August 25, 2012

What happened!

SweetiePieJane says--Appearance is not always reality!  I was golfing in a foursome of friends the other day. Steve had about a 8 foot putt on hole #8. I asked him what he saw in the putt? He said--It's straight in but I'm playing it a little break to the left. What! This "It's Saturday" is straight in but maybe you think it's a little to the left or maybe a little to the right. You will have to decide. I think it's straight in! Such is life.

Some of you might think I"m unusual. And I write about unusual stuff.  That could be folks.  We all are probably unusual in some ways.  You think so?  Actually the reading and listening to this stuff in "It's Saturday" is optional.  But remember what we all learned from the Olympics, shuttlecock justice can be brutal.  Soooo don't be an intentional slacker folks.  Such is life.

In golf league the other night.  My teammate said--I think my opponent had a stroke more that what he did (i.e. either forgot a stroke or did it intentionally to have a lower score) on the last hole.  My teammate didn't say anything.  But we found out later that his opponent usually lowers his score about 3 strokes each round if you don't jump him about it (i.e. he seems to have a extremely long nose).  Huh, interesting.  I play with a guy some who never gets his score right.  I really don't care.  But he can get better scores that way.  But his score really doesn't mean much.  I let him keep score; it makes him feel a whole lot better.  Sooooo what happened to these guys that they can't keep score?  What do you think.  I wonder if they can't conveniently remember other things the same way!  I wonder.  Maybe they just can't remember.  Could be if you believe that kind of thing!  Flip the pancake.  I was with another guy the other night and asked him what he had on #5 as I was keeping score.  He said 7.  Then a little latter he said, it was an 8 erv.  He had a little trouble in the trees.  He recalculated.  I had no idea as I don't keep scores of my opponent. That says something about this guy (i.e. my opinion).

We went and looked at vehicles one night this week.  It was really something.  Arcadia, Highlander and the Avalon are all about $35,000 to $49,000 (i.e. I really like them).  Those prices seem oh sooooo high to me.  So the salesman at the Toyota was a younger guy who was really funny.  I said--I'm use to getting 28 to 31 mpg--you won't with the Highlander, more like maybe 24.  But who cares, nobody cares any more, they just put in the gas if they like the vehicle.  I have a four runner that gets maybe 18 to 22 miles to a gallon but I like the power and it just makes me feel important and manly.  I just put in $20 of gas at a time -- no problem.  Soooooo we go and sit in a new Avalon.  I said--the interior is almost exactly like our 08--ya it is, they don't change them much; the outside you can't tell the difference either.  And they run for ever; we have folks who put 250,000 miles on them; we had a guy the other day who have 380,000 on his Avalon and didn't do any major work on it.  We sell a ton of them.  Sooooo why should we trade?  I don't know.  It looks like you have it pretty good.  Your car looks good and if you like it, I would just drive it.  Now that is what happened folks.

I read it in the paper sooooo it must be right that the middle income range for a family of three is between $39,418 to $118,255 and the average net worth is $93,150.  Both of those figures are lower that before.  What happened anyway?  I see a lot of Acadias and Highlanders and other high priced cars on the road soooooo someone must be doing okay.  I talked to two senior farmers at the John Deere machinery area at the state fair.  One was from NE Iowa and told me the last 4 years he never has made sooooo much money.  The other was from NW Iowa Sioux County (i.e. expect to have about a half a crop) who said three farms sold recently for $19,000 an acre. At the same John Deere booth, I got some Nothing Runs Like A Deere foam rubber caps for the grand kids.  I think they were impressed but I don't know for sure.  It's hard to impress kids in our "haveeverythingculture"!  They expect Highlanders and Acadias.  Such is life.

SweetiePieJane says--Appearance is no always reality. Are you easily impressed? Some folks are very hard to impress and others are very easy to impress. I mean, some folks really need something spectacular to get their attention and their approval and others don't. I was running early the other morning and a guy was sitting on his front steps bare back drinking a can of beer and smoking a cigarette. I wasn't impressed let me tell ya and maybe he wasn't impressed with me either! I really wonder what he was celebrating that early in the morning (i.e. he was living big). He and I seem to be miles apart. But maybe not. I don't know for sure. He and I maybe each had the same thought about each other--that being, that guy is an idiot! And you know what, we might both be right! Such is life.

Joesixpack says--Soooooo why did that happen to me anyway?  Not a criticism, but my opinion.  When things in life seem to be going crazy, out of control, who is to blame? Experience has taught me that I create most of my own chaos. And this might be true for you, too. Universally, individuals are responsible for most of the turmoil in their own lives – not all of it, but much of it.  My estimation, LuckieEddie is nearly but not quite perfect in his thinking and his actions (i.e. he's one lucky dog let me tell you).  Decisions have consequences and guess who gets to make our decisions.  I know folks who are negative, obnoxious, bull headed, etc (i.e. that's about all of us at times).  These folks, I wonder, if they will ever change.  Maybe their ways have hindered their life.  Maybe! Is that a decision that each of us make do you think?  God said that a certain person would be a wild donkey.  Do you know any wild donkeys?  Are you a wild donkey?  Who did God say would be a wild donkey?  Do you remember?

Yabut when I interviewed for the job, they were sooooo nice and easy to get along with.  What happened?  Remember what SweetiePie Jane said--Appearance is not always reality.  I asked a pastor the other day--Sooooo what is your biggest challenge as a pastor a.k.a. what's happening.  Getting the folks on the same page and moving forward.  Huh, interesting.  We are independent folks all right (i.e. we can have a lot of idiosyncrasies).  Church folks are not paid so you can't force them to act in a certain way.  You can't fire them.  JoeThePreacherMan says--Have I tried everything?  I think I have, yes.  But at the same time, I'm still willing to try something else.  I'll keep trying.  Things are changing and older folks don't like to change (e.g. younger folks and churches with mostly younger folks use email, texting, etc for communication--if you have an older congregation and only about 25% have email, now that's a challenge).  SusieQ says--Unless you are an old pastor and don't want to change either.  Such is life.

I read it in the paper sooooo it must be right.  Philadelphia--Michael Vic's arrival in town sparked angry fans with their dogs to camp outside the Eagles' practice facility, holding signs and banners to display their outrage...Fast forward three years to Wednesday's scene at a Philadelphia sporting good store.  Happy Eagle fans winding their way around the sidewalk, lining up more than 2-2 1/2 hours before Vick was set to sign autographs and promote the launch of his sports clothing line called V7. What happened?  You win and try to do good (i.e. redeem yourself) and folks love ya!  WildWillie says--Most folks are very forgiving particularly if you give them what they want (i.e. no matter what that is)!

What happened?  Let me tell you what happened.  It says--At the king's command, the men who had falsely accused Daniel (i.e. do you remember what they accused him of) were brought in and thrown into the lions' den, along with their wives and children.  And before they reached the floor of the den, the lions overpowered them and crushed all their bones.  Ouchy ouchy.  Did you notice that the wives and children of the false accusers got thrown in tooooo.  Have your parents affected you?  Are you as parents affecting your children?  Good and bad I think our parents affected us and we as parents are affecting our children.  As my mentor use to say--We are all programed by our past if we like it or not.  Such is life.

What happened?  I don't know.  It was on the 8th tee box at league the other night.  A guy from the other team and I were going to tee off and he said that Jesus has become very important in his life recently.  He said he has had some bad things in his life but he has changed and Jesus is the center of his change.  Soooooo what happened that he told me this?  I don't know but he did.  Maybe just maybe it was a special milieu.  ANYWAY it's good to hear stuff like this.  Yes it is.  I'm not a priest but I listened to his confession.  I haven't had the best feelings about this guy because of his past (i.e. he has been a long time game player). Now can I change my thinking?  I think soooo but God only knows.  JoeBlow says--God can be the cause of chaotic confusion and the the source of new creation  Oh ya!

What happened anyway?  In a Muslim country girls are taught to cover up in public so men can't see their bodies. In America they are taught to go as bare as possible so men will notice them.  Joexixpack says--Both ideas work it seems!  I guess it all depends what you are trying to accomplish.  I saw the most conservative 50+ gal in church recently who showed clievage.  I never in my life thought she would do that but she did.  Sooooo was she trying to get men's attention?  I don't know.  I don't think soooo.  I think she was trying to be stylish maybe.  Maybe she was trying to get the minister's attention.  I don't know.  But I noticed!!!

Soooooo what happened anyway?  A five year old asks her mom--Is Santa Claus real?  Is Jesus real?  Are they about the same then?  Who in the world can a 5 year old believe these days anyway.  I mean really!  I heard the other day that a little guy put fake teeth under his pillow.  He told his parents that the tooth fairy didn't leave any money.  His parents said--The tooth fairy knows when they are fake.  So there you go.  ItchieBitichie says--And remember kid, beer, whiskey and drugs are not good for you so don't drink and use them; I drink and use drugs 'cause it's just a social thing!  Remember what SweetiePieJane said--Appearance is not always reality folks.

What happened?  You said you loved me and now you want a divorce.  What goes anyway?  Travis West says--In 1964 the Righteous Brothers recorded a surprise hit single titled "You've Lost That Loving Feeling." It quickly rose to the top of the billboard charts. In fact, according to Broadcast Music, Inc., this song got more play time on the air than any other song in the twentieth century. Perhaps this was because it captures something fundamental to our culture's understanding of love—that it is primarily a feeling, an emotion; that it is unstable and ephemeral; that it comes and goes. The headquarters of love, we say, is the heart, and so the heart takes on all the associated meanings of love—emotional, subjective, untrustworthy. The mind, though, is its opposite—intellectual, objective, and consistent. Huh interesting.  Remember what SweetiePieJane said--Appearance is not always reality! 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans.  (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--When solving a problem, dig at the roots instead of just hacking the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment