May 28, 2016

mindfulness

Have you ever want to give someone " a peace of your mind?"  You just want to straighten them out! Maybe I might be one of those folks you want to give "a piece of your mind" to! If soooooo, you are wasting your time and energy.  I admit right upfront that you might be right and I might be wrong, soooo don't excited (i.e. I even question myself if I know what is right and and wrong sometimes).  I realize that most of you are a lot smarter than I am--I'm just a little old farm boy from a mile and south of Roseland, MN.  I don't declare I know much.  I'm very mindful of that.  Sooooo there.

In negotiating, my Daddy, Chester, would say to me--erv, if you don't care if you win or loose, you are a much better negotiator.  Soooooo I really don't care if you believe me or not.  That takes a lot of pressure off of me doesn't it. You don't have to believe a word I say (i.e. if anything I write bothers you, just shake it off and rub some dirt on it--just consider the source). AverageJoe says--Let's be realistic, there are very few folks who agree on  anything--Some never agree with anyone about anything! Such is life.

Recently while eating my oatmeal with half a banana on it, this is what I read by Susan Herick--There has been a movement lately promoting “mindfulness” as a way to relieve stress and be more focused. Employees at Google undertake mindfulness training, college students learn it through meditation practise, and in Christian churches it is taught through reflective journaling. Mindfulness is being aware of your thoughts and actions, as they occur. It is being attentive to your experiences and surroundings. Of course, this is not new. Brother Lawrence, a seventeenth-century monk, called it practicing the presence of God.

A guy told me that his brother was always inconsiderate of others (i.e. had no concern for others).  He was not mindful of others.  Saturday question--Why do some folks have more mindfulness than others?

They advertise about the amount of dark data businesses have in their cloud and how they can help you use it to your advantage.  ItchieBitchie says--We all have a lot of dark data in our cloud that is just there, maybe never will ever be used.  Unless, somehow we can put that dark data to use.  How can we do that do you think? An acquaintance told me he almost died over the winter--what happened--blood clots in my lungs--wow--doctors kept telling me that I was really lucky to be alive--he said I understand--they said, no you don't know how lucky you are to be alive--erv, believe me, I gave thanks and it wasn't to my lucky stars--sooo why did you get those blood clots--don't know but I sit in front of the computer during the winter about 8 hours a day--that could be part of it--sooo are you now on a diet and exercise program--ya ya, but I already lost 50 pounds before the clots--how much did you weight when you started--330+.  The dark data might reveal that we all need to do what we can to take care of ourselves as best we can.

Just a suggestion! I was about 10 feet from a lady recently who had some real strong perfume on (i.e. has a voracious appetite to smell good)!  I don't know if it was cheap perfume or expensive perfume as the only way I can tell is to look at price. But I was hoping there was no open flame around or we could have an explosion! ANYWAY it must really turn on her husband (i.e. the more the better) or she had to out smell the other women she's around or she really has bad body odor or maybe she had the can of bathroom air fresher pointed the wrong way.  I have a friend who has asthma quite bad.  If she is around the smell of perfume she goes into a sever asthmatic attack. Be mindful of others "hip hop perfume ladies."

BillTheWildRabbit says--You every fall asleep; don't pay attention as much (i.e. lose your focus) 'cause you are bored? I have a tendency to get bored quite easily.  I like new stuff, new adventure, new discussion, new stimuli, a new challenge, new folks etc.  The same old stuff just doesn't do it for me. Joesixpack says--Yabut some folks can go to coffee with the same folks every day and talk about the same stuff and are very happy.  I realize that LuckieEddie, but I'm not one of them. I'm not stimulated with that.  They are probably just as happy or happier than I am. Maybe I'm just the BigStope. Could be but I just like new experiences.  I get antsy doing the same stuff all the time.  Such is life.

At coffee one morning Leon said, "lately I shake so bad I can't put my ball on the tee." Then John said, "sometimes I am so stiff I have to get down on my hands and knees to take my ball from the cup." I said, "last week I was in Alexandria. Some friends and I played a round at Arrowood, On my way home I realized I had forgotten my clubs in the other guy's car. I tried to call him but he had forgotten to turn his phone on. So he hauled my clubs 80 miles north while I was going 80 miles south. The next day he FedExed them to me.

Last winter I had a PickleballBuddy tell me--His father was an alcoholic and also had a very bad temper (i.e. not a good combination).  He said--I had a very ugly family; very ugly. He told me that his mother was abused and also the children.  They were scared shitless of their father.  He told me that as a young man he had a very bad temper as well. He either acquired it from his genes or acquired it from his environment (i.e. programed by his past).  ANYWAY I told him it doesn't appear he has a temper now. He said he has learned to change (i.e. had to be mindful of it).  How come?  A bad temper is not socially acceptable.  My temper was like a rush that started to go through my body that I couldn't contain (i.e. an antsy feeling).  I learned I had to contain myself when I started feeling that way.  It was very difficult.  I had to work at it and be mindful of my temper for 7-8 years before I sorta kinda got rid of it. It was not easy and still isn't. Are you a happier person?  Oh ya, very much. CrazyMarvin says--Anger can quietly devastate relationships in business and in life.

I am mindful that not everything is as good as it looks or as bad as it looks (i.e. a comment my mentor would say to me occasionally).  I was in a group setting when a couple of folks said--I'm soooo impressed with "soandso" as what he is doing.  They were impressed.  I'm not. I think it's strange as to what he is doing. Something doesn't add up to me. I'm not impressed.  I think there is more to the story than what meets the eye (i.e. my opinion). LuckieEddie says-- Different folks impress different folks. Some might be impressed with BullshitKeith and others are not. Others might be impressed with "Ethelthequeenofsocialcliques" and others are not.  Such is life.

I know a kid down the street. I think he's a 6th grader.  He always tells me that he wants to go into the military.  The other day he was walking home from school past our house and we visited.  I asked him if he still wants to go into the military.  No, I think I want to get a smart phone and be a professional gambler on the sport games.  I see on TV that people make a lot of money and it's soooo easy (i.e. the American dream)!

A service story that reminds me that we do business with those who are easy go to do business with (i.e. called customer friendly). Sooo I called a golf course and asked if they could regrip a club in the morning while I run some errands--sure--sooo I get there and the guy says, Jake is not here right now--sooo when will Jake be in--maybe Tuesday or Wednesday or Friday--thank you--soooo I go to Golf Headquarters and some young kid puts a new grip on it in 5 minutes. Crazy huh. Soooo what does that tell ya? Where will I do business in the future?  Does any of this make any sense to ya? Maybe, just maybe, we need to be mindful of folks' wants and needs.  Just maybe. 


LukeMistier says--This is not worth the time nor the energy I’m spending on it. I need to move on. I'm antsy. This is going nowhere fast. It's time to bite the bullet. I need to quite throwing good money after bad. I need to just rub some dirt on it and move on. It's toast. Stick a fork in it; it's done folks. OneSmartGuy says--LukeMeister, you are right on the money. LukeMeister is "big time" folks when he knows when it's time to move on. That is a way big deal I have been told. CadillacJack says--It seems there are a lot of folks who don't realize that it's not working and keep trying to force a square peg in a round hole.  Ya, I agree CadillacJack, it's time to realize that it's time to move on.

I heard Joesixpack talk about his buddy SilverTongueSandy. He said--SilverTongueSandy wears a very expensive watch but apparently it doesn't tell her when it is time to shut up! I don't have a very expensive watch but I'm antsy; it's time to shut up and move on before someone gives me a piece of their mind!  Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--When we get too busy to think of others, we are too busy.

P.S. The choice is yours!  "Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. ~ Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment