June 4, 2016

a story maybe

Do I believe what MouthyJune says?  Well, maybe, but I really don't know! She makes me scratch my head. I totally don’t know what to think of what she says.  She does have a big mouth folks.  Her big mouth surely can make the highlight real! Yaaaasssaaa!

AnyTownUSA.  You can go to any town and find a coffee shop where folks are telling stories--some true, some not true and some partly true.  It happens every day.  Some times some folks just make up stories and others just believe them and pass them on.  It has been known to happen.  MissPerfect says--Not in our town or our coffee shop!  Ya right!

When in AZ last winter I was up  in 'em 'er mts and stumbled across a grave that had this on the headstone--Here lies Lester Moore 4 slugs from a 44 No Les. No More. There are many half-truths and rumors in 'em 'er mts that grow into legends. Lies spread. Facts die. Folks like stories that are juicy (i.e. the juicer the better).  The good stories are for ever retold.  Do you believe this story I told you?  Maybe I was just being a scalawag.  You will never know now will you!  Such is life.

ItchieBitchie says--Every "someday" needs an idea. This guy might be just telling me a story but...a pickle ball buddy said to me before we left  AZ this spring--erv, I'm going to lose 30 pounds over the winter and come back next winter and compete with you.  Folks, that's 3 bags of 10#s of potatoes.  That is a lot of potatoes to carry around on the court.  I bet that is a drag, maybe.  It makes me tired just thinking about it.

I enjoy reading about the Old West. Maybe this is a story maybe but I think not.  I read in a book about the west, The West That Was that there were many prostitutes in the wild west (i.e. the oldest profession of all time).  The prostitutes were liked by a lot of guys but were not respected.  It also said this about Frontier Ministers--And as a parishioner said, "When he had finished, I feel lifted up and, at the same time, ashamed of myself."  I really don't think much has changed folks. The good ones still do the same (i.e. my opinion).,

Talk about prostitutes in the old west!  I read in the Denver Post, sooooo it must be right--When the Gold Rush was going on in CO, a writer for one of the large newspaper from the East wanted to come and write a story about it.  The local Chamber of Commerce (i.e. the saloon owners, prostitutes, and the suppliers) told them they would help him with getting the information he wanted.  They staged his visit by hiring the best bullshitters available, and planted gold in the creeks soooo he would find gold when panning etc.  He went back East and published an article that basically said--Gold is all over; anyone can get rich.  Well, many many guys came to CO.  The only ones who got rich were the suppliers, saloon owners and the prostitutes!


We are all "a kid from somewhere!" I got new information from the "best Warren from Omaha." He said--erv, Did you know there are now three "Warrens" in Omaha, ---ie: The famous Warren Buffett, "the other Warren" and now a third one ---- a new resident of the Omaha Zoo, a male elephant from Africa, and they named him "Warren". FYI ~ ANYWAY we are all a kid form somewhere and we all have a story.  Some crazy, some sad, some happy, some unbelievable, some that have never been exposed, some that make us smile, some that make us cry etc.  We all have a story. We are all "a kid from somewhere."

Kids tell unbelievable stories. Teacher have heard about every story why a student doesn’t have their homework done. Law officers have heard many stories why a person is speeding. Stories stories stories. Some folks can tell a story and it is very convincing and another person can tell the same story and it’s not convincing at all.  Some stories are soooo interesting and others are not.  And then there are suckers who believe “scam stories.”  MissPerfect asks--Sooooo how does a person know which stories are true and which ones are not? When kids go to bed we read them a story from a story book.  I read books that are fiction.  Some are really good stories (i.e. very entertaining). Do you believe the major story of the Bible? The story about Jesus being our Savior (i.e. who ever believes in Him will have eternal life).  That is quite a story.  For some, it seems unbelievable.  For others, it is accepted. Do you believe all the other stories of the Bible? There are quite some stories all right.  Some are brutal, some are miraculous, some are crazy, some make you happy and some make you sad.  Some seem fair and some seem like they are unfair. Soooo do you believe in them literally or are they just stories? The Bible says there is only one way a person can go to heaven.  Do you believe that? I do.

I was mowing the grass (i.e. I mow it, you might cut it) last Saturday when a longtime family friend stopped to visit.  His main purpose was to see how Arlene is doing (i.e. that was really nice). We had a long visit about past, about his current life etc.  He helps a large farmer in the spring and the fall and then goes to Big Winne Lake for the summer to fish for muskies.  Here is a good story he told me—When I first started going up north, I prayed to the Lord that I would like 2 years and I would be happy. Well, that was 14 years ago. I have really been blessed--You are one lucky guy—I realize it and am very thankful. Last Saturday I ran in a local 5k. I’m not a runner compared to many but do run, just not that fast (i.e. a senior lady tells me that I just prance around town—soooo now you got it). I enjoy the atmosphere of running with all those young folks; it's fun for me.  A friend (i.e. about my age) and I both agree that we are soooo fortunate to be able to run.  When I ran Saturday I said thank you several times.  Lord, I will take 14 more years!

I texted Heather, our daughter who is a runner, how I good run faster in our local 5k.  She texted me back and said--Dad, I think your only hope is for you to cut through some alley to shorten the run! After my run I texted her--I cut through the alley! They caught me. Fined me $1,000 and sanctioned me so I can't run the next 10 years! Folks, that is a story maybe; I don't want any of you spreading the story that I cheated!!!!

I almost didn’t run in the 5k.  Maybe a month ago I was having breakfast with a friend (i.e. a runner).  He asked me if I was going to run.  I told him I didn’t know; I don’t run fast anymore—sooo erv, what is your motive in running?  We had a nice discussion about that.  It reminded me again, what is my motive in doing anything I do?  What is your motive for your actions?  Really? I have to admit that I get my motives messed up sometimes.  My friend made me rethink my motives.  That is a good friend (i.e. a Grade A friend).

Joesixpack gives me the feel of the "luka!” Oh ya! I’m not saying I question what Joesixpack says but half of what he says isn’t true and the other half I don’t believe. But the rest of what he says is maybe true! Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--A man never got lost on a straight road--Abraham Lincoln

P.S. When running in that 5k there were two gals in there late 20s all decked out in some real fine running garb.  They started out about 25 yards ahead of me.  They ran really slow I thought.  I never did pass them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment