January 21, 2012

Being situational aware @ all times

Our neighbor fell and broke her pelvis.  I asked her husband a.k.a the ol' I-wegan what happened.  She wasn't being situational aware.  She was filling her car with gas and tripped over the gas hose; Not being situational aware @ all times can be dangerous.  I learned that on ship in the Navy. 

Be situational aware @ all times (i.e. see the big picture and not just the immediate feeling).  SusieQ says--When I saw my first strands of grey hair, I thought I'd die and dye!  LuckieEddie says--When you turn the light on, you get all kinds of bugs!!!!  Such is life.

MyCnuckGolfBuddy plays golf every day back home at daybreak.  Yes, every day.  And by himself.  I said to him--I bet you shoot some good scores!  I keep hitting the shot until I hit a good one.  We keep reminding him when we play that this is "reality golf" and  not "fantasy golf"!   LuckieEddie says--Ya got to live your life in reality (i.e. not like fantasy football).  Here in the Valley of the Sun a.k.a Paradise, it's a good reality a.k.a. it's being situational aware @ all times of inhaling joy and exhaling tension!  I have the life of Riley!

Being situational aware @ all times.  We had the opportunity to attend church with Jim and Gladys Free (i.e. our daughter-in-law's grandparents.  They are our kind of folks (i.e. real folks with huge massive good hearts).  They are snowbirds from IL.  We are very aware how they have influenced our daughter-in-law.  Oh ya!  Bytheway, we ate at my favorite breakfast place, Jean's Itise Bitse.  It's small cafe adjoining a pro shop on Dreamland golf course.  There is a practice putting green just in front of the cafe/pro shop (i.e. we are standing on it).  It's sorta kinda a throw back to the 60s.  This place makes me feel oh soooooo goooood and actually makes me laugh every time I go there.  I realize that it doesn't take much to make me happy!!!!   Such is life. 

Being situational aware @ all times!  When I look at my life in a panoramic view instead of a tunnel vision view, I find that there is a huge massive difference.  MissPerfect says--Never get all steamed up before you know what's cookin'!  I play pickle ball with maybe 50 others and ping pong with maybe 30 folks who are of all different abilities and have different experience levels. I really enjoy playing with them all.  Folks are very nice about rotating soooo everyone plays with everyone (i.e. no cliches or elite groups which can ruin a group very fast).  ANYWAY I really don't care if I win or loose.  ItchieBitchie says--Come on erv, I know you, you care.  No I don't.  In fact many times I really don't know what the score is.  Now if I'm playing in a match that we are all of the same level, ya I can be competitive and remember the score.  A stronger player can dominate play and make it a bad experience for others sooooooo why would some folks what to do that?  WildWillie says--Maybe to show folks that they are better (i.e. egos).  Ya that could be.  Does winning really have much to do with playing in this environment?  It's just like in life, some things aren't that important to get all worked up about.  It really doesn't matter.  I read what Tom Bradey said--Greatness is expected and not often celebrated.  My Daddy, Chester, said to me--erv, if you are good, you don't have to tell people!  Soooooooo my advice/suggestion to you--be situational aware @ all times!  Okay?  CadillacJack says--Yabut if you play for money, then everything changes!  Oh that money will do that folks.  Oh ya!

GeorgeTheCrook says--It all makes sense!  Is the "long economical hangover" over do you think?  Are you bullish on the future?  LuckieEddie says--I'm still very jittery!  The AZ budget gave raises to state employees and increased spending on education.  Maybe it's a mirage.  AverageJoe says--Maybe it's like a friend who I know; She's soooooo pretty and looks soooooo nice but when you get close, she smells like a wet animal!  Ya gotta be situational aware @ all times folks!  Pastor John said Sunday--God wants you joyful and the devil wants you to be miserable; God wants you compassionate and the devil wants you compelling,  Does that make any sense?

Be situational aware @ all times!  Joesixpack says--If you have talent and work hard good things will happen to ya.  If you also have a good heart, even greater things will happen to ya.  Oh ya!  Be involved in philanthropy--Good works makes for good returns. Keep your minds occupied constructively--Folks who do usually have lower blood pressure, healthier hearts and fewer symptoms of depression than non volunteers. Put that in your pipe and smote it. Get moving and you'll feel a lot better (i.e. experience extraordinary full of happiness and hope). DuaneTheWorm (i.e. he causes me to get off the buss at the nearest stop) thinks he as important as he thinks he looks and he doesn't look very good folks (i.e. but he doesn't know it)! Actually what are you doing to make your life better?  Do you have tunnel vision or can you see a panoramic vision view of your life? It's sorta kinda related to my thinkin' of looking and focusing on what I have instead on what I have lost or don't have (i.e. that's a breath of fresh air).  Well, fiddle-dee!  If I look at the tunnel vision view of my life of "whatrottonluck" it sorta kinda bites me in the butt!  MissPerfect says--How you look at your life has a huge massive difference in your attitude--I guarantee it; and that ain't no bull!  Suggestion--Click on the box that says you agree and accept.  You really can't go forward without doing that!  Oh, fiddlesticks, do you think I need to do that?  It's your decision and decisions have consequences.  Such is life.

Being situational aware @ all times!  Sometimes we need to be a maverick a.k.a. someone who is unconventional or goes against the grain.  Actually here in the great SW, a maverick was a cow, steer or calf that wasn't branded and thus pretty much free for the taking if you happened to see it wandering around!  There are soooooo many things happening in our society and culture that doing what is right is almost being a maverick it seems.  But listen folks, there are a lot of great folks (i.e. I have met many down here in the Valley of the Sun--that's no gobbledygook folks).  Let me tell you about some of them:  A neighbor is in her 80s and has lost two husbands.  She said to me--I have had the most wonderful life, just wonderful--sooo what made your life soooo wonderful--many thinks but accepting Jesus as a major thing.  ~  Another neighbor has a physical impairment.  She rides a scooter and her speech is hard to understand.  I asked her the other day how she was doing--Ya got to...I couldn't understand her and told her that.  She spelled it to me c-o-m-p-e-n-s-a-t-e.  Ya have to compensate or she gave me the "throat cutting sign" which means death (i.e. being toe tagged).  ~ There is a guy who walks past our condo quite regularly form Belmond, IA (i.e. about an hour from Aplington) who always stops and visits with me.  He is walking and always smoking a cigarette.  Huh, interesting. ~ A gal who plays pickle ball with us is always happy.  She has the biggest smile and her body language is just always excited about life (i.e. runs on high-octane). I think "Happy" is an appropriate moniker for her! Oh yes!  She's a spark-plug!  ~  A hiker we met on the trail gave us information as he said he knows all the trails and even works on the trails as a volunteer.  Wow, you must be a good person. My friends tell me that I'm toooooooo nice.  Tooo nice, what does that mean.  They say people take advantage of me.  Soooo what are you going to do about it?  Keep being nice.  ~  We met a couple of other hikers (i.e. man and woman in their 60s who had six-shooters on their hips which is legal in AZ).  Sooooo are those six-shooters for looks or do you really shoot those suckers?  Oh we shoot them; we are part of "cowboyfastshooters".  Sooooo how fast are ya--the guy said he could draw and hit his target in .3 seconds and the gal said in .5 seconds.  Man, I would probably shoot my toes off.  Oh we use wax ammo and it's all done by computers.  
~  A gal at ping pong told me that she spent her whole summer re-doing her house.  Are you good at it--I sure am!  I watch every show on TV.  I really like it. ~  I asked a fellow pickle ball player where he was from--Oregon but did some time in Maryland.  My wife said she is looking out for me by moving us here in the Valley.  I told her that I can't stand 110 degree heat.  She said--I'm just getting you use to the heat sooooo when you die you will be prepared!  Ouchy ouchy!  ~  I was waiting my turn to play pickle ball the other day.  I was sitting next to a guy who was wearing a gold cross around his neck.  Soooo are you a Christian--Sorta but I'm not a practicing Christian; I was born a Catholic.  ~  I played pickle ball with a new player the other day.  When we got done, we were sitting on a bench and his cell rang.  He told me it was about his medication that he is not going to take any more.  It almost killed him Sunday.  It lowered mys blood pressure to such a low level that it was life threading.  It happened at church and if a nurse wasn't there, I probably would have died.  Sooooo did you loose consciousness?  Ya, I think I saw heaven.  It was sooooo pretty and I was soooooo peaceful.  I was alright with it.  You are blessed to be a blessing.  I have been blessed many times in my life.  I once had an accident with a chain saw and had over 500 stitches in my arm and face.  I really have had a good life.  I'm sooooooo happy.  He shuck my hand a couple of times and said--I sure hope we can play together again.

Are you being situational aware @ all times?  GeorgeTheCrook says--Big heavy folks are good when you are the NFL quarterback and need protection on the pass plays, but you don't see toooooo many of them hiking, playing pickle ball, playing ping pong, running, biking etc here in the valley.  Most of them are talking and eating (i.e. that's complete mayhem)!  SusieQ says--Tebow's prayers might work but...when you have big, huge massive good players protecting you, that helps toooooo!  Well the Broncos did get beat.  Yes they did.  Woddy Hayes once said--There's nothing that cleanses the soul like getting the hell kicked out of ya!  Lou Holtz once said--The man who complains about how the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.  Such is life.

There are a lot of physical activities for us seniors here in the Valley to do. A lot of seniors do a lot of stuff let me tell ya. Some are extremely active and then it changes 'cause of reasons like health, age, size, attitude, desire, etc. When you sorta kinda get toward the bottom of the activity chain, it's down to shuffle board, then eating and talking, and then just sleeping in the sun. That's the bottom of the totem pole. That ol' fart must be at the bottom!!!!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Great opportunities often disguise themselves in small tasks.

Being situational aware @ all times!  Bonus Coverage--Watch this motivational video and make sure you listen to the last line.  Okay?  http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=aw-nt0eTb2w















No comments:

Post a Comment