December 10, 2011

BUT!

Are you more of a whywhywhy person or butbutbut person?

I'm not talking about your butt or my butt but just but in general.  Every person's butt is different but that's just the way it is.  I better just stick with the but situation.  Sooooo I'm butting out of the butt side of this discussion and just will be talking about the but stuff.  Besides I don't know much about the butt stuff other than what I know about DuaneTheWorm who really is a butt head!  DuaneTheWarm might look good at first glance but he's greasy, slippery and slimy.

Sooooooo what is the picture of do you think?  If you have been in the Valley during Christmas you might have a better guess?  BUT if you haven't, you probably don't have a clue.  Well folks, when we look out of our back patio window, across Hole #2 fairway, this is what we see.  It's Christmas in the Valley.  Our neighbors put lights around their palm trees.  Actually, it seems to be some sort of tradition.  Now that is different BUT it's rather nice (i.e. Jolly Good idea). 

RuthieWithAttitude is something BUT she's the hottest gunslinger in town folks.  She is not just any old ham and egg operation folks.  She makes folks nervous, stirs the pot and makes folks sweat!  She can really throw her weight around.  She is something to reckoned with.  She is a heavy weight alright.  I read this in the paper so it must be right--You see many many really heavy kids (i.e. the paper says sooooo it must be right--1/3 of American kids are over weight and 17% are obese).  You also see many heavy young folks and many heavy middle ages folks in our culture BUT you really don't see many really heavy old folks!  The AZ Republic says (i.e. sooooooo it must be right)--Americans account for 1/2 of their annual weight gains between Thanksgiving and New Year's.  Ouchy ouchy! Check out the solution by stayingyourweight*#^$~+Christmasfatnomorebynoteatingsooooooomuchandexcercisingmore!  Joesixpack says--It's a "free" gift? SusieQ asks--Aren't all gifts free?  No they aren't SusieQ.  Some gifts are driven by purely reciprocation!  Don't be driven by reciprocation BUT a "thank you" is always nice!  Also, look for opportunities to "give things away"!  Thanks yous are like dousing a fire with gasoline!

There is nutten wrong with our little grand kids a.k.a. Heisman winners that a few Christmas presents can't fix.  BUT if those presents don't work, there is always ice cream.  Grandpa might have the Sword of Damocles over his head giving them all the stuff they want.  Hey, we just leave them sooooooo their parents can deal with it.  Even though their parents give us a draconian warning not to do that we still do.  Isn't that what grandpas and grandmas are for--toooooo spoil them rotten!  I think sooooo.  It's Christmas! Such is life.

BUT he has everything; what in the world can I give him! I think we have an 'Aw, sh*t going one here folks! We sometimes struggle to come up with gift ideas for the person who “has it all". As you try to find the perfect gift for those on your shopping list, remember the story of Zacchaeus (i.e. the guy who had everything).  Jesus gifted Zacchaeus with his presence and with salvation.  As a result, Zacchaeus was changed. Perhaps the best gift you could give this year is your presence. When you share your time and your life, God may choose to use the moments you give for salvation and transformation—of others and yourself. The gift of Jesus’ presence leads to salvation and transformation. It’s the perfect gift for those who seem to have it all.

GeorgeTheCrook says--It is the nature of man to revere the man who has the most money. It is the nature of God to revere the man who has the most heart.  I'm going to try to be merciful, humble, patient and full of grace this Christmas and the rest of my life.  The key word here is try.  I won't and can't be that way all the time 'cause I'm human BUT I will try.  When I don't get what I want, I can be a different cat.  Some folks who don't get the present they want for Christmas can become a different cat tooooooooo.  Such is life.

I was getting the oil changed in our car and was talking to the guy ahead of us.  He was a fishing guide from ND.  I told him that I read about the big oil business in ND.  He said it is true--big business.  There is more work than employees BUT most potential employees can't pass the drug test!  Ouchy ouchy! I read in the paper, sooooooo it must be right, that there is some discussion of having folks pass a drug test to get Social Security and any government aid.  BUT it won't probably work (i.e. will be dropped like a rock)--the folks don't want that--they don't want any restrictions for drugs!  Such is life.

We went to a couple shopping centers here in the Valley.  From my catbird seat, if you've seen one shoppin' center, you've seen a mall!  LuckieEddie says--It's an unwritten rule in the mall world that you don't criticize the giver at Christmas no matter how bad the gift is!  ItchieBitchie says--Unless the gift is really bad a.k.a. a Doo-Wop!!

Last Sunday afternoon, I went for a hike/run around Usery Mt. and Arlene stayed at the condo and watched Zack and Tiger battle it out.  I really had a good time but I think I over did it a little. It's about a 7.5 mile hike and I ran toooooo much of it.  I was sore but it was a good sore.  You know what I mean.  ANYWAY when I got back, I asked Arlene if Zack won.  She got emotional.  He should have won but he didn't; I'm mad at God for letting Tiger, a jerk (i.e. her opinion), win and not Zack, a good guy (i.e. her opinion); it's not right!  I tell you what, she was unhappy.  But that's life folks.  David is one of my favorite Bible folks.  He got mad at God toooooooo but he always said--But you are my God who I will always love and obey.  He lamented a lot which is expressed in the Psalms.  Then David says after expressing his bewilderment--but I love you God.  I like the part of David's life when Saul is trying to kill him (i.e. David just doesn't understand this).  Then David has the opportunity to kill Saul when he was sleeping in the cave but he doesn't do it.  The picture is supposedly of that cave.  We saw it when visiting Israel.  I really would have like to hiked up in it but it didn't work out.  It would have been special to me as I like that "BUT" story soooooooo well.  Sooooooooo are you a whywhywhy person, a butbutbut person or some of each? 

It's not all perfect in the Valley.  You got to remember that the snowbirds are older folks.  And older folks have greater chances of heath concerns and death.  That's just the way it is folks.  BUT as a friend said to me this week--This day in your life is "your" time soooooo use it and enjoy it. I came back from playing ping pong. I ride my bike to Sun Life and play with the boys there. ANYWAY when I got home, the fire truck pulled up behind me (i.e. paramedics). They went to the lady next door. There was this big truck and 5 guys. She must have pressed her button by accident as they left in 10 minutes. I was going to go putt and chip. I was getting my stuff out of our car when Ken came by, then Paul, then Steve, then Judy and then Joe.  Hey listen, everyone has health concerns when we get older.  Steve said--I was planning to do a lot of things in my retirement but now I have this bad back.  Sooooooo folks, enjoy your day and your life.  The paper said (i.e. so it must be right) that the new snowbirds are more eclectic group; they demand new pickle ball courts and upscale condos compared to shuffleboard courts and mobile trailer houses.  30 years ago the snowbirds were a largely monolithic folks BUT now they are a richly diverse group (i.e. not the old stereotype where they lie in the sun and golf--they're on the move and seem to spend money). The Canadians have a lot to do with this activity.  Their dollar is now about equal to the U.S dollar in value soooooooo there a lot of them here and they have money.  BUT there is a large turn over of condos and golf carts every year (i.e. snowbirds get sick and die). 

I have no idea what's your life is like right now.  It could be you're very excited, very depressed or somewhere in the middle.  BUT I bet we all have something that isn't perfect.  Arlene and I went to the movie Dolphin Tale Tuesday night (i.e. buck night but we had to pay $2 more for the 3-D glasses).  I really like the last song called Safe.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YefGYnyjT0    The line I really like is--How are you gonna live your life.  Yes, you and I have a choice how we are gonna live our lives no matter what our situations or circumstances are.  Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--God's desire is to win our hearts and allegiance with generosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment