July 11, 2015

all inclusive

Yowza!  A golf buddy said--Why let facts ruin a good story!  Such is life.

Hey Schnauzers! I just like that word.  There is something about that word that makes me smile (i.e. I think it's fun to say, especially if you say it several times really fast).  I’m not saying you are Schnauzers but there are Schnauzers all right.  They get their name form their snouts. Some of you have pretty good snouts, oh ya you do!  But not as big as some of your cabooses! ANYWAY Warning: This “It’s Saturday” might be confusing, even slippery!  It might not be all inclusive.  Not carte blanche!  It’s not like a blank cheque!  It’s not à la carte!  It might be more a table d'hôte.  Just warning ya before hand. 

Warnings! There are warnings all over for us to heed.  We always don’t.  We warn our young kids, we warn our older parents, we warn society, we warn we warn and we warn.  Many times we don’t heed the warnings now do we.  Yet, it’s good to be warned.  I think!  But I don’t know.  Maybe it’s just a waste of time.  What do you think?  Joesixpack says—“Warning:  I forgive but I get even!” 


All you can eat!  It’s all inclusive.  My mentor would say—erv, you see a lot of big folks a.k.a. eating machines at smorgasbords and not toooo many little folks there.  Have you ever gone to a party or some function where the food and drink is free and unlimited?  Folks seem to eat and drink more when it’s free and unlimited.  Some folks can really put it away.  MrBigGuy says--Nothing like free to get your mouth back on track! Have you ever gone on a cruse.  I think the average weight gain is about 12 pounds.  Really.  Every kind of food (i.e. all inclusive) available at all times of the day—all you can eat (i.e. free).  MissPerfect says--Folks like free stuff alright.  Want to get their money’s worth I guess.  Such is life. 

WorldClassLarry says--If you can have all you can eat and all you can drink for some time, it gets boring and loses it’s appeal.  It’s not a treat anymore (i.e. at least for many). My friend Bugsy sang in a quartet in his college days.  A song they sang was--After you have been having steak for a long time, beans beans taste fine. 

History lesson—It is believed that the population at the time of Christ was between 100 million to 300 million with the lower number preferred.  Soooo I will use 150 million.  5,000 were thought of believers of Christ.  That is .00003333 of the population.  Now the world population is about 7.2 billion with about .33 say they are Christians. The other .66 are of a different religion or have no religion at all (i.e. other that watching Monday night NFL football religiously). Some denominations of some religions try to make themselves "all inclusive" to increase in number.  I don't know if it works or not.  What do you think?

Among those 5,000 believers, it was thought there were three types. The largest number of believers were those who came to Jesus for salvation. They served Him little beyond coming to Him to receive salvation. A much smaller number, say 500, actually followed Him and served Him. Then, there were the disciples. These were those who identified with Jesus. If you had to say which group best represented your life, which one would you fall into if you consider yourself a Christian?  And there are many folks who don’t believe in Jesus.  They just think it’s foolish.  And there are some who are sooooo against even talking about it that they just flip folks the bird.  The use of the middle finger as an obscene gesture is very old. It goes back to ancient Greece. In "The Cloud" one of the characters gives Socrates the finger, to which he replies, "You are a crude buffoon." "Flipping the bird," comes from the 1860 slang expression "give the big bird." That meant to hiss like a goose, such as an audience hissing at a bad actor.  The world population is not “all inclusive” in their thinking about anything folks.  Such is life. 


Schnauzer! Schnauzer! Schnauzer!  I hit a snipe hook into the crap (i.e. long festus grass) last Saturday. It would have taken more than a career shot for me to get it out.  Even Jordan Spieth could not have made that shot.  But I had the bright idea that I could. What! I need Micheal Greller for my caddy! After 5 more hits I was out of the crap alright (i.e. nutten to it) taking a 10 on the hole (i.e. no problem).  It really made me laugh. A good lesson for BigStupeErv.  My golf score isn't that important to me as to ruin a good time on the golf course with my buddies.  And that great lesson only cost me $1.25 (i.e. our foursome bet).  I really had a fun time.  I learned sooooo much on the golf course last Saturday (i.e. dinosaur large stuff).  Unbelievable! And it only cost me $1.25!  What a bargain.  I really caught a break (i.e. just fell into my lap). And I always thought you guys caught all the breaks. That's the skinny folks! Such is life.,

All homogeneous? Maybe not but...!  The tech industry really understands that the future of the industry a.k.a. $$$  means they have to be more inclusive—the world is big. There are many different folks from many different countries with many different ideas but they all have one thing in common--$$$$$ to spend on the best electronic stuff.  It's all about the money folks.  Don't kid yourself.  What ever it takes to get it the tech companies will do it.  LuckieEddie says--It sounds good and it will probably work.  Ya just gotta play the game what ever it is and what ever it takes.  Ya gotta be all inclusive!  Such is life in the tech world. Did you know that America's population is only 8.5% of the world's population.  That amazes me. Yowza!

Holy Schnauzer!  My neighbor was working in his yard when he was startled by a late model car that came crashing through his hedge and ended up in his front lawn. He rushed to help an elderly lady driver out of the car and sat her down on a lawn chair. He said with excitement, "You appear quite elderly to be driving." "Well, yes, I am," she replied proudly. "I'll be 97 next month, and I am now old enough, that I don't even need a driver's license anymore." He asked "How do you know?" "The last time I went to my doctor, he examined me and asked if I had a driver's license. I told him, yes and handed it to him." He took scissors out of the drawer, cut the license into pieces, and threw them in the waste basket, saying, 'You won't need this anymore.' So I thanked him and left! Holy Schnauzer!

Huckabee: Country's moral compass 'on verge of collapse'!  It appears he thinks America is trying to be all inclusive (i.e. be everything to everyone).  It appears Huckabee thinks America is a boat full of holes in it's hull!  Maybe we folks aren't sooo the United States of America.  Could be.  Do you believe America's moral compass is on the verge of collapse?  

TheBigEasy sits in his easy chair making easy money and taking it easy and thinks everyone’s life is easy too.  It ain’t.  I wish I could rub some emotional salve on some wounds of some folks.  They need it (i.e. a quick, efficient, effective fix).  When a kid living on the farm a mile and fourth south of Roseland, MN, we would use Watkins Black Salve on any problem. If it was for our sores or our animal sores, it didn't matter.  It was almost regarded as a miracle salve (i.e. all inclusive).  The filler valve in one of our bathroom stools didn't work.  I took the piece off and took to our local plumbing shop. The gal told me that I would have to buy the whole valve unit as I couldn't buy just the part.  She said I should try to soak it in vinegar.  She said they use vinegar for everything; sores, fungus, cleaning etc.  It really works.  Sorta kinda like the Watkins Black Salve.  I was telling my golf buddy a.k.a. DownTheMiddleRon about this.  He said--we just replace the whole filler valve in our rental units as we don't want to have to come back (i.e. I listened and what I really heard him say was--BigStupeErv come on, just replace it).  Sooo I applied the wisdom of DownTheMiddleRon and replaced it.  Woot!

Whole picture! CadillacJack says--It is really hard to see the whole picture from my hammock.  It’s like looking at life using the mirrors of my car.  The driver's side mirror is planar — flat. This means you get a direct reflection of what you're looking at. The passenger side mirror is convex. It's like the back of a spoon.  A convex mirror makes stuff look smaller but also gives you a much larger field of vision. That's why your passenger side mirror has that "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear'' warning on it.  Then you have the rear view mirror that has blind spots.  Then we have the mirror in that bathroom which surely doesn’t tell the truth (i.e. it's a lying mirror). Such is life. 

FacebookAllIncllusive!  SocialBetty says--Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles. Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before, and what I will do tomorrow. Then, I give them pictures of my family, my dog, me gardening, and spending time in my pool. I also listen to their conversations, and I tell them I love them. And, it works. I already have three persons following me ... two police officers and a psychiatrist.

Heads I win, tales you loose!  LetsSettleTheMatterFrank says--We discussed it. My friend had one desire; I had a different one. "Okay, let's settle the issue the way the early Church settled matters when an agreement could not be achieved. Let's flip a coin." "You must be joking!" my friend lamented. "No, the early Church cast lots often to determine a course of direction or even select the disciple who would take Judas' place." "Okay," my friend agreed. We flipped the coin and the matter was quickly settled.  Sometimes on Wednesday after golf, we flip to see who is going to pay for the beverages.  A golf buddy told us that he and a couple of friends would meet at the elevator (i.e. that is grain elevator for you JohnTheCitySlicker--remember that John) for coffee each morning.  They would flip for the cost of the cookies (i.e. odd man buys).  He and one of the friends would shake the coin in their hands but really just holding it.  They determined what they would have (i.e. shenanigans).  The other friend would, of course, always loose.  Finally one day, another farmer couldn't handle it any more and told their other friend a.k.a. sucker what they were doing to him.  Just a lot of fun for the cost of a few cookies.  

OpposeDaisy!  Our old (i.e. old in past) neighbors use to have a Schnauzer named Daisy.  They taught Daisy to ring the bell they had on the patio door when she wanted to go out.  Smart dog! I read in the paper soooo it must be right that daily walks are a must for keeping dogs mentally healthy (i.e. really, seriously)! Ok, do I have this right--folks walk their dog as they worry about the dog's metal health?  That might make me wonder if it might be good for humans to walk for their mental health.  What do you think?  MissPerfect says--I think erv, you are just ranting and raving!  Could be MissPerfect but their is trending evidence that folks seem to be more worried about their dogs than themselves.

Lucky!  A friend and her dog Lucky I see at the golf course some.  My friend drives the cart and makes Lucky run (i.e. they do it at least twice a day).  She got Lucky at the dog shelter.  Lucky only has three good legs.  One of Lucky's legs is broken at the hip.  I asked her why she took Lucky.  Lucky needed a chance much like I do.  My friend and Lucky are both tough and gritty and exercise every day.  Bingo!

Schnauzer!  That's all she wrote!  Yowza!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFreindJean says--There is nothing permanent but change.


No comments:

Post a Comment