September 20, 2014

goin' ever which a way


Well, snookums, I'm going  to speak my mind as I have nutten to lose.  You guys can talk about that between yourselves but leave me out of it!  Let's chew the fat!  

ItchieBitchie says to his friend Joesixpack--I think I understand you to some extent. The fact that you take the time to sit down and reflect on God’s Word says a great deal about you. Now your wife, CrazyWilma, that's another story! Such is life.  

Strong head wind! WildWillie says--I can go ever which a way but something I'm really consistently good at is "misunderstanding"!  Aaaaaahhhhhh!  WildWillie, you act and think like you're the biggest banana in the bunch but...you look bemused most of the time!  Are you that way or do you just look that way?  Just hang in there WildWillie, life is a long row to hoe! Life can go ever which a way.  I remember a few years ago we went canoeing with friends on the Cedar River.  We had a strong head wind.  Our friends had a hard time keeping their canoe straight (i.e. were going ever which a way).  I think they had words.  Arlene and I just laughed and still laugh with them/at them.  Good memories!

MissPerfect knows how to 'weird LuckieEddie up'!  Makes him go ever which a way! Sometimes a guy has to accept and adjust.  There is no other choice. A friend told me he turned 80 recently.  He said--I have no idea where all those years went.  Bingo, they're gone.  They've gone ever which a way!  Joesixpack says--Folks just fade into the sunset. It just happens.  Happens to everyone. I read somewhere--Life is like a vapor, a mist--here today and gone tomorrow.  I think we all need to appreciate today (i.e. maximize our time to the fullest)!  Sooooo throw those chips away and get your butt off the couch folks! What do you think?

Zig zag!  Have you ever been amazed?  I mean "fall off the stool" amazed?  I have that experience sometimes (e.g. some folks just do that to me--both in good ways and bad ways).  Has God ever dazzled you?  Have you ever done something for someone that just dazzled them (i.e. made them giddy, overwhelmed)?  I had just that experience by doing a small act of kindness to someone.  It wasn't that spectacular but to them it was.  And listen folks, I don't amaze many folks!  Happenstance, na, I don't think sooooo!  Cadillac Jack says--One small act of kindness might be one huge massive good feeling for another!

Visualize it!  Joesixpack says--Ya got to visualize things and then act that way.  If you second guess yourself, well, it just ain't going to work (i.e. can't go ever which a way).  Ya gotta have 100% commitment to what you are doing.  That makes you much more "mentally strong".  LuckieEddie says--What you think is what you'll be.  Ya gotta be positive.  Even when things are not going your way, there is always something positive in it.  Suck it up cupcake and let's get going!  Saturday question--Do you think about more positive stuff or negative stuff?

Ya gotta go ever which a way to be politically correct folks! I golfed with a buddy recently.  He reminded me about our conversation about a year ago when I suggested he loose some weight.  He has lost 22 pounds and really looks great.  He said he was telling a female friend about me suggesting he loose some weight.  She thought I was a real jerk; who would every suggest that is not a nice guy!  Soooo he asked her--do females ever suggest to each other that they would look better if they lost some weight?  She said--Are you kidding me!  Women would never say that to one another (i.e. at least not to their face).  If a woman would do that, we would consider that woman a real.... GerogeTheCrook says--erv, you have to learn how to talk to woman (e.g. be politically right).  You never call a spade a spade.  I can tell you aren't very good with women erv!  

Her emotions still go ever which a way.  I attended the funeral of my cousin's wife in Roseland, MN this last week (i.e. I was raised on a farm a mile and a fourth south of Roseland).  I met for the first time, sorta kinda some relation (i.e. my cousin's daughter-in-law).  I was standing in the lunch line and she was there sooooo I introduced myself.  After some chit chat, I asked her how long it has been since her husband passed away--9 and a half years (i.e. she is 55 now and is very attractive mentally and physically)--soooo I bet you have a lot of guys hitting on you--I have talked to many guys and dated some but have not met Mr. Perfect yet; it's frustrating; I pray and try to make it happen but it just doesn't--it will; it will just fall in your lap; I will pray for you.  She told me that folks don't know how hard it is to be a widow; they say they do but they really don't; my emotions are still crazy at time (i.e. go ever which a way).
When we got done visiting, Warren (i.e. anybody can be a Warren) came up to me and told me that they still think of me; I want to show you something.  He took me to a case in the entrance way and showed me this picture.  Folks, this was 50 years ago when our church won the softball league in Willlmar.  It really made me laugh.  Roseland Reformed Church, the church I was raised in, is doing well partially 'cause our Uncle Walt gave the church a million dollars maybe 15 years ago--BINGO! It is a nice facility.  Sherrie (i.e. anybody can be a Sherrie) told me that their new pastor has been there a year and a half and has done 11 funerals.  So what does that tell ya folks (i.e. maybe the water is bad--Ron, the mayor of Roseland and water checker, will you check on that!).  One more thing, my cousin's daughter-in-law said--I live an active life style but most of the guys don't (i.e. have spent tooooo much time on the couch eating chips--I don't think she finds them very attractive).  Such is life.  

In life we can go ever which a way but...!  DrDavid (i.e. everyone listens to ya if you are a doctor)--If we don't take inventory every once in a while and give thanks to God for the great things He has done for us, we get totally out of perspective. I read this while eating my oatmeal with half a banana on it--Consider how you feel when you're in a relationship with a person -- spouse, friend, coworker, boss -- who has never been untrue in word or deed. The longer that person goes without betraying your trust, the higher your confidence soars. But should something untrue be said or done, your confidence crashes. It can take a long time to restore trust. We serve a God who has never been untrue in word or deed. In fact, Jesus called Himself  "the truth".  There is no goin' ever which a way there folks.  


Can I trust you ItchieBitchie?  I think soooooo! What do you mean, I think soooooo ItchieBitchie!  I don't want a "I think soooooo", I want a yes or no!  ItchieBitchie goes ever which a way.  Okay then, you gotta be creative to sell cars.  I read in the paper, soooo it must be right, that 24.9% of all new car loans are 73 to 84 months.  Wow that is a long time.  I would guess that means that most folks will ever get their cars paid for.  85% of new cars are financed with 22.2%  of the the loans are subprime.  Ouchy ouchy!  Ya gotta sell cars soooo ya gotta do whatever the industry has toooooo (i.e. industry saver).  I have several friends and acquaintances that have a lot of money but usually don't buy new cars and drive theirs forever it seems.  One friend has 325,000 miles on Highlander.  Maybe that is why this guy is rich.  A friend in the financial business told me--The naked truth is that you always can't tell rich folks by their cars, many aren't paid for.  My daddy, Chester, taught me to never borrow money for a car, never.  Save your money and then buy a car.  Sooooooo I have never borrowed money on a car.  He would be proud of me--maybe!!!!  I had a friend tell me recently that once he gets financially comfortable, his live will be much more enjoyable.   Does that make sense to you? 

In Advanced Improvement Group last Sunday we talked about pride.  Randy (i.e. anybody can be a Randy), our facilitator, started out wanting us to tell the group of something we are proud of.  It reminded me of an experience with Bill (i.e. Bill is a makeup name to protect the real person).  Maybe 10 years ago I asked Bill to tell me something about him that he is proud about that no one else knows about (i.e. you have to have a good friend who you can trust to tell something like that tooo as some think you are bragging).  He told me he has never told this to anyone, not even his wife, as he didn't want them to think he was bragging (i.e. seeee!). This guy is a good man folks!  ANYWAY here is what he told me: Bill was in a fox hole in battle during WW II.  One half of his group would retreat behind gunfire to eat and then the other half would go when they were done.  His group was the last group and he was the last GI.  They came upon sniper fire and were pinned down.  They were taught to run, fall, roll, get up, and run again (i.e. goin' ever which a way).  Another GI fall and froze.  Bill fell by him and talked to him that he had to get up or they were both going to get killed.  He convinced him and they made it.  He saved the guy's life probably.  



JoeBlow says--I hear many voices and they all want something.  How do I discern which one I should listen toooooo?  Lord, help me to sift through the many voices that I hear; so that I will hear your voice unmistakably clear (i.e. soooooo I don't go ever which a way). Amen. JoeBlow, wouldn't it be nice if a talking donkey or a talking burning bush would make everything clear to us?  

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Itching for what you want doesn't do much good.  You've got to scratch for it.

TipOfTheDay--In church last Sunday, I sat behind a young couple who are expecting their first child.  I asked them if they wanted to know the sex of their baby.  He looked at his wife and said, we do, she is such a planner.  He said that she has lists all over the place.  She asked me if I do lists.  I sure do.  Her husband asked me--erv, do you put on your lists things that you already have done?  No!  She does.  Why do you do that?  It makes me feel good!  That will do it folks.  Try it!  A friend told me that Abraham Lincoln once said--It's not a plain unless you write it down.  Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment