August 27, 2011

Isn't it?

Joesixpack says--Let me drop everything and work on your problem!  It is the thing to do, isn't it?

Isn't it reassuring sometimes to know that others think the same way as you?  I think soooooooo!  ANYWAY I was playing golf with a buddy the other day.  I was telling him that I made a guy talk to me before we started playing that morning who seems to not like me.  I think it might be 'cause he thought he didn't get enough money on his house loss from the tornado (i.e. I don't know for sure--and maybe he treats everyone that way).  But I got a grunt out of him.  My golf buddy told me that he has a former employee who didn't talk to him for years but seems to be changing after 30 years.  Isn't it strange how folks can stay mad at folks for sooooooooo many years.  I told my golf buddy who was riding with me that I have one guy in all the world that I cannot tolerate.  I try and try not to have this feeling about him but when I see how he acts, it just fires up my dislike for him again.  My golf buddy said he has only one person toooooo.  Really!  He told me who his one guy was.  Holy Molly, it's the same guy!  Isn't it amazing that that we have the same feeling for this guy!  Amazing or something isn't it!  The hypothesis is that there is a common denominator here folks!  Such is life.

JoeBlow (i.e. the guy with DennisTheMenace haircut) says--Isn't it something when our fortunes finally change and everything seem to go our way!  Sooooooo JoeBlow, how do you know when everything is going your way anyway.  Sometimes when I think things are going my way it seems later that they really weren't but I just thought so.  Isn't it hard to determine what's always good and what's always bad?  My mentor says--Things are never as good as they look and never as bad as they look!  Isn't it strange how we seem to exaggerate the situation sometimes (i.e. over cook it).  Some folks really seem to over kill anything and everything. Isn't it something how we many times look at things different after some time.  MissPerfect (i.e. full of gettyup and mojo) thought she wanted a career but it turns out she just wanted a paycheck.  Ouchy ouchy!  Such is life isn't it!

Isn't it strange when the bank sends you a notice telling you their new policies which say "we may..." or "at our discretion" or "we think..."!  They don't say we will but are always covering their butt and leaving the door open.  Are there any absolutes anymore at all like an old fashion hand shake?  We like things we can hang our hat on, that are as good as gold, and you can bank on it.  Jesus is just that isn't He!  Some of you don't know anything about Jesus and others don't know if you want to really be a believer.  Suggestion--A Read the book of the Bible called John.  See what you think.  It won't take you maybe a couple of hours.  Little Boy's Explanation of God -- Fabulous!!!

Isn't it just plain amazing how things happen (i.e. seemingly random accidents)!  Happenstance, na I don't think so folks.  I was to meet one of my little golf buddies at the course at 10 to play.  I was waiting for him when a senior golf buddy pulls up beside me in his golf cart.  Just then, my little golf buddy called me and said he over slept and won't be able to be at the course until 10:30.  My senior golf buddy told me part of his life story--absolutely amazing!  He did not start out very well (i.e. actually was in jail and reform school).  You would never know it today.  Sooooooo I asked him--what changed you?  I decided in jail that I didn't want to be this way anymore and then changed.  Wow! He could have ended up being a "grizzledol'fart" but decided not too.  He made a decision.  Isn't that really something! He also told me his buddy who also got in a lot of trouble mainly because of alcohol, decided in jail to quite drinking and he did.  Wow!  My senior golf buddy told me about some health concerns he has now (i.e. could be quite serious).  I asked him how he is handling it--I live each day the best I can.  If I must die soon, I have had a good life and heaven will be even better (i.e. he said that with a smile on his face.  Isn't that something!  Now this is a successful man.  I like this guy.  Sooooooo is there hope for all folks to turn their lives around?  I think sooooooooo!  As a friend says--Decisions have consequences.  And guess who gets to make the decisions! 

A group of us have been playing pickle ball this summer.  It has been fun.  Some of you have no idea what pickle ball is.  Here is a video link about the game of pickle ball.  Ol'timerFred says--It doesn't matter how old you are while playing it but it's all about how much fun you have doing it isn't it?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GjjIr50fs Isn't it strange that different generations think differently?  Issues like gays, drugs, pre-martial sex, same sex marriages, debt, divorce, work ethic, ordination of gays, being responsible, etc seem to be non issues, it appears, to the younger generation but mostly are important to the older generation.  Isn't that something!  Pickle ball is mainly played by the older generation it seems who are looking for something to fill up their time in the retirement villages (i.e. fivestarlifestyle.  Beer drinking is done more by the younger generation (i.e. to fill up their time), isn't it?

Isn't this something!  A friend told me playing golf the other night that his senior sister sleeps 3 hours a night (i.e. from 9:30 to 1:30).  She has been doing this for 20 years.  Wow, that makes for a long day (i.e. either it enables you to get a lot done or it's a long drag).  I asked him if he sleeps better than his sister--Ya, I sleep well but not as good as my wife.  She can sleep for 10 hours without waking up (i.e. she must have a huge massive bladder).  That's something isn't it!

My mentor says--Isn't it something that some folks have a lion by the tail and can't get rid of it.  Ouchy ouchy!  That lion could be one of many things.  We just can't get rid of it; it's a constant battle.  It could be a health issue, a relational problem, ordination of gay pastors, a financial problem, a family problem, a job related problem, a problem with God, a sleeping disorder, an addiction and who knows what else (i.e. you know what lion you have by the tail and can't get rid of).  It could even be your tired achin' back!  Isn't it a burden to have that lion by the tail?  That senior golf buddy who turned his life around said to me--If God would not be merciful and graceful to me, I would never have a chance!  Isn't it something that God can forgive all of us no matter what we have done in the past?  Isn't it amazing! 

CadillacJack says--Does big name go with big head?  Life...is a state of mind isn't it!  GeorgeTheCrook says--Isn't is something that riches do not delight us so much with their possession, as they torment us with their loss.  Isn't it something that we spend most of our time pursuing riches?  I just hope when this life on earth is finished, I find out that I had my latter leaning against the right wall!  Yes I do. LuckieEddie says--Isn't it something that we get going soooooooo fast sometimes that we forget what's important.  Lord I need to have a tune-up if you will...A spring cleaning...software update...  MissPerfect says--LuckieEddie, isn't it sooooooo obvious that you need a change but you seem not to see it.  You prefer fame to honor, and advancement to friendship.  That's just the way it is LuckieEddie.  Such is life.

I was going to ride the trail from Allison to Shell Rock here in goodol'ButlerCounty (i.e. the county that doesn't have a stop light in it--now isn't that something).  It's a nice ride of about 14 miles one way.  The last time I rode on it was several years ago and the bridge over the Shell Rock River was gone.  Soooooooo, I emailed the Executive Director of the Butler Co. Development Corp and asked about it.  It's still out due to some kids burning it up--isn' that something!  ANYWAY  the bridge is just now being reconstructed at a cost of about $180,000 being paid by grants (i.e. tax dollars) and donations.  The kids are making restitution (i.e. hope they have good jobs).  Isn't that something, $180,000 for a bike bridge!  Years ago we didn't spend money on bike paths and bike bridges, swimming pools, golf courses, skating parks, dog parks, camping sites, and God only knows what else.  Isn't it something that we want and need more stuff (i.e. demand it) and it all cost tax dollars (i.e. fivestarlifestyle).  Such is life folks!

It's the life of Riley folks (i.e. thefivestarlifestyle).  Isn't it fun to be around friends who you really like.  We had the opportunity to spend a good part of the day with Steve and Linda (i.e. folks with good hearts--real folks--my kind of folks).  Us guys played golf while the girls had a long lunch then we kayaked on the Turkey River.  Now isn't that the life of Riley folks.  Such is life.  This short video depects Steve and Linda to a T.  It's a good watch.  http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/stethoscope.html

It's amazing what folks will do for money.  It really is isn't it!  It's called greed.  We seem to think money will give us a "fivestarlifestyle".  BUT there are some decisions we must make that has nutten to do with money but in reality will give us a "fivestarlifestyle".  He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money. ~Benjamin Franklin~

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans.  (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment