September 24, 2011

Ya, perhaps!

Joesixpack says--My life seems to "clunkandclang along (i.e. not very smooth).  Ya, perhaps it does Joesixpack.  Why is that do you think?  The older I get the less I know (i.e. maybe that is wisdom, I don't know).  It seemed I knew a lot more when I was about 20!  ANYWAY I realize more and more that I really am not that important.  MissPerfect says--I know very little but I already can visualize duck tape on your mouth erv

Itchiebitchie says--Humility is a key to wisdom.  Really!  Yabut humility doesn't seem to get much attention in our crazy world that we live in (i.e. it appears that the brassy, noisy, pushy folks get the attention).  Ya, perhaps it appears that way but...!  A friend told me about a man who he had the opportunity to be in contact with.  This guy was in a pickle a.k.a. a tough spot.  My friend asked him if he has been praying to God for help.  The guy said no he had not 'cause he didn't want to pray (i.e. a punchy pitch) now when he hasn't been praying to God for some time when things were going good (i.e. being thankful).  He didn't think that was right.  He thought that he was sorta kinda using seanchengines.  My friend told him he should pray to God; God would understand.  A friend told me that he doesn't pray much for himself but he did the other night. He prayed that he could pee as he didn't want the catheter put back in! I think God understood!

I'm just guessing, I don't know for sure! When we hiked Mt. La Plata (i.e. the 5th highest peak in CO 14,436 feet high http://14ers.com/photos/peakmain.php?peak=La+Plata+Peak ) I had quite an experience.  We started at 6 from the trail head in the dark and after 5 hours we gained 3,700 feet of altitude covering about 4.5 miles.  Yes that is a tough hike.  We just completed a long boulder field where you follow cairns for the trail.  I was taking a break.  Hank and James were ahead of me (i.e. they are tougher and faster than I).  I felt good physically and mentally but decided not to hike the last 500 feet to the summit.  Tommy, the camp owner, made a statement to us the night before that stuck in my head--Sometimes I don't get to the summit 'cause I need to respect the mountain and my body.  And besides--James and Hank would have to wait for me and besides my body felt good (i.e. no injuries) and besides the only thing I would hurt by not getting to the summit was my ego and I had a lot to loose if I got hurt as I have an unique opportunity in my life right now and besides I have had a good experience and besides I could start down and they would probably catch me about the same time at the trail head. Soooooooo that was my decision.  I got about half way down and I met a guy and a couple of gals in their 30s who were heading up (i.e. rather late as you want to be off the mountain before 2:30 as the storms can be dangerous).  He asked me if I made it to the top--I told them the mini version that I just wrote.  He said to me--You are a wise man--I don't know about that but it appeared to be the prudent thing for me.  He patted me on the back and said--you just had a great experience!  The rest of the way down I thought about that as I enjoyed God's creation in total quietness and peaceful mediation.  Ya, perhaps I did.  Maybe the experience was a cairn for my life (i.e. a God thing).  Ya, perhaps!  Happenstance, na I don't think so.  The guys caught me close to the trail head--total time--8.5 hours.  A great experience--Ya, perhaps!  Maybe I just got an upgrade in life--Ya, perhaps!  I'm just guessing, I don't know for sure!  I really didn't ask for this experience--it just fell in my lap.  Such is life.

WildWilly asks--Is it okay to complain? WildWilly says--The folks who are getting the free stuff, don't like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff. The folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop, and the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting! Ya gotta cut that out! Ya, perhaps.  It all depends if you are receiving it or paying for it maybe.  What do you think?

I talked to a gal at church Sunday who I haven't talked to for a while.  I asked her if she is still working at a large grocery super market--ya I am--what do you do for them--I do all the hiring and firing of folks except for management--that's challenging I bet--it sure is as we are in a neighborhood where there are minorities and many low income folks--so how does that impact you--many want money but really don't want to work; they only last a couple of days and quit; I had the guidance counselor of the high school send 10 students who she said were very good; I hired them all; there are only 2 left--that does sound challenging.  Ya perhaps. 

I was coming back from my workout the other morning and a neighbor was backing out of his drive.  I asked him what he was going to do for the day.  Put in a furnace (i.e. it's about time I told him).  He told me he bought this new furnace for a $1,000 and hopes to get it put in for a $1,000.  I told him he gets all the breaks (i.e. he seems to find all the deals).  He responded--Hey, I spend my money other places.  Hey, neighbor, remember what my Uncle George always told me--It isn't what you make but what you save.  Ya maybe!  That's not very American to save your money.  It's a lot easier to inherit from the parents/uncles/aunts (i.e. maybe more the saving generation) or complain to the government.  In our area good farm land sells for $12,000 and acre.  Much of this land was bought for $350 an acre by dad.  Dad dies owning 500 acres.  You do the math.  Now that is how you make money the old fashion way.  I'll help you, that's $6 million folks.  I heard a man in his 50s say--his retirement plan is having his mother-in-law die!  Ouchy ouchy!

My mentor says--Everyone has warts but they don't show them to others!  "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody." ~Mark Twain~  It's all about the money--Ya, perhaps! The Williams Estate Planning Group reports that although well over 90 percent of all U.S. corporations are family owned or controlled, only three out of ten family firms survive into the second generation. So many heirs of fame and fortune struggle with drug addiction and other destructive activities, adding to the tales of disaster. Why do so many people who have what most of the world is struggling to get end up bringing misery. LuckieEddie says--Sooooooo, well grounded folks with good wisdom can survive this misery.  Saturday question--What is sound wisdom?  MissPerfect says--I don't know everything but I know one of the parts to sound wisdom.  It's to know and obey God's will for your life.  How can you be certain about the absolutely way to be know and obey God's will for your life--be thankful!  Yabut it seems to me in my reading of Proverbs that the greatest wisdom we can obtain is "the fear of God" (i.e. the fear of God meaning having a reverential awe of God).  What do you think?  LuckieEddie says--Ya ya ya, Money talks but chocolate ice cream sings!  Ya, perhaps.

What makes our decision?  What makes our decisions in the church?  Money, ya perhaps.  A crusty old man walks into the local Church and says to the secretary, "I would like to join this damn church." The astonished woman replies, "I beg your pardon, sir. I must have misunderstood you... What did you say?"
"Listen up, damn it. I said I want to join this damn church!" "I'm very sorry sir, but that kind of language is not tolerated in this church." The secretary leaves her desk and goes into the pastor's study to inform him of her situation. The pastor agrees that the secretary does not have to listen to that foul language. They both return to her office, and the pastor asks the old geezer, "Sir, what seems to be the problem here?" "There is no damn problem," the man says. "I just won $200 million in the damn lottery and I want to join this damn church to get rid of some of this damn money." "I see," said the pastor. "And is this...giving you a hard
time?"

Iowa football team was down by 17 points in the 4th quarter Saturday.  I said to the person sitting next to me--I don't remember the last time we got kicked this bad (i.e. it looked bad and looked like it was going to get worse, like we would never win another game this year--ya, perhaps).  The emotions of the 70,000+ folks at $50+ was pretty low.  Then the Hawks come back and won (i.e. scored 21 unanswered points).  The emotions made a 100% turn around (i.e. we will never lose another game this year). Buggsy, my long time friend from college, is a die hard Hawk fan.  He called me after the game and admitted to me that he went home after the 3rd quarter (i.e. thought they looked sooooooo bad and were dead in the water--dead meat--besides I was getting sick to my stomach he said).  I called him an idiot!  When I got home, I emailed him telling him that I thought it took a pretty big man to admit he left!  Ya, perhaps. 

GeorgeTheCrook says--Everyone has an opinion.  A friend told me--erv, you got to know when to express your opinion if you want to express it at all (i.e. many times it's better not to express it).  Maybe that's wisdom.  ANYWAY a friend told me that he ran a business for 40+ years and the next day after he retired, the younger guys acted like he didn't know nutten!  Yabut, ya don't need to know much anymore if you own a smart phone!   It's like you don't need to learn math anymore--some think that's why we have computers and calculators.  If you have a minute watch this video about if we need to teach math (i.e. it's funny--I think).  http://www.youtube.com/user/mackenziefegan  After further review, many think I still don't know nutten!  ItchieBithie says--erv, yagotta pull up your pants and get over it!  Yaya, I know that we lose some of our importance to the younger generation when we get older but I also know that everyone likes the money of the seniors but not our advice or opinions 'cause us old farts don't know nutten! I'm lookin' for the duck tape!  Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Life comes together when we seek out the sublime in the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment