December 7, 2013

it's at least 99.7% correct

Ok, let's tie the pieces of Christmas together folks.  Do you think that is possible?  Let's try, ok!  And remember--That the best things in life, aren't things.  The best present to give the ones you love is your presence.  You have to be "one smart cookie" to understand that!  Oh ya.  I was having Cheerios with Charlie the other morning in Waukee on our way to AZ.  I said to her--You are one smart cookie.  She said, no I'm not grandpa, I'm a girl!

Does Christmas make you woozy? Joesixpack abruptly stopped singing "JingleBells" in the middle of the verse and started cursing (i.e. using words not allowed on network TV...or in churches...or among more civilized sailors)!  I think he might have been in the Christmas sour mash a little.  ANYWAY It appears that he is just ChristmasOverwhelmed! LuckieEddie says--We are entering the Christmas season like a big old dump truck...with no brakes (i.e. enough of that 'thankfulness and gratitude'; we jumped into black Friday, cyber Monday and we are on our way)!  Personally, I think Christmas season is tooooo polished, tooooooo uplifting, tooooo flat out goood to let it get all screwed up!  Christmas can be soooooo much fun.  I really enjoy Christmas.  Oh ya!

As the advertisement says--Love drama?  Drink at your company's party.  WildWilly says--I have a good Christmas scheme!  It's solid and classy and strong.  It represents what I am.  Joesixpack asks--Should there be any "moral order" at Christmas?  What is moral order anyway?  C.S. Lewis says "moral order" is, "The massive unanimity of the practical reason in man"!  Now that is pretty deep Mr. Lewis! 

Split personality?  I wonder about a friend some.  I don't see her very often as we just don't run in the same circles anymore (i.e. we use to but not anymore--no major reason but things change folks).  She is a nice person I think.  Why I say I think that is 'cause when we visit, she is a very nice gal.  But when she is with her peers, she seems to chance some.  Sooooo is she a phony with me or a phony with her peers.  MagicalHerman says--When you hang around with the wolfs, you become a wolf (i.e. it's magic)!  I don't know.  WorldClassLarry says--Maybe she's a righty-lefty! That is how some folks are with Christmas--They act different when around different folks (i.e. it appears to me).  They can turn different colors like a chameleon!  Ya, some folks can turn it on and turn if off!  Such is life.

MissPerfect says--Christmas is how we view it!  And then how we react to it.  I think Christmas is a very fun time; very uplifting.  I have friends who hate Christmas (i.e. I mean, they can't wait until it's over).  I have friends who like Christmas a little, but but not much!  Different folks have different views about Christmas.  It's like three blind men asked to describe an elephant.  One approached the beast, grabbed its trunk, and exclaimed confidently, "An elephant is long and tubular, capable of great contortions of shape."  The second encountered the elephant, and after placing his hands on the animal's side said, "No, no, an elephant is very broad and leathery, hardly capable to bending at all."  The third man grasped the elephant's tail and remarked with disgust, "You're both wrong.  An elephant is quite thin ans smooth with a wiry brush on the end." 

A little deep folks!  Viewing all thinkings of Christmas as practically true and that none capture the whole truth can lead to viewing truth as relative.  Without the standard of absolute truth, then what is true for you can be different than what is true for me.  Truth becomes based not on fact but on whether or not you believe it.  Saturday question--What is the Truth a.k.a. the zinger of Christmas (i.e. the drum beat of Christmas)?  My answer is--Jesus is the Truth.

This ain't as deep folks.  It's hard to know what to buy dad, grandpa or great grandpa.  I asked these senior guys here in the the desert about that.  They say--I don't want anymore ties (i.e. I don't wear ties) and no more golf balls (i.e. never the right brand).  Give us something useful like underwear; everyone wears and needs underwear.  Soooo I asked them if they would prefer boxer shorts or tighty whities?  And the answer is.....................Depends!

Well, it's time again.  Time to watch National Laphone Christmas.  I just plain enjoy that movie.  It just makes me laugh for sooooo many reasons.  One such reason is that Clark spends his bonus before he gets it (i.e. gets celebrating before he has the money in hand--gets the cart before the horse--spends the money before the check arrives).  In business I use to say--It's not a done deal until the check clears!  Some folks make a lot of noise and then when the smoke clears, the deal falls through.  It happens.  I remember one very large deal that I was involved with that when it went to closing, the purchasing company tried to renegotiate.  Soooo don't count your chickens before they're hatched (i.e. don't expect that big fat Christmas check from dad and ma or grandpa and grandma, you might not get it).  And don't be soooo disappointed if it's not as large as you thought it should be or none at all.  They're not obligated to give you that big fat Christmas check.  Don't get to expecting it.  And for gosh sakes, be appreciative if they do give you one. 

It stinks!  And I'm not talking about the eggnog either!  UppityDuaneTheWorm just inherited his in-law's wealth (i.e. he's rich).  How much is old dead pa and ma worth--nutten, they are dead.  But UppityDuaneTheWorm is going to have a happy Christmas to say the least! Oh ya! It will be a circus and UppityDuaneTheWorm will be the circus master.  Oh ya.  He's the man.  He has always been very arrogant but now with his wealth, well, he's walking on the moon!  Oh the smell of money! Where ever he's going, he's on his way!  CadillacJack says--His shelf life is about...ya, about that long!

More isn't always better!  SusieQ (i.e. she's a little heavy but fighting it) says I love all the food at Christmas but I can't seem to ever stop eating!  I have no discipline.  None.  I usually gain about 10 pounds.  Ouchy ouchy!   More is better, bigger is better, more expensive is better! It must be 'cause they say that in the adds on TV. How many gifts can a kid appreciate anyway?  Missperfect says--My brother-in-lawBobtheleach, loves to receive expensive gifts but gives chintzy ones!  He says he can't afford expensive gifts.  Sooooo how many ridiculous expensive gifts do you think mother-in-laws buy for their son-in-laws that they don't want and never will use?  Yabut it's Christmas.  Ya gotta buy them somethin'!  SusieQ says--erv, why don't you tell us your buck naked feelings!

Maybe we ask the wrong questions? Maybe! Maybe we ask toooo many questions! Maybe! Who needs all the stress that Christmas can bring. I mean, who needs it. I heard a little discussion between the two gals on the Today show. One asked the other--How are you getting along with your family this Christmas season (i.e. family dynamics)? The other replied--Great! Fantastic! Well, some better than others! I truly enjoy family and friends at Christmas.  I realize that much of the pressure is on the women.  But, there can be a lot of pressure on men tooooo.  As WildWillie says--Keep it simple stupid and Christmas is a lot of fun. 

Fake it! CrazyDazy says--See you on the other side of Christmas.  I was talking to a friend a while back and we decided that you can have a great facility with great stuff but if you don't have a charismatic, magnetic attitude that's special, it just ain't going to work.  We were talking about church. You can pretend like you have it and act like you have it but if you don't have that unspoken feeling, it's not convincing.  It's just not there.  That is pretty much the same about Christmas.

Dishwasher!  I was reminded once again at Thanksgiving.  James fills the dishwasher a certain way and Chet does it a certain way.  I try to do it erv's way but they redo it anyway soooooo I just let them do it.  They are sooooo fussy!  They both claim there is only one way to fill the dishwasher--but that's not true.  Just like there is more than one way to get to Wal-Mart even though some folks think there is only one way--their way!  Christmas is sorta kinda that way.  Many different ways to celebrate, worship, share, and enjoy.  Many different emotions and etc.  Oh ya!

Dahhhhhhhhh says--You must change your preparation to change your results of Christmas!  Such is life.

Many folks have different things they like to do at Christmas.  Oh ya!  "Some people watch talent shows or singers.  Others apparently like to see people lose weight and weep. I'll take the sports, thank you."  ~  Scott Van Pelt, ESPN broadcaster, on what people enjoy watching on television. 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Family and friends are the most important in the recipe of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment