August 25, 2018

mememe


If that saying is correct, you are the reason why I am as I am (i.e. is that good or bad).  Well, I really like you folks (i.e. you have good hearts and are real folks; my kind of folks).  Most of the time you folks are not mememe folks (i.e. but you are human).  What more do I need to say. 

As C. S. Lewis observed, “All that is not eternal is eternally useless.”  I sometimes realize that me, who is sometimes mememe, is not eternal on this earth, soooo, suck it up ervie and figure it out. 

WorldClassLarry says--We as humans are pretty much consumers a.k.a. users most of the time (i.e. how will it affect me or how does it feel for me).  You really think soooo WorldClassLarry? Yes I do; many times it’s all about mememe!  Don’t kid yourself ervie!

Mememe turned into ususus for a family’s action that I have seen recently.  I got the feeling that many folks don’t much care for families to be soooo ususus.  But, I might be wrong as many folks appear they like the “total effect of social media” etc. (i.e. some folks like it more than others it appears). NorthoftownS.S. says that toooo much of ususus isn’t accepted sooooo well from some folks. She says--moderation folks, moderation—it’s much more palatable). But I don’t think this family feels this way.  They sure pour it on! It appears that much of ususus in a family continues to the next generation for the most part (i.e. they like to keep the “onion smell effect” going).  Egos are huge massive for many folks and many families.  Such is life.

I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it--As you strive to reach the goals that God has given you (i.e. not a person’s mememe goals), it’s important to remember that life on Earth is just a temporary assignment. Knowing this truth should radically alter your values and fix your attention on the things that are eternally important (i.e. it’s not about mememe or ususus). It is a fatal mistake to assume that God’s goal for your life is material prosperity or popular success as the world defines it. The abundant life has nothing to do with material abundance. Faithfulness to God does not guarantee success in a career or even in ministry. Never focus on temporary crowns. “For we fix our attention, not on things that are seen, but on things that are unseen. What can be seen lasts only for a time, but what cannot be seen lasts forever” (2 Corinthians 4:18 GNT).

When our family recently got together, well, we had a blast (i.e. good memories and experiences were made).  We also celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary a little (i.e. Arlene struggles with all the details and past events but does still have emotions, especially when folks are nice to her).  She cried because our family was soooo nice to her and some of you folks were tooooo (i.e. there are nice folks in this world, yes there are).  ANYWAY, she was over stimulated a.k.a. overdosed (i.e. that doesn’t work for someone with Alzheimer’s very well). She had a confusing Sunday night (i.e. and a few days after).  I had my alarm set for 6 Monday morning to play pickleball, but I didn’t go; I didn’t want to leave Arlene. No big deal; it is what it is.  You other caregivers understand that—our lives are not about mememe but about ArleneArleneArlene.  You folks who are not caregivers might not understand that.  I hope you never have to learn that. Such is life.

I thought about this while jogging the other morning.  My perception of another person or family who I think are mememe or ususus, has a lot to do with my attitude and maybe even because I am at a particular time in my life.  Sometimes my ego is different than other times and sometimes I’m much humbler and sometimes much more mememe.  Sooooo how I perceive others is affected by me, to some degree maybe. BUT IN GENERAL, I’m not much different that 75% of the folks I think.  Ok, maybe 68%!  I forgot about some of you! ha ha  For myself and only myself (i.e. mememe), I don’t care to be around folks who are constantly mememe or ususus folks.  I will take a detour. Maybe I am sardonic. And I could be.  CadillacJack says--The world seems to like mememe and ususus folks (i.e. it appears that way but maybe not really). Do you really think soooo CadillacJack?  I think I have seen changes in folks through the years. Yes, I think I have.  I think some have changed their thinking about mememe and ususus.  Why, I don’t know for sure. But I think they have changed; I think it’s noticeable.  Some more than others but there is some change.  And maybe it’s just my opinion or I saw them on their good day! ha ha

I really have fun and enjoy many of you folks.  Some of you really make me laugh and feel good.  One special foursome I have played in a couple of time this summer are really something (i.e. good guys with good hearts and friends).  We have played twice.  We have a little 2-team competition.  The first time we played, we tied. The other day, my partner and I beat them by one hickey.  The text bantering went like this--Not sure I am remembering this correctly..... but I think we are up on u guys over our lifetime--But our lifetime isn't over yet.....enjoy these few brief moments while you can--I still think BoomerBomb used toooo much club on the last hole!-- You owe a guy a quarter and he gets full of himself--I appreciate that .. being full of myself is better than what most people think I am full of!!!

I was having a tuna sandwich for lunch the other day.  The tuna taste and smell seemed exceptionally strong, like over bearing.  Maybe the tuna had tooooo much mememe or ususus in the can.  Could be.  The strong smell reminded me of this story of my past.  I was with my Daddy, Chester, at the Roseland Grain Elevator when I was a lad.  There were several guys in there probably talking about the price of corn (i.e. somethings never change) when this gal came in.  It got really quiet until she left.  Then the conversation turned to about her.  One of the guys said—she smelt like a whore house (i.e. she had on a lot of perfume on).  Maybe he knew what a whore house smelt like; it was maybe 1955 and maybe most of these guys were WWII vets and traveled through Honolulu while in the service.  Prostitution was very popular with the military and the local authorities over looked policing the legality of it (i.e. all about the money that bribed them).  There were long lines—big money was made.  Our tour guide told us once--A gal could make like $30,000 when the normal salary was maybe $2,000 to $3,000.  The soldiers paid $3 for 3 minutes (i.e. you do the math).  Soooo the next time you eat tuna, think of that! 

I was sitting in the library the other day reading the Des Moines Register when an acquaintance comes in and sits down and we talked for maybe for half an hour (i.e. he did most of the talking; I just said ha huh a few times).  We have a unique relationship that was formed 10 years ago as I had an opportunity to be part of his life in a small way because of a disaster.  We really have never talked about it and probably never will (i.e. that is just the way it is supposed to be I think).  I would consider him a common person with a very good heart. He is my age and is rather a unique person.  ANYWAY, his wife passed this last year; he was her 24/7care giver for 19 years. Wow! Yes, wow!  He shared his guts to me.  Why, I have no idea, but it was really good.  It was not about mememe, it was about being a good person to others that he is (i.e. he is very kind hearted).  He is a believer and almost died a couple of times this last year.  That death thing seems to affect our thinking.  Oh ya!  Mememe isn’t as important; it puts things in perspective alright.  Such is life.

We had a friend give us some tomatoes.  They really looked good and tasted even better than they looked.  Now that is a real deal.  She is the same—nice but nicer than she even looks and acts.  I think there is a saying that goes something like this—Under promise but over produce.  It’s something like that anyway.  GeorgeTheCrooks says—You mean less mememe and more youyouyou!  Ok, it’s something like that GeorgeTheCrook.  You get what I’m trying to say (i.e. that is if you want tooooo get it).

I went for a bike ride on the black top north of town recently.  I noticed they recently put tar in the cracks.  You ask why do they do that.  Well, it’s to prevent water to get in the cracks, freezing and expanding, and then damaging the road (i.e. called preventive maintenance).  Sooooo I started thinking, why more folks don’t do preventative maintenance on mememe both physically and mentally?  It probably lengthens a person’s life and gives them a better quality of life and makes them look a lot better.  Maybe they don’t think it’s worth it to fix the cracks.  Just live life as is until they die.  A friend told me about another friend who has cancer. He said that our mutual friend always took care of himself.  He seems like he did.  He always looked good, was happy and I think had a very quality life.  The aging process does occur to all of us and eventually we all die (i.e. if we like it or not).  Such is life.

This is about mememe!  Yes it is.  A friend says—Summer isn’t summer unless you have BLT sandwiches with the tomato juices, mayonnaise, and bacon grease running down your chin along with some sweet corn with the butter running down your chin (i.e. it doesn’t get much better than this folks). Yummy!  Well, we had them the other night.  Absolutely delicious!  A friend gave me this hint how to make my life easier (i.e. I’m a rookie cook). We put our bacon in the oven on a sheet metal pan with aluminum foil under it for easy cleaning and it's done in about 15 or 20 minutes: it is way simple and no mess. It works folks, it works. I’m all for easy! ha ha  DownthestreetB.J. told me—erv, I cook all the beacon in the oven and then put the beacon we don’t use in the refrigerator and just microwave it for next time we have BLTs; works like a charm.  Bingo!  Sooooo I just learned another beacon tip.  I’m getting way beacon smart (i.e. just smart about beacon though)! 

ItchieBitchie (i.e. who can really hit the curve ball) says—Many opportunities only come once; if you don’t take them, they will never happen again). This might be a little bit about mememe.  I’m not sure (i.e. I hope not but it could be; I don’t want it to be but it could be).  I got a call for an opportunity the other night.  The next morning I got another call for another opportunity (i.e. sorta kinda related but a different opportunity).  Happenstance, na I don’t think soooooo!  It would have been easier for me to say no to both of these opportunities (i.e. believe me) but hey, listen, I pray for opportunities, and I pray that I recognize them and they don’t go over my head and I pray that I have courage to act on them.  Do you understand that?  That is what I thought.  Sooooo the next day I get a call for another opportunity to help someone with a decision.  I told them I would help them to understand their options but will not make the decision for them (i.e. I have some knowledge in this area but can’t and won’t make their decision).  You understand that? That is what I thought.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--The big potatoes are on te top of the pile because there are a lot of little ones holding them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment