June 25, 2011

Heckler

You might not want to read this "It's Saturday" as you might think I'm heckling you (i.e. shouting disparaging comments--upsetting your life--teasing or torturing or harassing or disrupting your life).

He said he lied to lessen the damage.  He lied saying he knew nutten about it but in fact he knew all about what they were talking about (i.e. sorta kinda lied about it).  A friend on the 5th green admitted he did that the other day.  He was just being transparent and real.  He said it was a good lie.  Saturday question--Is there such a thing as a good lie?  Or is a person just heckling himself.  My Mom., Anna, always told me to tell the truth.  You can never get in trouble telling the truth.  Joesixpack says--Yabut the truth might kill the sale (i.e. cost me some money or lose an account).  The customer is always right (i.e. it's all about the $$$$$$$ folks).  Ya gotta do whatever it takes to make Mr. Customer happy even if you have to lie or agree with him when your really don't.  It's called good business.  You really think soooooooo Joesixpack?  Is this a case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?  Or maybe a case of Heckle and Jackal?  Or am I just heckling?  What do you think?

I read it in the paper so it must be right--Waterloo--Headline--79-year-old arrested for $7 sex offer! Ya don't get much for $7 anymore (i.e. but maybe it was a fair offer). Was he heckling her or was he for real do you think? WildWilly (i.e. age 79) says--I want to know what that guy eats for breakfast! Maybe, just maybe, the conversation went like this--Will you have sex with me for $7--absolutely no, who do you think I am--How about $100--absolutely no, who do you think I am--How about $1,000--absolutely no, who do you think I am--How about $10,000--okay--Now that we found out who you are, we need to negotiate a price! Such is life.

MissPerfect says--I don't want folks to think I'm different so I just muddle in the middle.  I have a strong fear of offending someone so I'll just muddle in the middle (i.e. wishie washie and don't believe in much).  I think it's okay MissPerfect to remove yourself if you are not compatible with some folks who believe that certain stuff is very important to you and not to them (i.e. not just trivia stuff but important stuff).  Hey, we live in America, you can believe basically what ever you want.  Sooooo don't heckle me if I don't agree with your belief and I won't heckle you if you disagree with my belief (i.e. to each their own).  What's important to me might not be important to you.  Can we agree with that.  We will wish each other well and each go our separate ways.  We still can be friends but not agree (i.e. soooooo suck it up cupcake).  That's fine with me.  Soooooo there you go!

I was going to heckle someone a little but decided not toooooooo 'cause of some heavy hittin' advice I got from a smart, nice friend who has a good sense of feelings (i.e a real person with a good heart--my kind of person). The advice was--don’t go too hard on him – Remember what you always told us – “You never know what’s going on in another person’s life”. I needed to be reminded of this.  I bit my tongue!  I get what she was saying.  Ya, I understood all right.  I do some of the orientations of volunteers for Wheaten Franciscan Health Care.  One of the policies what we talk about is the anti-harassment policy.  We talk about being careful with humor as it might be funny to you but very hurtful to another (i.e. we all don't think alike and aren't all programed the same).  To some it's funny and others it being heckled.  Sooooooo, I think I will not tease a.k.a heckle a friend.  I will just keep my mouth shut and by doing that, I will have no risk of hurting a friend.  Thanksamillion for the advice friend.  I appreciate it. Your advice was like a green light special!  Oh ya!

Some friends, Gene and Jan Lindaman from Westbrook, MN stopped last weekend.  Geno was here to attend his 50th class reunion as he graduated from Allison (i.e. he called me afterwards and told me his high school girl friend is on her 4th husband and looks like a witch).  50 year class reunion must make him pretty old--you do the math!  ANYWAY We played 9 holes before we went out for dinner.  He shot a 38.  Not bad for an old fart.  I think he would have done better but I heckled him the whole way around.  AverageJoe says--Quite looking in the shadows--you got a life to live.  What a hoot!

You ever get bad information? I have many times.  Maybe they want to make money off me and say "turn here" when really that's not the place I should turn.  It's good for them but not good for me.  It greases their pocket but isn't the best for me.  SlickTheBallHog says--This is the way but the reality is--it ain't!  Maybe those folks are like wild dogs when they get the taste of blood they just go crazy (i.e. much like the taste of chocolate for some of you).  Well, maybe some of those folks get the taste of money and they just go crazy (i.e. don't really care if they heckle you or not).  GeorgeTheCrook says--I would have told you to hit the brakes quickly!  Yes I would of.  The information they gave you is bad.  For that information to work, would be like pulling a rabbit out of a hat!  Ouchy ouchy! Advice from  Larrythefarmernextdoor--Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in Our Country lately: Illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida . . . Not me -- I concentrate on solutions for the problems -- it's a win-win situation. * Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border. * Send the dirt to New Orleans to raise the level of the levees. * Put the Florida alligators in the moat along the Mexican border.  Any other problems you would like for me to solve today? If you are a heckler, you gotta have a solution.  You just can't heckle someone or something!  I once was invited to be a feature speaker at a Christian Women's Club and they wanted me to speak about good business principles.  I did and told them to seek advice from good sources (i.e. not your bother-in-law who thinks he knows everything or or neighbor who has not been successful or from the carry out boy at the grocery store).  It didn't seem I was received very well.  They were mainly older women who many were widowed.  Anyway, it felt I was talking to the wind!  I have many #s on my cell phone who I can call for advice as I surely don't know much.  They are all good folks with good minds and good advice.  I use them (i.e. I heckle them until they give me their best advice).  And it's free!

This is from Dave's Nectar--Pastor Mark Batterson notes that “there are basically two types of people in the world: complainers a.k.a. hecklers and worshipers. And there isn’t much circumstantial difference between the two. Complainers will always find something to complain about. Worshipers will always find something to praise God about. They simply have different default settings” (i.e. programmed differently).  LuckieEddie says--I think some of those folks just hear different  noises and voices than I do.  Could be LuckieEddie.  At our Buddies Group Monday morning I think it was agreed on that heckling leaders have an effect on them (i.e. they modify their thinking after being heckled all the time).  ItchieBitchie says--It works, everyone likes to be liked.  So then the leaders lower their standards and then the folks they are leading lower their standards and the snowball continues.  CadillacJack says--It's a lot easier to drag someone down than lift someone up--and once you have dragged them down, they will hardly ever get back up to their previous standard.  Sooooooooo, there is a time a leader needs to stand up to their standard.  Either fight for what they believe or exit and get around folks who have the same standard.  Heckle heckle heckle!

I was sorta kinda heckled by a friend this week and maybe he didn't even know it and maybe he did.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is he affected me.  His heckling took away some of the hype in my life, some of my aggressiveness, some of my drive, loosed my spring some what and made my life more relaxed (i.e. I'm not in charge of the world).  Sooooooo his heckling took some of the pressure off.  His heckling I took personal.  After I had some time to digest it, I think he was very serious and it was more than just kidding.  He dissing my attitude probably did me good and he will never know how his heckling affected me I bet.  Such is life.

I gave my encouraging talk Sunday.  An acquittance of mine through business for many years came up to me afterwords and shuck my hand and said some encouraging words about my encouraging talk.  He is a senior and also a widower for maybe 2 years.  I asked him if he is lonely--Ya I'm skinny and need to gain some weight; I eat a lot but just can't gain any weight; I want to but just seems like I can't--I thought maybe he didn't hear me so I said--Are you lonely--I weigh 128 and I should weigh 165; my friend weighs 165 and he wants to loose weight.  I didn't quiz him any more.  Maybe he he was just heckling me!

I took a couple of my little friends to the Iowa Cubs game.  Soooo do we have a right to heckle players who make a massive huge amount of money if they don't perform?  A friend was telling me that he was telling another guy about some of his business problems.  The guy responded--You must make a lot of money if you have that many problems as usually folks who make a lot of money have problems.  He does!  MissPerfect says--Yabut I don't have a lot of problems and I make a lot of money.  Yabut MissPerfect you inherited and married your money!  Such is life.

We had dinner and went to the Michael Bubl`e concert this week with friends.  Had such a great time being with them.  ANYWAY there was no heckling there at the concert as the folks all seemed to love him (i.e. they hooted and hollered and paid big bucks to see him).  The concert started at 8 at the Wells Fargo Center in Des Moines.  The warm up group performed until 8:45, then a half hour break (i.e. sold concessions, DVDs and stuff--$$$$$), and then Micheal performed.  He entertained until about 10:45 (i.e. that's pretty late for a Thursday night unless you are retired and time means nutten.  So we drove back to our freinds' motel and got in our car and drove home.  We got home about 1:30.  Micheal is a hot performer but I always have a hard time understanding the words sooooooo it's less enjoyable to me (i.e. I'm not a big music person either but Arlene is sooooo....).  The next morning I had breakfast with a couple of friends (i.e. one of them heckled me I think).  I stopped at the library to read the Des Moines Register (i.e. my tax $$$$ at work) where I had a interesting conversation with a mother and her 3 year old daughter.  She told me her kids like to read and she really encourages them (i.e. heckles them).  I told her that is really good as reading helps kids soooooooo much with education.  I showed her a headline in the newspaper that read--fat fighting with kids.  It was an article that parents need to control (i.e. heckle) their kids to control their fat intake.  She said that their doctor encouraged her to control the intake of fat of her children at a very early age as once a young kid gets fat, it's very hard to control after that.  Huh, interesting. 

We're heading down to Des Moines this morning to spend the day with Chet, Jess and Charlie.  We are going to the Arts Festival.  TheBruce says it's the 7th best in the nation.  So there you go!  It's my 3rd trip in 4 days to Des Moines.  Such is the life of Riley. 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says-A sense of humor is like a needle and thread, it will patch up so many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment