January 29, 2011

Stiff Necked

He looked sooooooo stiff necked and old!  Have you ever seen someone who you haven't seen for a long time (i.e. a coons age) and say to yourself, he sure looks old!  Well here in the Valley, there are a lot of folks who wear their name tags with where they are from (i.e. like which park and their home state and sometimes town). I saw a guy the other day who's name looked familiar and he was from MN.  Man did he look old.  No way he was the guy who I went to high school with at good ol' Danube, MN.  In high school this guy was one who all the girls uhhhhhhed and ahhhhhh over.  He looks soooooo old now.  Surely it's not the same guy.  Soooooo I went to him and asked him if he was the same Vern Miller who attended Danube High in the 60s when I did.  He looked at me for a long time and said he did go to Danube High during the 60s.  He looked at me for some more and then said to me----What did you teach!  Ouchy ouchy!

Talk about ol' and stiff necked!  Our neighbors Jim and Karen (i.e. real folks with good hearts--my kind of folks) went with us to church.  We got there a little late and this old guy was playing the piano on the stage.  He was good.  It was a Artist Series and it was The Music and Testimony of a Jew for Jesus"--Sam Rotman Concert Pianist it said in the bulletin.  This guy was good.  He paid classical music (i.e. all from memory).  You might think I'm stiff necked but I like classical piano music).  I thought this guy isn't going to play for a hour (i.e. a bit long for me).  Well he played for a while and then gave his testimony.  His family was from east Europe and except for his parents were all killed by the Nazis.  His parents escaped to America and he was born soon after.  He went to school but after school was sent to the Synagogue and studied the Old Testament and other Jewish stuff for 5 days a week for 8 years.  He was very religious but very immoral and used bad language.  He was deceptive (i.e. faker) but very religious.  ANYWAY he went to the Julliard School of Music and practiced 10 hours a day (i.e. he said not 9 hours and 45 minutes but 10 hours every day).  I practice my putting for 15 minutes each day and think I should be good!  Some of his fellow students were Christian and suggested he read the New Testament, start with John.  He did and was touched like he was never touched before.  He become a moral person and his bad language disappeared.  He was cleaned from the inside out 'cause he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Saviour.  He has done 2,200 concerts in 58 countries and promotes Jesus.  He said that his music is important but Jesus is more important.  Wow!  Sam said he was 62!!!!!  I surely don't look that old, do I?  http://samrotman.com/index.html

OneSmartFrined says--When pie is served, take it!  It might not be served tomorrow folks.  On the bulletin board of Cardiac Rehab at Prairie Heart is this prayer:  Dear God, For 2011 I ask for a big, thick bank account and a slim thin body.  Please keep them straight.  Last year you got them switched around.  Amen  MissPerfect says--God, that''s sooooooo simple that even a stuff necked adult can figure it out. 

Our neighbor Sonney walked over the other afternoon (i.e. Arlene and I were sitting in the front yard late in the afternoon drinking our wine).  He told us that he's a jerk at times.  Oh ya, I can relate to that.  I'm a jerk sometimes.  I don't want to be but I am (i.e. real stiff necked).  I'm reading Psalms Now by Leslie F. Brandt for part of my devotions for 2011.  In Psalm 28 it says--O God, I am crying for help-! This is not a pious exclamation--I meant it!  I'm desperate!  If  You don't listen, I'll go down the drain!...And thus the Lord is the Hope and Salvation of all who trust in Him.  Stay close to those who struggle, O God, never let them go.  I like that.  What do you think? 

The best bumper sticker I have seen in the Valley (i.e. it was on a MN car)--At my age getting lucky is finding my car in the parking lot!  I was coming back from playing pickleball with my childhood friend Dean and his two friends (i.e. really some nice guys).  I saw the best billboard--Dear Nose, I haven't seen you for a while.  Sincerely, Toes (i.e. an ad for Mountain Fitness Center).  It make me laugh!  Joesixpack says--Quit your boos, and hisses!  C'mon folks, don't be sooooooo stiff necked. 

I went to the Ping Factory for their tour with 3 buddies.  Ping had no sign at their plant (i.e. world headquarters); you could hardly find it.  The buildings were original buildings form in the 70s and were just converted over to the factory (i.e. very modest).  We had to ask where the tour was--no directions at all.  It was in a converted office of a lumber yard.  This company doesn't appear stiff necked at all (i.e. my opinion).  Their philosophy was/is--quality.  They handle every club like it's the only one they are making today (i.e. very impressive).   The employees really like working their (i.e. I read this somewhere and I asked maybe 10 employees and they all said they really liked their jobs).  The employees do 4 jobs each day (i.e. switch at breaks).  Ping's quality control is their employees (i.e. they all can do the jobs and know the product very well and watch each other).  Huh, interesting. 

The guys I play golf with on Monday are really something all right.  One guy is GreatGuyKim, age 71.  He loves golf and is a good golfer but probably was much better in his prime.  I asked for his business card--It reads--Kip Pinkerton, Sports Psychiatrist "Specializing in golf related mental disorders"  50 year practice.  And Dave is also a good golfer who loves the game and was probably better in his prime than he is now (i.e. Dave's the guy with the artificial hip that squeaks).  I think both were scratch golfers back then.  ANYWAY Dave says he doesn't give a rats...when doesn't shoot as good score as he would like.  Life is tooooo short.  These guys are not jack wagons but royal flushes (i.e. great to around).  My Wednesday golfin' buddies are something toooooo!  WayneTheCannuck said after missing a 3 foot putt--Ymppin'J'esus!  I said--what's that, I never heard that before--where you been all your life erv (i.e. obviously not in ThunderBay).  KenTheGovernment guy had a bracelet on with some magnets on.  He did some experiments with me and it seemed to help my flexibility and balance.  He says they really work http://www.pureenergyband.com/ Now how can I compete with these guys anyway.  On the 7th tee box we talked about how many times we had to get up and pee during the night.  I think I was the lease with none to one.  I think the most was 3 to 4 but one guy said his wife gets up 10 times.  I learn sooooooo much and I don't have to pay for any of it!  Such is life.

ItchieBitchie was in a bank here in AZ when a robber came in with a mask on and told the teller to fill his bag with money.  One of the customers pulled up his mask and the robber shot him dead.  He then asked if anyone else saw his face?  Everyone shock their heads no.  Then IthcieBitchie said--My wife did!  Ouchy ouchy!

It's either they were tooooo stiff necked or I was toooooo loose necked. I don't know!  I had a group interview to be a volunteer at the Bannor Health. There were maybe 20 folks interviewed at the same time.  I wore my golfing shorts, shirt, cap, and an old pair of tennies that I wore for the Ping tour in the morning.  The other 19 were pretty dressed up (i.e. the guy next to me had on a white shirt and a tie).  ANYWAY after listening to most of them, I realized they all needed this job for one reason or another (i.e. career change, students in college, or change of life plans).  I don't need this job; I just wanted to help someone.  If they don't want me, I'll help someone else.  This attitude could be heard in how different folks answered questions (i.e. I think it was transparent).  MyDaddyChester use to tell me--erv, if you can loose the deal (i.e. don't have to have it), you are a much better negotiator!  Such is life.

The opportunity just fell in my lap!  I most often putt for about 15 minutes late each afternoon at the Fountain of the Sun Country Club.  Soooooooo last Saturday I went to do just that.  I putted a few and noticed that there was a young lady also putting quite close to me.  Young in being about 23 or so (i.e. not stiff necked and old).  I asked her if she wanted to have a putting contest with me--sure--so we putted a couple holes and talked more (i.e. her putting was almost as sweet as she was--SWEET!  She was Kirby Dreher from Cananda who plays on the Future Tournament just blow the LPGA (i.e. just goggle her).  She qualified for the U.S. Open and also the Canadian Open last year.  She's living with her grandma and practicing before the tour of 14 events starts.  Each of those events cost $500 to enter. Soooooo do your parents have a lot of money--no not really--sooooo isn't that hard--yes it is; we travel together and stay in private homes at the events.  Sooooo do you have a sponsor--not really; I would like one; are you rich?--no no!  Sooooo folks if you want an opportunity, here you go.  She is the nicest girl. We putted some more and set up a tee time to play together this last week.  I got a couple of my golf buddies and we all played from the men's tees (i.e. 6,200+).  She whooped us all.  I know she has three fans who will follow her future (i.e. she is a gal who we all want to do well).  Wish you the best Kirby!

JorBlow says--Don't be a usetobe but be a beer!  Remember, to give a warm hug to those close to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart freely.  Say, "I love you" to your loved ones, but most of all mean it. Hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there. Give time to love, time to share the precious thoughts in your mind and remember to forgive no matter how bad the hurt.  Sooooooooo folks, throw those chips away, get your butt of the couch and do it!  Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJeans says--Joy is not in things but in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment