July 22, 2011

U-verse

We were in Waukee last weekend as I said.  Chet and Jessica don't drink coffee and don't have a coffee maker.  I brought ours along sooooo I could have a cup in the morning.  As we were heading home, they called and told us we forgot it.  We were tooooooo far down the road to make a u-verse sooooooo we left it there. I wanted a cup of coffee before playing golf early Monday morning soooooo I took our golf cart down to Casey's about 6:30 to get some.  A farmer was in there and saw me on my golf cart and said--erv, I think you are a little off course!!!!!   Alittleoffcourse I have been many times.  Such is life.

Joesixpack says--Life boils down to a series of choices.  If you recognize that you are going the wrong direction, ya got to make a u-verse as sooooooon as possible (i.e. sooooooooner the better--ya can't do it quick enough--damage control)  MissPerect says--Doing the wrong things never gets better only worse so, tighten the cinch and make a u-verse now; I mean NOW!  Nutten bad gets better if you think sooooooo you are wrong again.  It's sorta kinda like golf--ya gotta stay down and hit thorough; That's just like life.  If you don't you are always in right field. 

My mentor told me--Discipline yourself or someone else will.  And start disciplining yourself at a young age as it makes life a lot easier for you.  My Daddy, Chester, always told me--Self discipline is the best discipline.  Soooooooo folks, do you have self-discipline?  Self discipline causes a guy to make a u-verse in his life.  Ya but self evaluation is sooooooo hard to do, especially if you have been programed for years in thinking what you have been doing it acceptable (i.e. like excessive spending, excessive drinking, bad language, bad eating, etc).  JoeCadillac says--Self discipline can really be a rush like "I did it" and I'm sooooo proud of myself. 

This little girl needs to u-verse let me tell ya.  Oh ya!  I was waiting in the car as Arlene ran into Hy-Vee to get a couple of items.  A guy came over the SUV parked besides me with his maybe 4 year old daughter.  She was sooooooo pretty in her little flowered sun dress and a bright ribbon in her hair.  All of a sudden she started a temper tantrum (i.e. mother of all temper tantrums).  It was the worse I ever saw and went on and on.  The father said--you can't act that way in a soft voice and just put her in her car seat, closed the door and said one more time--you can't act that way before driving off.  AverageJoe says that he lives in pretty tall grass (i.e. meaning he's has some pretty successful folks around him).  Do you like to be around successful folks or not?  Successful folks are usually competitive, aggressive, and active.  Many times people who aren't that type, don't like to be around those folks.  They are intimated by them.  They would rather be around someone like themselves (e.g. a woman who has a messy house doesn't like to be around women who have neat houses).  A guy gave me great confidence and he didn't even know it.  He is a very successful man (i.e. my opinion).  He told me he got beat in a church election.  I couldn't believe it!  How come I asked--He didn't know but told me that many folks don't like successful folks.  Huh, interesting.  Successful folks put pressure on folks and are indirectly telling some folks -- You need to make a u-verse in your life to be successful and those folks don't want to hear of it (i.e. rather hang around under the bleachers looking for scraps).  ItchieBitchie says--It's easy in America, ya just gotta complain (i.e. put on a massive huge temper tantrum) and the government will create a program to help you out. You don't have to be successful to eat and live.

We went to Hope Lutheran's 9:15 service in West Des Moines Sunday.  I'm going to tell you a little bit of what Pastor Mike Housholder said--What is your goal in life.  Is it the love of money or appearance, or a relationship with Christ?  If it's love of money or appearance you might want to make a u-verse.  If  it's money or appearance you might want to change your program; if you don't set your program, you will be programed by default (e.g money and/or appearance known as the world).  And you can't say one thing and do another--it's what you do that defines your life.  GerogeTheCrook says--Maybe you and I need a "Holy Appointment" to get our heads screwed on right once n a while!  You think sooooooo?  In between services they must have served hundreds of full breakfasts.  Wow!

There are a lot of things that goes on "underthecap" of SusieQ let me tell you.  You really don't want to know what all those things are I don't think.  Her mental makeup can be rather scary at times (i.e. that is our opinion based on our set of values and thoughts).  I was talking to a couple of my golf buddies the other day and they were telling me how they wish a couple of their children would make u-verses in their lives.  They just don't understand why they act in some of ways they do (i.e. they are not like them).  Sooooooo are you like your parents?  Are your kids like you?  Should they be like you?  Should you be like your parents?  A friend tells me -- We need to accept folks as they are!  That is fine my friend BUT when people you care about are hitting their heads against the wall, it just seems like a good idea (i.e. did you catch that I said it SEEMS a good idea) that you should tell them that if they would stop, it would stop their hurt.  It would seem if they made a u-verse they would be much better off.  Such is life.

She might make a u-verse!  I substituted for a golf team in league this week.  I got to play and ride with a friend who is maybe 51 or soooooo.  Got to catch up with what his children are doing.  He told me that his daughter and him don't get along very well--how come--I say 3 words and she starts to argue with me--maybe that will change (i.e. make a u-verse)--I hope soooooo! LuckieEdie says--I don't mean to be disrespectful but maybe you are the one who needs to do a u-verse.  This guy on the first hole took clubs out of my bag and put them in his (i.e. he was all mixed up) soooooooo maybe LuckieEdie is right, he's the one who needs to do the u-verse.  After that I checked every hole to make sure I had the right number of clubs.  He did ask me a very interesting question--What is the best thing you have done in your life?  Soooooooo I will ask each of you the same question--What is the best thing you have done in your life?

Oh boy did I do a u-verse the other morning.  Oh ya!  I was walking on the golf course early and really had to go to the bathroom--I mean really bad.  It felt like the mother of all lumps in my small intestine which was about to come out!  I u-versed and headed to the club house.  I was hoping JeffTheGreensKeeper had opened it--he didn't.  Just then SammieThePoolGal arrived and saw me doing the "pottydance" and came and opened it preventing within seconds of a massive huge lump in my pants.  Oh did that feel good.  I mean like I deposited maybe 10 pounds.  The rest of my walk felt like I was floating.  Man was that a good feeling.  Such is life.

I really had a fun u-verse the other night.  I played golf with a couple of my young friends.  Cade is 12 and Lyndie is 13.  They both like golf and are quite good at it.  It is sooooooo refreshing to be around them and see their excitement for the game.  Both might end up being excellent golfers (i.e. depending on their continued interest, how coachable they are, and how they progress).  At our buddies group a.k.a PIGS -- Pretty Interesting Guy Stuff we talked about leadership.  DinosaurPete says--We always don't have to lead the elite but maybe we should pay attention to the ones who will accept leadership--some folks you ain't going to tell 'em nutten and some really don't care nutten about nutten, sooooooo...!!!  Can you be leed?  Are you a good leader?  Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Speak kindly, pray softly, prune back.  Now plow ahead!

1 comment:

  1. What is the best thing I ever did in life? I realized at a young age that God was PURSUING me! Why? I KNEW He wanted me. Again why? I still havn't figured out the answer but only that it's a life long lesson in Grace and Mercy. My best decision was to stop running away from Him and instead run to Him. May sound boring but it's definitely the best thing I ever did.

    ReplyDelete