December 21, 2013

there are a lot of ways to tell the Christmas truth

Disclaimer:  You might think I'm a regular Christmas nut!  I might be folks!  You shake any family tree and a few nuts fall out!  Some of you think that I'm just different.  I might be!  Saying I'm a normal person compared to others is like saying--I can bench press more than your grandma!

I read John Grisham's new book Sycamore Row.  In it the witnesses tell the truth.  There were different ways they decided to tell the truth.  Some decided for themselves and some were coached by their attorneys.  They told part of the truth, tweaked the truth, embellished the truth, skimmed the truth, they vaguely told the truth, they told the particle truth, they deliberately forgot the truth, the truth was suppressed, the truth was exaggerated, etc.  There are a lot of ways to tell the truth alright.  And they all swore to tell the truth, the whole truth soooo help them God!  Soooo there you go!

I heard it on the news soooooo it must be right that -- The truth of the matter is our society likes to spend.  And we will find a way to do it.  It's Christmas time folks; we got to spend money even if we don't have it.  Hohoho now that's the truth.  MyDeceasedMentor use to say--Sometimes at Christmas, folks spend money they don't have on things they don't need to impress folks they don't like!

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.  Soooo what's the skinny about Christmas?  Joesixpack says--I think it's about the birth of Jesus our Savior.  But there seems to be a lot more to it than that it appears.  It seems like Christmas continues to expand and gets bigger each year (i.e. milk it for all it's worth).  To tell the truth, I wonder what they will come up next.  It seems like it's getting a little out of hand.  How much more (i.e. financially) can the birth of Christ be milked anyway!  The picture is of a house we drive by in Morrison, CO every year.  It just makes me laugh.  "Clark, it is just beautiful!"  Such is life. 

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into The Ritz-Carlton hotel in Phoenix last night. They were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories.  After about an hour, the manager came out of the office, and asked them to disperse.  'But why?' they asked, as they moved off.  'Because,' he said, 'I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer!'

Is it?  It's the most happiest time of the year the song says.  I don't think that is the case for everyone.  There are a lot of ways to tell the truth.  One is to fake it.  I was at the library and heard a gal at the check out.  They asked if she was going to pay her fines.  No, just one.  Then she went on and told the librarian about her two failed marriages and her unemployment and not having any money for Christmas etc.  She left and the librarian was putting something away were I was reading the paper.  I said to her--do you hear stuff like this a lot--oh ya--I don't ever want to have that kind of drama in my life; I just want a simple life; I don't need attention or that drama.  Well folks, that is how I feel about Christmas.  Keep it simple folks.  Keep what is important important.  I will not buy into all that crap.  I won't! End of my thoughts and feelings. But the truth of the matter is that most folks have a lot of activity on their dance card during Christmas season.  BUT folks, it seems like it takes a crow bar to try to pry folks away from this crazy frenzy.  It's crazy to me.  Such if life.


Boelman Shaw Capital Partners asks--If your kids receive money as a holiday gift, will you let them decide what to do with it?  Mr. Boelman a.k.a thebigbear, doesn't a gift come with no strings attached?  Or does it depend on the amount of the $$$$$$?  Okay Mr.MoneyPlanner, at what age should parents not tell their kids what they can do with the money (i.e. strings attached)?  Mr. Boelman, are our kids old enough?  I read in the paper (i.e. sooooo it must be right) that 70% of high-worth families loose control of most of their assets one generation after big wealth transfers, with relatives also squabbling!  My late mentor use to says--On generation makes it, the next generation blows it.  

The Truth of Christmas is easy to state, yet impossible to understand totally. After all, if God were small enough to be understood, He wouldn't be big enough to be worshiped.  The Truth can not be forced on anyone.  It can't.  The Truth is a gift.  All anyone has to do is accept it.  BUT if anyone doesn't want to accept it, they can't have the gift.  Pretty easy!  And you know what, you don't have to get a gift to give back!!!  Huh, interesting. 

Two cows  are standing next to each other in a field.  Daisy says to Dolly, 'I was artificially inseminated this morning.'  'I don't believe you,' says Dolly.  'It's true; no bull!' exclaims Daisy. 

BigMouthSally and KnowItAllAlfred think whatever they say is the the truth.  It ain't folks. They are just trying to soup up their Christmas ride.  It's all fake.  And to add insult to injury!  You can't make something true if it ain't true.  It just ain't going to work.  It just ain't!

Interesting %s to me! I grew up on a farm a mile and a fourth south of Roseland, MN.  I never talked to a black person until I went to college.  I went to church twice on Sundays and many Wednesday nights at the Roseland Reformed Church (i.e. everyone did it, it seemed in our farm community).  Well folks, I just read in the paper sooooo it must be right--30% of the folks in the world are Christians and 30% of the folks in the world are Caucasians (i.e. I'm in a real minority).  According to %s, I'm a real nutty fruit cake!  Huh, interesting.
Stay calm.  EasyJohn says--Remember they said that about WWII as well!  Well folks it's almost Christmas.  Arlene and I wish you and your family warm wishes filled with joy, peace and happiness.  We especially hope that you think about Christ in your life.  We hope you accept Him as your Lord and Savior if you haven't.  And if you have, we hope that you live your life honoring Him.  Those decisions are made by you, not by me, not by your parents, not by your spouse, not by someone on TV, not by your neighbor.  No no, you have the opportunity to make that decision (i.e. and no one can make you). You make the call!  That is what Christmas is all about folks (i.e. WonderingMary asks--Sooooo are your children going to be like you? Do you want them to be like you?)  May God bless you in your decisions and may God touch you like you have never been touched before (i.e. smother you with His love).

Love you guys--Wish I could fix everything in your lives by the snap of my figures.  If I could I would. There are somethings that just can't be fixed and can't be helped.  I read this while eating my oatmeal with half a banana on it--If God won't change the situation, then pray that He will change how I look at the situation.  Merry Christmas from Arlene and I. Joy, peace and forgiveness are the true gifts of Christmas.   Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--The odds are always with you if you keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment