September 19, 2015

murky water

I am going to tell you all I know in this "It's Saturday." Yessiree! Don't worry, it won't take long!  

I told myfriendSteve (i.e. anybody can be a Steve) the other day--Most of the time I"m pretty comfortable with life and in my situation of life (i.e. most of the time).  We have a lot of limitations which alters my life style but life is okay.  Life isn't really murky to me.  I think I see it as it is.  Does that make any sense to any of you?  Several years ago, I was trying to mentor a lad who had a bad family situation.  I told him that life isn't always fair (i.e. the only thing that is fair is the Butler County Fair and that's in June).  He said to me--erv, life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what your are going to get.  I put a lot of effort and time into this kid but don't really know if I made any difference in his life.  I guess I will never know now will I. Such is life.


This week I solved maybe a 50 year old riddle I had about my life.  Amazing!  How? A newspaper story solved it for me. I guess it showed me to look at it from a different perspective and bingo, it wasn't murky anymore!  There was the answer.  A very positive answer at that.  

In William Shakespeare's classic literary work, Hamlet, he includes the famous words, "To be, or not to be - that is the question: Whether is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles...." Through these, Shakespeare states, we see the essence of simply being. Living life as it is.  Such is life.


I like real folks with good hearts.  If folks mess up and make mistakes, I can accept that. I can accept folks who disagree with me.  But I don’t much care for the DuaneTheWorm type of folks that will say and do anything that will make themselves look better (i.e. murky).  My opinion is that many politicians seem to be DuaneTheWorm type of folks (i.e. it might appear that is the way to get elected). MissPerfect says-- I think the AverageJoes want someone to be real (e.g. a person who is a honest turn-the-,,,ship-around person).  Some politicians say—Everyone should have a nice house and everyone should have everything that everyone else has.  They don’t say how they are going to get folks that stuff but they say statements like that for votes (i.e. I think most normal folks are starting to catch on).  Maybe those certain politicians are real folks (i.e. real in that they are not real).  They are just murky, real murky! SmartAleckSam says--Can't we find some middle ground and go forward (e.g. compromise). 

SusieQ says--Ya can preach all you want but if you don't practice what you preach, you are just wasting your time (i.e. making the water murky).  I read in the paper, sooooo it must be right) that what people say (i.e. words) is only 7% of the communication.  The folks that leaders are trying to lead have to buy into the goals of the project, and they have to feel they were contributing to the overall success of reaching those goals. If they don't buy into the leader for what ever reason, the person is not a leader and probably won't have much success.  CadillacJack says--Look around, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.  Will Rogers said--If you’re riding ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it’s still there.  

GeorgeTheCrook says--We have limitations in our natures.  Some folks are epistemological: reason is weak and the world is complex.  We cannot really grasp the complexity of the world or the full truth about ourselves (e.g. morals and social). CrazyMarvin says—We are humans, thats why. ItchieBitchie says--Maybe we need one foot in in the world of achievement but another foot in a counterculture that is in tension with the achievement ethos. I read this while eating my oatmeal with half a banana on it--When a person gives a poor man shoes, does he do it for the poor man or for God?  The poor will often be ungrateful, and you will lose heart if you rely on immediate emotional rewards for your work (i.e. our minds get murky).  But if you do it for God, you will never grow discouraged (i.e. our minds will stay clear).  Huh, interesting.

This isn't murky murky.  LuckieEddie says--It's straight up!  ~  The things that lead us astray are short term—lust, fear, vanity, gluttony.  The things we call character endure over the long term—courage, honest, humility. LuckieEddie, that makes DuaneTheWorm short term.  He could be the champion short term guy.  If not, very close I would guess. This guy is good!

This is murky murky! An elderly couple had just  learned how to send text messages on their cell  phones. The wife was  a romantic type and the husband was more of a no-nonsense guy. One afternoon the wife went out to meet a friend for coffee. She  decided to send her husband a romantic text message and she wrote: "If you  are sleeping, send me your dreams. If you are laughing, send me your smile. If you are eating, send me a bite. If you are drinking, send me a  sip. If you are crying, send me your tears. I love you. The  husband texted back to her: "I am taking a shit.  Please advise."


Hats off to Red Cross blood donation folks.  They sent me a thank you for giving blood (i.e. nutten new) but they also sent along a questionnaire asking help in seeing how they are doing in providing service to us.  Now that is wearing a bigboypants (i.e. my opinion).  We went to eat at TX Road House the other night.  All the greeters who take folks to their tables asked the patrons how their experience was the last time the ate at the TX Roadhouse.  Papa Murphy must think impute of their patrons is important as they will give you free bread (i.e. in AZ $2 off your next pizza) if you call and answer a few questions about their service and product. Why do you think they do this?  Da!  They want us to come back sooooo they can make money off us.  If we are not happy, we won’t come back but will take our $$$$ elsewhere.  I think the good old boy mentality organizations won’t do that.  Why?  Don’t want to disrupt the “gravey train “ a.k.a. good old boy mentality.  Maybe churches should do this—the questionnaire thing.  What do you think?  Maybe some do.  Could be. ItchieBitchie says—It’s sooooo easy to be average and just let the old dog sleep.  It’s toooo much work to make a major change.  Besides, those in the good old boy system probably have it made and don’t want any chances.  Don’t want to make the water murky.

I read it in the paper sooooo it must be right that "U of I hired Ex-IBM exec Bruce Harreld as president "to shake up the culture of the institution"...the Board of Regents picked Harreld over more traditional candidates (i.e. from within the educational system) unanimously...the selection, the Regents says, sends the message "the current status quo is unacceptable". ...faculty is not happy.  Maybe, just maybe how business operates and how education operates might be different (i.e. that might scare some faculty). If there is an old boy mentality, it might be threatened.  I have no idea if there is an old boy mentality there.  I only know what I read in the paper. But it would appear there is a reason why faculty is sooo excited. That will make the water murky!!! Most everyone thinks--How is this going to affect my butt (i.e. $$$ self-interest). That is pretty normal folks. Such is life.


This is our hs football field
This friend was the chief field painter
This is rather murky folks.  A friend told me that Aplington-Parkersburg (i.e . our high school) beat E. Marshall 56-7, EM beat BCLUW 55-18, BCLUW beat GMG 13-0 and GMG beat N. Tama 22-16. I wonder what the score would be then if we would play N. Tama?  Huh, interesting.  


LuckieEddie says--People say that religion is a crutch (i.e. for sissies). But there are times in all our lives where our circumstances (e.g. storms and speed bumps) cripple us and in those times, I'd much rather have God to lean on than any number of less savory alternatives (e.g. the folks at the Wild Horse Bar). Jesus isn't murky to little kids (i.e. very clear)--During His life, Jesus had many arguments with sinners like the Pharisees and the Republicans. Jesus also had twelve opossums. The worst one was Judas Asparagus. Judas was so evil that they named a terrible vegetable after him. Jesus was a great man. He healed many leopards and even preached to some folks from Micigain on the Mount. But the Democrats and all those guys put Jesus on trial before Pontius the Pilot of American Airlines. Pontius the Pilot didn't stick up for Jesus. He just washed his hands instead and said he couldn't fly.
  Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans.

erv

MyFriendJean says--We give advice by the bucket but take it by the grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment