folks who are fun to be around are the important folks who don't know it.  The folks who aren't very much fun to around are the ones who think they are important but really aren't.  

Just put you head down and do it!  I went for a run one morning this week.  It was a lot easier running down hill with the wind than on the way back when I had to run up hill into the wind.  I just had to put my head down (i.e. lessen the resistance and do it).  I stopped to talk to our neighbor (i.e. she is maybe late 20s, married and they have a toddler).  She is a runner toooooo.  I asked her if she misses her mom (i.e. her mom died about 10 years ago).  She said she does all the time.  I told her about the running into the wind this morning.  She said she ran this morning toooo and knew what I was talking about.  We agreed that is what we need to do--put our head down and go forward.  She did say--I believe in Jesus which makes it a lot easier!  Huh, interesting.  

Was golfing with three other seniors this week when this lad comes up to us on the tee.  I asked him if he would like to golf with us--sure would he says--non of us knew him nor did he know us.  Found out he was 14.  After a couple of holes, I noticed he had huge massive feet.  Soooo what size are your shoes anyway I asked--12s.  Then Frank (i.e. anybody can be a Frank) says--He has a "good understanding"!  

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Conscience is the nest in which goodness is hatched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment