September 17, 2011

CO

Here is something to chew on.  I think many folks in CO talk and act CO!  Ya I do. They talk a lot about snow, hiking, skiing, 4-wheeling, bikin', huntin', raftin', snowmobilin', snowbordin', and the Broncos!  They dress CO like tooooooo!  MountainAl says--If you've lucky enough to camp/hike/raft/ski in the Rockies, you're lucky enough!

LuckieEddie says--There is a guy in the mountains who thinks he is always right and always has to have it his way!  Ouchy ouchy!  MissPerfect says--We have a person like that in our church too!  Joesixpack says--You can tell a fool but ya can't tell 'em much!  I read in Proverbs that wisdom is not trying to tell a fool anything 'cause  they won't listen to ya knowway but tell a wise person something and they will listen.  Huh, interesting! On our way from Buena Vista to Steamboat Springs, we drove through wide valleys of cattle ranches (i.e. Steamboat Springs was originally just a ranching community).  There are a lot of wild animals in this area so the ranchers have to build a 10 foot+ fences around their stored hay to protect it from those wild animals.  Wild animals come in many different forms.  The picture to the right, you'll see a couple of real wild ones I saw in the wild!  GeorgeTheCrook says--Ya got to put a huge massive fence around the wisdom you learn so the wild animals of the world won't destroy it.  I really enjoyed Steamboat Springs.  I didn't know that they get about 35 feet of snow each winter.  Wow, that's a lot of snow folks.  They told us that property values went down 30 to 50%!  Ouchy ouchy! 

I sat next to one of my heroes and picked his mind for some of his wisdom (i.e. I learned a lot. Now I only need to remember it and apply it).  We went to the Steamboat Springs hot springs which was out of town maybe 6 miles (i.e. the last 2 miles was a CO rugged, rutty, dirt road--it's a CO image thing folks).  ANYWAY we went late afternoon (i.e. clothes are optional after dark--it's a Rocky Mt thing folks).  There was a couple who were doing some serious mediation with their eyes closed and using their hands while sitting in the hot springs (i.e. maybe a CO thing).  I went over to them when they got done and asked them a few questions.  They were doing some form of yoga mediation--they said in a "nutshellexplanation" that they were removing bad carma and asking that they may use their life for good service (i.e. sounds much like Christians asking for forgiveness and praying for opportunities).  They told me that there are many forms of mediation--even sitting in the hot springs and slowing down and clearing a person's mind is a form.  It could be hikin' etc  --  any of the CO activities.  Huh, interesting.  Is having a reverential awe of God wisdom do you think (i.e. mediate on that folks)?  Thoreau says--Be not simply good--Be good for something!  MissPerfect says--Are we doing all right here folks?

Our grand daughter, Erin who is almost 4, goes to day care at Kara's place (i.e. a gal about a block from their home).  Kara did a story book for the few kids she has in the summer of their activities including pictures (i.e. she took them to the park, zoo, pool etc).  ANYWAY the last page she wrote a story for Erin to remember--The one reason I love my job is the stories and discoveries we have.  I don't want Erin to forget this one.  It is truly a classic.  Erin just found out...It all started on a Thursday, the summer of 2011.  My friend Lucas (age4) left the bathroom door open and my friend Erin saw Lucas.  Erin:  "Ms Kara, Kara! Did you see what Lucas just did?"  Kara:  "No Erin, I did not see."  Erin:  "I just saw Lucas standing up and peeing, and he didn't make a mess,"..."Wow weee!"  Lucas walks out the door and says "ahh haaa, Erin".  Erin:  "Guess what Lucas?" "Guess what I'm going to do after nap?...I'm going to try peeing standing up!"  Ms Kara is trying to think really fast of a story to tell her friend so that she doesn't have to clean up a big mess.  "Erin honey, guess what happened to Ms. Kara?  2 years I saw Mr. Rick do that and so I thought that I should try it too.  And guess what Ms Kara got pee all over the bathroom.  Mr. Rick was not happy and he made me clean up my mess.  Girls just can't do it."  So after nap my friend Erin went into Rick's office to ask him an important question.  "Rick, when are you leaving?"

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. 

erv

MyFriendJean says--Better one good thing that is, rather than two good things that were, or three good things that might ever come to pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment