September 6, 2012

Excuse me!

Tomorrow it might be different again. Who knows? All depends on the people you meet, the experiences you have, and the ideas and desires which make sense to you at the moment. Excuse me.  Do you understand what I'm talking about folks?

"Excuse me, what did you say?" Sometimes we ask that question politely because we didn't quite catch a person's comment and we just want them to repeat it. Other times we ask it in a tone that says we heard it, all right; but we can't quite believe what we just heard! What did you say? Sometimes figuring out the the difference becomes a challenge. Especially if you are in a different culture and folks have different ideas.  Oh ya!  Yabut when folks hold their hand out and say excuse me, everyone understands what that is about!  Such is life.

My father, Chester, used to say that you could tell the caliber of the mind of a person by the questions that they ask.  Excuse me!

Excuse me.  Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom. ~Viktor E. Frankl, psychiatrist and holocaust survivor~  I have read his book Mans Search for Meaning a couple of times.  It's an attitude book folks.  A good read IMO!  Excuse me.  If you have a stinkin' attitude and don't want to change, don't read it.  You are wasting your time. 

Excuse me for sending "It's Saturday" early this week.  Arlene and I are off on an adventure. Where we are going I'm not taking our lap top as it's tooooo much of a hassle and toooo expensive to gain Internet connection.  Also, next week's "It's Saturday" will be on Monday as we don't return tell then.  We are going looking for (i.e. see picture) in the wild blue yonder with an attitude.  Such is life.

"Well, in our country," said Alice, still panting a little, "you'd generally get to somewhere else — if you run very fast for a long time, as we've been doing."
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!".  At coffee after church Sunday morning I was talking a friend who is 85.  She said to me--I saw you walking past my house this morning.  Excuse me!  I told her I was actually running but maybe I was running soooooo slow that it looked like I was walking to you.  She said--You look pretty good but you would look better if you didn't stay so long in one place!.  Ouchy ouchy!  She was saying I think, that I showed a lot of activity, but not much progress. Joesixpack says--For many of us, our lives tend to look that way, too. We keep busy, but what have we accomplished? If we have accomplished little, why do we continue to do the things we have been doing?

Excuse me Mr. Hummingbird.  Thanks for making my day more enjoyable.  It's the fall migration of the hummingbirds.  I put out a feeder on the window of our sun porch.  Here is the picture of what I see while sitting in my recliner with me feet up.  It looks like the lawn needs to be mowed toooo.  I'm use to mowing it every 8 weeks or soooo.  Now we get a little rain and the blue grass responds instantly.  Excuse me mother nature for questioning you.  Like my mentor use to tell me--Nothing is as good as it looks and nothing is as bad as it looks.  Such is life.

Excuse me but are others getting in your way?  Henri Nouwen says--It seems necessary to re-establish the basic principle that no one can help anyone without becoming involved, without entering with his whole person into the painful situation, without taking the risk of becoming hurt, wounded or even destroyed in the process. The beginning and the end of all Christian leadership is to give your life for others. Joesixpack says--Be real to others. If you really want to understand another person's story, ya gotta share yourself and take a risk. So what do you think? Do you really want to get involved in another's story. That could take some time, effort and money. ItchieBitchie says--It's a lot easier to be a DuaneTheWorm a.k.a. abeastofadog and just think about yourself and live in your own little world and the heck with everyone else. There are givers and takers in this world. Which one are you?

Excuse me God!  Ya I wish I would hear from God through a burning bush, a talking donkey, or Him putting a million bucks in my checking account. But I haven't experienced those things. Do you think if I beg more, complain more, ask more, plead more (i.e. like a squealing pig) I'll get more stuff from God. Lot did and he got what he wanted. Such is life.

Well, excuse me!  Ole lived across the Minnesota river from Clarence, whom he didn't like at all.  They were yelling across the river at each other all the time.  Ole would yell at Clarence, "If I had a vay to cross dis river, I'd come ofer dere an beat you up good, yeah shure, ya betcha, by golly!"  Clarence would yell back, "Ya don't scare me, ya old turd. I cud beat cha wit one hand behind me back, fer sure!"  This went on for years.  Finally, the state built a bridge across the river right there by their houses.  Ole's wife, Lena, says, "Now iss yer chance, Ole. Vhy doncha go over dere and beat up dat Clarence like you said you vud?"  Ole  replied, "OK, by yimmy, I tink I vill do yust dat!"  Ole started for the bridge, but he saw a sign on the bridge and stopped to read it, then
> turned around and came back home.  Lena asked, "Vhy d's you come back?"  Ole said, " Lena, I tink I changed my mind 'bout beatin' up dat Clarence. You know, vhen I yell at him from across da river, he don't look so big. But dey put a sign on da bridge dat says "Clarence is 13 feet, 6 inches.

Excuse me!  Pardon me!  WildWillie says--I don't mean to step on your toes but I don't agree with you.  I don't think we think much alike.  I think it's better MissPerfect that you go your way and I go my way.  We are not even in the same book besides being on the same page.  I'm a saver and you are a spender.  I'm a conservative and you are a liberal.  I believe in Jesus and you don't. You remind me of a couple of peaches I bought recently; they looked sooooo good on the outside but when I got to their insides, well, they weren't worth a toot!  I'm glad we found this out before we got married. 

Esau probably said to his father Issac--EXCUSE ME pop after his mother, Rebekah, and brother, Jacob, deceived Issac and stole Esau's blessing.  Issac said to Esau--Hey, they betrayed me and fooled me.  I gave the blessing to Jacob.  You're screwed son.  Tough luck I guess.  Life's not fair, the only thing that fare kid is the Butler County Fair and that's in June.  Soooooo you're SOL son!  But good luck to ya though!  Hope you have a good life.  But you are not going to have it as good as your brother. 

LuckieEddie says--Excuse me! We come this way but once. We can either tiptoe through life and hope that we get to death without being too badly bruised or we can live a full, complete life achieving our goals and realizing our wildest dreams.  LuckieEddie, you shouldn't say things like that as it will make a lot of folks shake their heads in wonder.

Bon Vogage!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain.



No comments:

Post a Comment