September 22, 2012

the world

No understanda!  No comperhenda!  Maybe some of you who haven't traveled much, might not understand or comprehend this stuff.  But maybe some of you who have done some traveling might understand and comprehend some of this stuff.  Traveling makes a guy's view of the world different and maybe it lets us develop a little feeling of how others think.  I believe it makes me more open minded, objective, and understanding.  That is my opinion.  My deceased mentor would tell me--Your eperiences program you (i.e. what you touch and see changes ya).

Sooooooo we had dinners and conversations with folks from Germany, Australia, Canada, Holland, South Africa, England, Spain, and the good ol' United States of America when traveling.  I found out that we all put on our pants the same.  Some pants are little different in style, some pants are different in color and some pants are of different sizes but we all put them on the same.  Oh ya!  I also learned that the world is concerned about a bunch of young unemployed, alienated, radicalized religious folks, mainly men who have found a vehicle (i.e. death and destruction) to express themselves.  Their religious believes and religious laws are uncompromising.  Ouchy ouchy!  This seems to be a huge massive concern and problem in most countries.  Folks are concerned about this plus a poor world economy.  Folks are concerned about the future of their grand kids.  These feelings are global folks.  Such is life.

Saturaday question--Do you every build walls soooo no one can get into your life?  There has been walls for protection of many civilizations and cultures.  We have seen the Great Wall of China, the wall around Rome, Vatican Wall, The Wall of Jerusalem, and walls protecting many ancient cities.  It's to keep the bad guys out.  The cities are built on a hill with the walls below.  It was a good defense until the cannon came along.  Even before the cannon, many of these cities were taken over by others and the walls were destroyed and then rebuilt.  I think that is soooooo interesting in the history of the world.  The picture is the city of Cagliari, Italy with it's ancient wall.  The world has a hard time keeping the bad guys out now a days as it seems.  LuckieEddie says--He who has the power wins!  When you win you get the spoils.  Or, he who has the best walls, boiling oil, stones, spears, to throw on the enemy wins.

The world is changing.  It use to be the poor folks, fishermen, and industry were located along the sea but now it's high end.  Things change in the world alright.  Rome was pagan and then changed to Christianity.  Many Christians were killed for their faith in Jesus.  The Pope was the King of Rome and owned all the property.  Then about 150 years ago the three regions were united into one country.  The Pope didn't like this as he was King (i.e. it's all about the money).  Sooooo they compromised.  Pope got to be a separate nation (i.e. a sovereign nation called the Vatican) and also kept 10% of all of Rome  (i.e. that is why Rome was not bombed during WW II). The Pope back then was really not a very nice person I was told and he was very powerful.  He still seems to be very powerful in our topsy-turvey world.

Our tour guide in Rome told me that tourism is down in Rome.  Way down.  The demographics of where the tourists come from has changed.  Way less from Japan, England, France, Germany, Arab countries and US but a lot more from Russia, China and India.  A professor from Germany told me that they have a saying in Germany--The pirates (i.e. one generation) makes the money, another generation maintains the money and the third generation spends the money.  Hey, it's that way all over the world I told him.  "The pirates make it" was sorta kinda interesting.  He said--Some think with the change of governments and policies in some countries, some folks make out like pirates in some countries while the poor stay poor.  Money is a huge massive motivator all over the world.  Staying alive is too.  I didn't remember that the Gladiators were prisoners and after soooo many wins they could get their freedom.  Now that would make a guy fight all right.

There are savers and spenders in all the world.  A 50 year old Holland guy told me this--I'm a saver and each year we travel the world.  He asked me if I was a saver--I'm Dutch what do you think!  He laughed.  I asked him if his wife was a saver too?  Yes of course; If she wasn't, it would be better not to have a wife! 

It's the same all over the world folks.  This store is the busiest store in Barcelona, Spain and in Jordon Creek Mall in West Des Moines, IA.  Folks just love technology and really like the Apple stores.  We live in a globalized world.  If there is trouble in any part of the world we know about it immediately as it affects most of the world if we like it or not.  Such is life.   

Big world but getting smaller. We were to travel to Tunis, Tunisa but with the trouble in Lybia we didn't go as it was more dangerous to be in a Muslim country (i.e. unexpected events happened). Good thing as they rioted there. It's a small world when you know what's going in within seconds.  Apple knows that too!

I went for a run late one afternoon along the sea side wall at Santa Margherita (i.e. a million dollar view folks).  Riding the tender back I went up top and sat by the driver.  A young lady came up there and sat with me.  She was one of the dancers on our ship (i.e. she had long slender legs).  She had danced at Las Vegas, Denver and with the Rockettes.  Sooooo why are you dancing here, this can't be near as high pay?  I want to see the world!  See the world.  There are soooooo many beautiful places in this world. The long trip (i.e. about 24 hours)  coming home was not sooooo much fun but, hey, we're retired; time means nutten. 

I really think Arlene was a little disappointed that some Italian guy didn't pinch her butt!  I don't know for sure but I think soooo.  Sooooooo I pinched her butt but I don't think it was the same!  Such is life.

I really love America and am glad to be home.  I enjoy traveling but sure like our home let me tell ya. 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Life must be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment