January 18, 2014

distractions

Disclaimer--This "It's Saturday"  might rattle you brain.  You might not want to read it.

Are you guys normal?  Well, normal folks are typical folks.  Joesixpack says--And typical folks are gullible. Gullible folks fall for all kind of sales techniques.  Like get rich schemes, improve your golf game gimmicks, weight loss miracle products, muscle building equipment, deodorants that make you sexy, cars that will get you the babes, cream that will make your skin look 20 years younger in 2 applications etc.  You guys are really easy.  I can almost tell you anything if I can make it look like it will make you something you are not. And for $59.99 I will send along product worth $50 that will make you smarter tooooo.  You're easy folks!  Easy.  "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." - Abraham Lincoln

Being Owly can be a massive huge distraction in life folks!  Joesixpack says--Don't be owly, it takes up tooooo much energy!  Your decision to be owly or not is between you and your brain!  Joesixpack, that sounds like attitude!  LuckieEddie says--Your thoughts create your life.

It is very hard, sometimes, to stay focused on what is important.  There can be sooooo many distractions that can affect us.  Zach Johnson said after winning the Champions Tournament--"I had such peace while playing.  I prayed in the morning that I would have peace if I was winning or I wasn't winning".  I personally am the happiest when there is no stimuli (i.e. complete silence).  It's a very rewarding time for me.  I like to be alone with my thoughts and God.

BigRedNoseSweenFromMN says--My favorite part of winter...is watching it on TV from AZ!  Sween, you need to get more exercise that just bending your elbow!  You become very owly a.k.a. out of sorts after toooo much sauce! And we know what happens to owly guys!!!

SureShotBetty says--While out hiking in Alberta Canada with my husband slimmy and owly Bill, we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere.  She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today! Just one shot to my husband's knee cap was all it took. The bear got him and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace. 

Confidence  My parents, Chester and Anna were just real folks (i.e. good ordinary folks with good hearts, just genuine folks--my kind of folks).  They just died to young.  You could count on them "to tell it like it is".  They had the ability (i.e. in their special way) to put confidene in me.  I really don't know for sure if they knew what they were doing (i.e. intentionally)!  But they just did it.  They didn't take a dive after the opening bell! I would guess they never knew they did that for me.  They died when I was 17 and 23.  Way to young.  I wish I could thank them.

Joesixpack says--Confidence a.k.a. swagger, some folks have it and other folks don't. It seems like ya gotta have something good happen to ya to get it.  It could be a combination of many things or just one "big play".  I have have mention before about my life of two events that really affected my life; one being a night in hs basketball practice when "I couldn't miss anymore" and another getting a part in the jr class play.  And they both just fell in my lap.  Lucky me!  Another big event for me was marring Arlene.  LuckieEddie says--95% of a person's happiness is who they marry.  I wonder soooo many times, why I am sooooo lucky!

Pastor John said Sunday (i.e. sooooo it must be right) that money can affect folks.  It can become a distraction.  He also said--There is nutten wrong with money but it can change us.  Huh, interesting.  He said it can make us arrogant and obnoxious.  Who, what, me?!  It seems like many of the countries in the world think that we of the U.S. are arrogant and obnoxious.  BUT they all seem like they want to be like us and would love to come to the good old U.S.A.  Huh, interesting.  Saturday question--Have any of you really changed 'cause you became wealthy?  CadillacJack says--It's hard not to change when you become wealthy!  Money changes many things!  Could be CadillacJack.  BUT not everyone (i.e. my opinion).

Fun In The Sun retirement community needed a little cement work done soooo they asked the snowbird contractors in the community if they would like to bid on the job.  There were 3 that decided to bid on the project.  A guy from MN bid was $800, $600 for material and $200 for him.  The guy from SD bid was $700, $600 for material and $100 for him.  The guy from NY bid $2,700.  The manager asked how come his bid was soooo high--$1,000 for me, $1,000 for you and we will hire the guy from SD to do the work!

Distractions can lessen happiness! I read in the paper, soooooo it must be right, that happiness can be some what affected by our genes.  It can also be modified by some factors (i.e. we have heard this before folks--nothing new).  Satisfying work matters more than money (i.e. earned success).  Folks after personal tragedies revert to their baseline level of happiness.  Conservative folks are happier than liberals.  Four great sources of happiness within human control are faith, family, friends and work.  Married folks are happier than singles.  Those engaged in religious practices are happier than un-churched.  Men are less happy 'cause of less education (i.e. less satisfaction from work or have no work); less likely to be married and stayed married; less likely to belong to a faith community; and less likely to have close friends.  BUT I would rather be a guy than have to fix my hair everyday, put on makeup, paint my nails, and go shopping all the time!  That is my opinion folks.

Can't get out of the mud!  Have you ever had a day when you just can't get out of the mud? Sooooo how important is a positive attitude?  A optimistic approach to life?  What do you think?  I just read in the paper sooooo it must be right that folks expectations can make a massive huge difference in how they feel after treatment for a migraine.  It's called the placebo effect.  They react to what they are told and then feel that way.  Much of the effect is created by the "dummy pill effect".  It's what they perceive.  Sooooo how important is our attitude?  But my mind did not fall for this statement also in the paper--high-yield savings account @ 0.85%!  Then it said--to feel confident in what's ahead.  That statement didn't make me feel confident folks.  It must be my attitude!!!  MissPerfect says--The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth!

Pickle ball has been fun for me.  We laugh a lot, socialize, and have fun.  I don't think I would enjoy playing tennis here in the parks.  The tennis players seem always mad at each other, fighting over something, never happy, always worried about their rank, demanding, and think they are very important (i.e. sorta kinda bird-brained). They seem to have a lot of brew-has!  In fact, I had a tennis player tell me that when a good player comes into the park, they shun them.  They don't want them to take their position in the rankings.  I don't need to be around those type of folks (i.e. that is my opinion).  Egos can be a big distraction.  Those folks are stuck in the mud (i.e. my opinion).  I tell you what, SpeedyJanFromIN isn't stuck in the mud.  Oh no!  She's sooooo fast that she burnt off the soles of her shoes (i.e. now that is a distraction).  I think she needs to slow down a bit.  I was told that she is the most improved player.  I wonder why!!!!

The art of gentle persuasion!  Giving advice isn't always popular.  LuckyEddie says--I don't read 'em from the Book; I just show 'em the pictures.  Huh, interesting.  Or another way of putting it--Live out the Bible; don't just read it! I read it in the paper soooo  it must be right--Asking questions and listening can help you get your message heard; 95% of the conversation should be about the other person.  Huh, interesting.

I hit through the fairway on hole # 6 and JimTheEngineerFromMI pulled his tee shot on #4 soooo we talked a little.  We both play with guys in our group who are legally blind.  They both have great attitudes.  Just amazing.  Al, who I play with says most of his vision is just fuzzy but once in a while he can see his shot if the sun light is just right.  We stand by the flag, help him where to aim, and tell him where the problems are (i.e. unless he beating us, then we don't).  He's 75 and plays remarkably well (i.e. shot a 4 over par 39 this week).  He's played golf for 60 years.  To celebrate the 60 years, he just bought 2 new sets of clubs (i.e. Tour Edges; nice ones $500 a set nice--his wife didn't like it he said).  One for AZ and one for ND.  He was telling me that he doesn't drive which is real hard on him but still has a drivers license.  How can you have a drivers license when you can's see.  The folks help me when I take the vision test--they say, are you sure it's on the left?  I then say, I think it's on the right.  Bingo, he gets a license.  He did tell me that not being able to see is a distraction.  He has had 18 surgeries on his eyes.  Miracles of medicine folks.


OldconservativeretiredFrankinAZ a.k.a. a crotchety old coot from IA says to the dentist--Doc, I don't want no fancy xrays, no gas or needles, not painkillers, just yank the tooth out and get it done.  Well, I wish more of my patients were that brave.  Which tooth is it?  Show 'em your tooth Bertha!

I like those worst-to-first stories!  It seems that in most of those worst-to-first stories, folks seem to get rid of the past distractions and focus on future.  ItchieBitchie says--Most folks who live the worst-to-worst stories, lack self-belief and mental toughness. It appears that many of those worst-to-first stories, folks have "quality thoughts".  It seems like you have to put out some effort.  Ya just can't sit on the couch and eat chips!  SusieQ says-- Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you are tired.

The Hohokam Indians were native to this area (i.e. Valley of the Sun).  They laid 1,000 miles of irrigation canals in the Salt River Valley, which eventually supported enough fields to feed about 40,00 people..  Interesting is that those same canal routes are used today for the bulk of the water for the Valley.  The Hohokam Indians disappeared.  They don't know what really happen to them.  Maybe they got distracted!!!  Huh, interesting.


Tears can be a distraction for some folks!  PamTheFox (i.e. that is not FoxyPam) says--Tears are hard to interpret because any feelings of strong emotion can produce them. There are tears of anger, tears of fear, tears of pain, tears of grief, tears of relief, and tears of joy.  Tears are a distraction to many folks.  Many folks stay away from folks who are crying (i.e. I don't want to get involved).  ItchieBitchie says--a great gift is to let someone cry on your shoulder.  Let them get their emotions out.  Even better, cry with them.  I had just this opportunity to do this with Bruce this week.  I was watching a football game one evening and thought about Bruce (i.e. haven't had any communication with him for maybe 6 months) who lost his wife to cancer about a year ago.  I text him and told him I was thinking of him and asked how he was doing.  He shared his emotions with me.  



Keep it simple stupid!  I read this while eating my oatmeal with half a banana on it--Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. It's in red sooooo it must be extra important.  The footnote says--Like a little child, with total dependence, full trust, frank openness and complete sincerity.  Huh, interesting.  Saturday question--Do you think we make things tooooo complicated sometimes and they become a distraction?  

Problems are just opportunities!  That is what my best friend says a lot.  He's an entrepreneur (i.e. 100% entrepreneur)!  Jim Mathis says--One of the main reasons I have always been an entrepreneur because I enjoy solving problems. When you have your own business, life is a continual series of problems to be solved. Perhaps some people fail as entrepreneurs because rather than finding motivation and challenge in solving problems, they choose to regard them as annoying disturbances (i.e. distractions) and obstacles blocking the realization of their dreams.  Huh, interesting.

Now you have heard everything I have to say.  What % do  you believe? 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment