August 3, 2013

fascinate

Joesixpack asks--How would you feel if your thoughts were broadcast on a loudspeaker for all to hear?

TeacherLois was teaching vocabulary and was teaching the meaning of fascinate.  She asked the young students if anyone could use fascinate in a sentence.  Patty said--We went to the zoo and it was fascinating.  Well, fascinating is a form of fascinate.  Can someone else use the word fascinate in a sentence.  Carol said--We went to the zoo and we were fascinated.  Well, fascinated is a form of fascinate.  Can anyone else use the fascinate in a sentence.  Harry said--My aunt is very busty.  She has 12 buttons on her blouse but can only fasen 8!

SusieQ says--I know ItchieBitchie is lying.  Yes I do. MagicalTed asks--How do you know that ItchieBitchie is lying SusieQ?  The reason why I know that is 'cause his lips are moving (i.e. liar liar pants on fire).  Talk about lying.  Who is the biggest liar ever?  I think it might be the devil.  Could be!  That sucker is really good at it.  Oh ya!  Don't ever try to argue with the devil.  He's better at arguing than you are, having had thousands of years to practice.  That is fascinating folks.  Oh ya!

GeorgeTheCrook says--Money always gets playing time, oh ya!  Some call it The Green Eyed Monster!  Hunter Maham was leading the Canadian Open Golf Tournament.  He was on the practice range when he got a call that his wife was in labor.  He walked away to be with her.  I heard a local tv sports announcer when asked if he would do that say--If I had Hunter Maham's money I would.  Sooo the news announcer asked him--would you do that then--I have to say I would 'cause otherwise I will get hate mail (i.e. being politically correct).  Da!  Soooo folks, would an average guy who makes just enough to pay the bills, walk off the course giving up a chance to make a million dollars plus a chance to enable him to make much more in the future (i.e. maybe even secure his financial future)?  Money always gets playing time!  Money fascinates me!  Oh ya!  Saturday question--What would  you do?  What would your wife want you to do?  Would she like the million bucks?  Saturday question--How many military guys aren't home when their child is born?  If it was the second  child, would that make a difference?  MissPerfect says--When our first kid dropped its pacifier, we boiled it for ten minutes.  When our second child dropped its pacifier, we told the dog to fetch it.  The first kid gets a million pictures; the second one gets a few!  The first kid gets many visitors at the hospital, the second kid gets a few to none.  The first kid gets more cloths than he could wear in a 100 years, the fourth kid wears hand-me-downs!  The 6th kid, folks say--oh really, the sixth kid (i.e. I must have missed the 5th one)!!

I asked a friend--How many $$$ do you make detasseling corn?  They start out at $8 a hour and get a dollar more for each year they work.  Soooo he makes $10 plus bonuses such as work every day, wear all safety equipment, if the field passes in two runs etc.  He worked 6 hours the day I talked to him and the day before he worked 12.  It's not doctor wages but for a teenager, not bad.  Some teens just sit on couch and eat chips and complain to the government (i.e. that seems to work tooooo in our current culture).  I wonder who taught them that anyway!  Huh, interesting. 

Bonuses a.k.a $$$ motivates folks.  Oh ya.  That is why church can be soooo difficult.  If a  person doesn't have a passion, you can't motivate them with $$$ (i.e. a carrot) or threaten to fire them.  I guess the pastor is the only one!  Ouchy ouchy!  What is the church rule--Something like 10% of the folks do 90% of the work (i.e. and 10% of the people give 90% of the $$$--I don't know what the rule is as far as complainers is). And without any bonuses!   CadillacJack say--Yabut the 90% that don't do anything are out there making $$$ (i.e. gettin'richer) while the 10% are working for nutten!  Such is life.

GeorgeTheCrook says--Borrow money from pessimists as they don't expect to get it back!

Luck fascinates me!  LuckieEddie says--There is luck in everything.  Oh ya!  Yes sir baby and I don't mean maybe!  I have heard some unlucky stories lately by some good folks and by some bad folks.  I also heard some very good lucky stories by some very bad folks and some very good folks.  Huh, interesting.  It seems to me that good happens to all and bad happens to all.  Not all in the same portion or severity.  I sure don't like the bad luck though!  Sooooo do we make our luck?  Some folks think we do and others don't think sooooo.  What do you think?  SusieQ says--If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!

A 14 year old friend says--My luck!  Our son told me that we are probably living in the best part of history (i.e. and we still complain).  What!!  A golf buddy sent me this--"The Great Depression's motto was: "Use it up -- wear it out", make it do or do without!!!!! This reminds me to be grateful
for what I do have..... Start each day with a smile and a prayer ... Then pass it on.

Are you lucky to be around good folks?  I am not in the "inner group" but sometimes do participate with them (i.e. I'm not as fanatic about their hobby as they are).  ANYWAY, recently I was with this group and heard part of the "inner group" talk about one of the "inner group" who wasn't there.  They were not saying nice things about him. Ouchy ouchy! That fascinates me (i.e. who needs enemies when you have friends like that).  Saturday question--Do you every do that?  Our pastor spoke about when Jesus asked his "inner group"--Who do they say I am (i.e. they being the public)?  Who do you (i.e. the inner group) say I am?  I wonder if many times we ain't what we think we are looked at by other folks' evaluation; even our "inner group"!  I wonder.  I wonder what folks say behind my back.  Does it really matter do you think?  How does a guy find out what others think of you anyway? 
 
Being tough!  I am not tough enough.  Played in a little golf tournament last Saturday (i.e. 36 holes).  I was sorta kinda a little tired when I got done. Some folks are sooooo tough.  They fascinate me.  I have a friend who is really tough.  I mean really tough in sooooo many ways.  OldSchool says--The "real" world will chew you up and spit you out if you're not tough.  Technology has not changed that statement folks.    BookWriterPhil says--I live in this struggle between myth and reality, between "should be" and 'is."  Went camping once with a friend and tried to pitch my tent on granite ground.  Spent a half hour pounding in plastic stakes.  My friend said, "Phil, sometimes you just have to pitch your tent somewhere else."  This we call flexibility; if we're blessed, we learn it early.  If we don't, life is immeasurably more difficult than it needs to be.  Folks, I'm learning flexibility every day.  Yes I am.  How about you, are you learning flexibility tooooooo?

I recently played in a foursome including TheChampionGamePlayer.  He got in the head of a friend.  They are both very competitive and my friend knows that TheChampionGamePlayer plays games with his mind.  Well, he was not tough enough to handle it and man, it affected him.  Another friend in our foursome told me that many many years ago at Hampton we were playing together.  He said he was playing well and I complimented him how he was getting his hips through the ball.  He said after that I kept thinking about getting my hips through and played terrible.  I thought that was funny!  And he remembered that!  Moral of the story--Ya gotta sorta kinda have toooooo be tough to play with TheChampionGamePlayer.  If you aren't tough, the space between the ears can be affected folks.  Oh ya!

You have to have thick skin to ask for criticism and then hear it and then accept it and then act on it.  Many folks aren't that tough.  They don't want to know.  Some house sellers will hire a stagger to come in and stage their house (i.e. tell them what they need to do to improve their chances of selling their house).  Many times, the staggers will tell the sellers things they don't like to hear.  Your house is a mess, you need to clean it up; you need to hire a professional cleaner and clean your house; you need to replace your carpet; you need to rent new furniture; you need to paint the interior walls; you need to get rid of  half your furniture.  When it comes to making money, usually folks are more receptive to listening.  Big folks can accept criticism (i.e. even ask for it) and move forward; little folks can't.  That fascinates me how some can and some can't.  Such is life.

Dog owners fascinate me!  This is fascinating to me--In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires (i.e. eat like dogs).  Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)~  This also fascinates me about folks in our current culture--When I run early in the morning on my usual 2.5 mile route on the streets of Aplington, the dogs in folks' houses bark when I run by.  Who would want a dog(s) barking every time someone runs by at 6 in the morning.  Who would like to be sleeping at 6 and have your dogs wake you up all the time (i.e. not me for sure).  Such is life in different folks house than ours!  Dogs use to be used for work with livestock, hunting or watch dogs.  Oh how things have changed.  Fascinating to me!  AverageJoe says--Many years ago the poor people were skinny and the rich were fat (i.e. a sign of wealth).  That's not the case anymore.  Why is that?

I was getting gas the other day (i.e. not gas like a fart but gas for my car) when a lady and her kids came out of a house by the gas station (i.e. must have been a daughter of the house owners visiting).  ANYWAY the neighbor was standing out front of his house watching his dog "do his thing".  This gal says to him--Your dog sure barks a lot and loud.  It's very annoying and you are obnoxious.  Don't you hear it?  I'm sure glad I don't live next to you.  And let me tell ya, you should be glad I don't either!!!!  Ouchy ouchy!   I think some dog owners must be deaf; I really do think soooooo.  That fascinates me that they don't hear the dogs bark or can put up with it (i.e. just tune it out).  Just fascinates me!

Fascinates me how different folks handle their drinking problem.  It's not opposing world views but folks have different recognition and also take different actions.  Oh ya!  I was watching the Open and there was a clip about Ernie Els.  He recognized that he had a drinking problem that might be affecting his golf game (i.e. I wonder if it was affecting his golf game if it also wasn't affecting other parts of his life).  ANYWAY he made a change.  It fascinates me how some can recognize something and make a change and others can't.  Such is life.

A MN golf buddy told me a little of his story recently.  He was divorced after maybe 12 years, filed bankruptcy, quite a serious drinking problem, quit smoking, started a successful business. eventually started dating a woman, married her after about 12 years, and seems quite happy and seems to have his life under control.  He said--I just try the best I can.  I call him my hero!

CrazyMarvin says--Alcohol does not make you fat.  It makes  you lean.  Against tables, chairs, floors and stupid people! OverTheTopSharon says--It fascinates me how we can justify stuff in our lives.

We helped Chet and Jessica move Thursday (i.e. I was tired at the end of the day let me tell ya--not very tough).  We picked up some pizza and some beer at HyVee.  I asked Ivan, the check out guy--what beer to you sell the most of--Busch light--Is it the cheapest--yes it is,; folks like cheap beer; we sometimes have it on sale for $11; can't seem to keep a supply in the coolers--$11  a 12 pack (i.e. I don't buy much beer)--no no a 24 pack; that's a lot cheaper than the $8 a six pack you just paid for that Samuel Adams; but we sale a lot of Samuel Adams toooooo!

The human mind fascinates me!  NE IA Steve says--Your mind is a wonderful thing, it can make fantasy seem like reality (i.e. isn't that fascinating).  On the 5th tee the other day, a 77 year old guy playing in our group took a chew of tobacco.  I asked him how long has he been chewing--60 years (i.e. ya gotta be pretty tough to chew for 60 years or dumb).  Says he has never had worms!!!  His playing partner is a ball hunter at our course.  He hunts balls and gives many of them to our course for resale or for the driving range.  Sooooo BallHuntin'Man, how many do you find in a year--maybe 25 dozen--how many years have you been doing this--maybe 10 years--sooooo that's about 3,000 balls--ya I guess sooooo--soooo where do you find most of them--wouldn't you like to know!!!--he's much like a mushroom hunter I guess.  That fascinates me.  Like I really care; I must have 5 dozen new ones on a shelve in the garage that I won or were given to me over the years.  But I do fine balls (i.e. by looking for my ball or others balls) and give them to my young golf buddies. 

Cadillac Jack was dinning at a fancy restaurant.  The waiter gave him his bill.  CadillacJack asked the waiter if he would like a tip--Of course I would--Don't chase wild women! 

What does a hurricane, tornado, and a red neck divorce have in common?  Someone is loosing a trailer!

MyMomAnna, would say--erv, your personality is how you act around others and your character is how you act when you are alone.  JoeBlow says--Character is often determined not by when we do what we must, but by when we do what is voluntary. It is tested far more by charity, than obligation. 
It appears not so much in what the public sees, but shows itself clearer in what is done in private.  AsSweetAsHoneyKatie says--Doing my best at this present moment puts me in the best place for the next moment.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean a.k.a. one tough cookie says--Its good to be blessed.  Its better to be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment