December 20, 2014

jingle jingle


Are you a goobler? Maybe the greatest gift is a friend, I mean a friend who is real.  Not the fakey type like DuaneTheWorm who only thinks about himself.  Be what you is Not what you ain't Cause when you is what you ain't You ain't what you is.  WorldClassLarry says—A friend does what is right rather than what is popular with their peer group. A good friend is jingle jingle. MissPerfect, you are a big question. When all the chickens come home to roost, it’s a coin flip as to how you will react!  Ouchy ouchy! 

Jingle jingle! A good friend gives you the opportunity a.k.a. gift to talk without talking about themselves (i.e. tooting their own horn or "one uping" ya).  I have learned that.  Folks need an opportunity to express themselves.  Good friends build you up and not tear you down.  Even when things aren't going well (i.e. especially when things aren’t going well).  Jingle jingle!

Jingle jangle! What in the world!  Maybe many will never truly understand Christmas as Christians do.  Why? Because they look for an explanation "in the world" and it's not "in the world”. Jingle jingle! Could be! The world's secular capitalistic systems doesn’t always agree with Christians’ meaning and feelings (i.e. can be a conflict here even in the minds of Christians). Why? Christmas is not about money or violence or sex or gutter sensationalism or bad news (i.e. our worldly daily news diet).  Christmas is maybe not of the world.  It's not jingle jangle. It’s about the Good News folks.  What in the world! Ya, that belief is maybe “out of this world” for many.  It’s foreign and crazy to many.  For many, it’s all about the money folks. Jingle jangle!

Einstein once said--Before God we are all equally wise---and equally foolish.

Jingle jingle! A young child said to me recently (i.e. said it out of the blue)—My daddy doesn’t believe in God.  I waited for a short time and asked this young child—Do you believe in God? Yes I do. 


Have you ever been lost (i.e. like should I go right or left)?  Or maybe should I believe in the this Baby Jesus at Christmas or not?  CharlieTheBagpiper says--I play many gigs.  Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man.  He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the back country.  As I was not familiar with the back woods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions.  I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight.  There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.  I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late.  I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place.  I didn't know what else to do, so I starred to play.  The workers put down their lunches an began to gather around.  I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends.  I played like I've never played before for this homeless man.  And as I played "Amazing Grace", the workers began to weep.  They wept, I wept, we all wept together.  When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car.  Though my head was hung low, my heart was full.  As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers says, "I've  never seen anything like that before, and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."  Apparently, I'm lost.........it's a man thing.

I went to get a gallon of reverse osmosis water (i.e. 25 cents).  I think the coffee tastes better (i.e. maybe it just in my head but soooo what if it makes me happy).  It was about 7 in the morning and the sun was coming up.  Just beautiful.  I walked the last few blocks back to our house with a gal.  She told me that she gets up at 4:30 every morning.  I told her she didn't have to do that, you're retired.  She said she has done that all her life.  She is 80 and was from Holland, MI but now lives with her kids here in the Fountain of the Sun.  She told me that she has raised 8 kids.  Was pregnant with #8 when her husband left her.  It was hard with no child support from him.  Soooo how did you do it?  What do you think--welfare.  I asked her--are you a God fearing person.  I sure am.  I would have never got through life without God.  

"Memory is deceptive, colored by today's events," Albet Einstein once observed. A OneSmartPerson told me once—Eye witnesses are not accurate.  You can have 5 eye witnesses and they might all have seen different things.  It’s very common. A video is much more valid.  Eye witnesses sometimes make up stuff that isn’t even right (i.e. for many different reasons).  I read in the paper soooo it must be right—Some witnesses said Michael Brown had been shot in the back.  Another said he was facedown on the ground when Office Darren Wilson “finished him off.”  Still others acknowledged changing their stories to fit published details about the autopsy or admitted that they did not see the shooting at all…some statements made were inconsistent, fabricated or probably wrong.  Soooo what account of Christmas do you believe? The jingle jingle or the jingle jangle?

In the hot tub the other night, I met Ed and Gene.  The are adamant equestrians.  They ride like 4 days a week.  I found out that Gene was from up state NY and HonestHorseTraderEd was from IA.  Found out that Ed is from Hampton (i.e. about 35 miles from my home town of Aplington).  Sooooo they invited me to go horse back riding with them up in 'em 'er mountains.  They say they have a horse for me to ride.  His name is Killer!  

Saturday question—Will your Christmas be a jingle jingle or a crucible? I hope Christmas encourages you to don a Stetson and do a do-si-do with someone! I read in the paper (i.e. soooo it must be right) that gooblers are folks who know their neighbors need help and don’t do anything about it.  Ouchy ouchy! BigHeartedJudy says--Most gooblers die like a lot of old wild west gun slingers—face down in the dirt!

Christmas is simply remarkable or is Christmas remarkably simple? I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it--We can’t comprehend the evil and calamity in the world. Tragedies deeply upset and depress us, but they also represent a poignant reminder. Take every opportunity to cherish your loved ones. If you’re peeved with a family member, forgive them. If you’ve neglected them, give them a call. If you’ve rebelled against your dad or mom, go home with the humble attitude of a repentant prodigal. If you’ve been tense with your kids, give them an extra hug. If you live far away, work harder to stay in touch. Whatever it takes, take care of your family as well as you can. It’s at the core of God’s plan and provision for the world. 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you  have other plans. (-:

Merry Christmas to all our family, friends and acquaintances. We are very appreciative of our relationships with you.  Very!  May God bless you all.  Even those of you who don't believe in Jesus as your Savior.  God still loves you. Yes He does.

erv and Arlene

MyFriendJean says--Life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment