February 25, 2017

uh-huh

We are on our way to CO to see Heather, James, Erin and Jimmer. Right now we are in York, NE (i.e. stayed last night--just missed being in a 15 car/truck pile up; terrilbe roads). Then on to AZ.  An opportunity for us! Uh-huh! You guys like opportunities?  Well, at the end of this “It’s Saturday” there will be an opportunity for you. Uh-huh!

A guy said to me the other day—erv, it seems like you are becoming more laid back!  I try to be but my old self pokes it’s head out sometimes.  I try to feel loose; just try to be free flowing.  I don’t want to miss the big picture and dwell on the little stuff which is of soooooo little importance (i.e. a friend calls it first world problems). Listen folks, I can’t change folks who have been radically affected by their environment to a point that humanly they are almost impossible to change; soooo I don’t try—you can’t win a pissing match with a skunk; it’s a waste of time to try.  I don’t want to waste all that energy (i.e. muddies my life) with radicalized folks who seek to demonize me even though there is hard evidence (i.e. whatever that is) or convincing logic to the contrary. GeorgeTheCrook says--You don’t have a talk with radicalized folks; they talk and you listen!  BUT I pray to God, in some cases, that God would sic the Holy Spirit on some folks (e.g. that they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior).  The Holy Spirit (i.e. same as God) is Godly  and all powerful.  The Holy Spirit can change folks (i.e. in some cases even when they don’t want to be changed). Read about Paul who previously was Saul (i.e. even changed his name).  Uh-huh. FastFredie (i.e. who looks like a Chicago pizza) says--When things like that happen, a person finds themselves at a loss of words!

Oh my goodness!  We are going to do something that we enjoy (i.e. being around family).  Erin saved her Valentine money and Jimmer bought a Tie fighter with his. I haven’t talked about money for a long time.  Usually it gets me in trouble ‘cause we all manage our money differently and most think their way is the best (i.e. savers, spenders, and moderates).  Saturday question—How did you learn to manage your money?  A friend told us ping pong guys that he has a cousin who is a pool hustler.  He would go to the bar on the day the John Deere workers got paid.  He played so so until maybe a $1,000 was bet and then he could really play.  I guess he had to run out the back door really fast a few times!  A golf buddy/friend told us on the course last summer that when he was in the service, many guys would get paid and spend their money on booze and gambling (i.e. lose it many times in one day).  He would stay back and polish boots of his buddies, of course for a handsome fee.  He made money; he was a regular entrepreneur already back then.  Here is another story about the little old farm boy from IA, that he told us on hole #6 (i.e. in his own words—right from the horse’s mouth) -- I was in mortar  platoon with base camp on side hill in trees. .Captain drove out to check camp . ..his driver couldn't back jeep with trailer out of trees.and was afraid he was going to tip it over. ..Captain wanted to know if anyone could back it out...I was only one that raised their hand. ..I backed it out and he told me to stay in the seat. ..after that I was his driver for 3 years. ..not sure what happened to his original driver...not embellished just lucky to have a jeep under me for three years – and as they say, the rest is history!

After USC lost 51-0 to Notre Dame, his post-game message to his team was, "All those who need showers, take them." -  John McKay / USC  ~  In basketball, players create space for their shots; they drive, stop, back step and then shot.  It works folks.  No question.  In life, many folks create space for their shot? Folks, I must admit, much of the good stuff that has happened to me, just fell in my lap; I have no idea why.  BUT rumor has it, it helps being around good folks (i.e. you guys).  Uh-huh!

LuckieEddie says--Entrepreneurs are the only people who will work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week. RichieRich says--I tried to talk my friends into starting a business, but I soon learned it’s mostly a waste of breath. Not because my advice wasn’t good, but simply because those people just aren’t cut out for this life. And there’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, it’s perfectly normal.  Missperfect says--I was an overnight success all right, but 30 years is a long, long night. Warren Buffet says--Investing is simple, but it’s not easy.' And it’s true. You can put all your money in index funds. That’s simple. Then you have to do nothing. That’s hard.

SOMETHINGNEWFOLKS—Great opportunity for me and maybe you.  I realize that many of you folks don’t like something new.  You are the same folks who said you would not ever have a computer, an email account, a Facebook account, a credit card, direct deposit of your check, electric windows on your car, a smart phone, a Garmin, use iTunes, a DVD player, use Bluetooth, buy something on line or stream a basketball game of your grand kid.  Soooooo it is just one more thing you can do.  I hope this opportunity is fun.  I hope you try it and learn something new.  You can do it.  Yes you can.  You are much more capable than you think you are.  Besides, it’s good for the mind to learn something new.  Uh-huh!

This opportunity sorta kinda just fell into my lap.  It started with this article in the paper.  A new acquaintance (i.e. an employee of this company) who is a genus suggested it to me and challenged me and helped me.  I thought through it and want to try it.  It has been a challenge, a learning experience and an exciting opportunity for me.  Yes, I have learned a lot and am still learning.  I have enjoyed it.  Uh-huh!

OK, HERE It IS!  I am going to podcast.  I will be having conversations with different folks who I call "unique successful people." At this time I don’t know how often I will do it. I will see how it goes.  It will be in my blog when I do a new podcast. I’m sorta kinda feeling my way with this. I have “testedthemarket” sorta kinda by asking a very few of you your opinion.  You have encouraged me to go forward.  There appears to be nutten to lose! 

If you just want to listen to my podcast, just click on the link.  You can also download it to your smart phone (i.e. listen to it using the Bluetooth in your car or while walking etc.).  Some of you will have to learn how to do this (i.e. it’s a new opportunity). You older folks, ask your grandkids!! ha ha. 

Thanksamillion for giving it a try. If you enjoyed listening and feel that others would get something out of the conversation, please share it on any of the social media platforms you like to use. And if you could give the podcast a positive review or rating on iTunes or elsewhere that may help others find us as well.

Sometimes things don’t work out as you have planned or hoped for.  Soooooo we will see how this podcasting goes.  As a friend told me recently—I don’t know if I made a good decision or not; time will tell (i.e. very few if any decisions are a safe bet). I am interested in your responses.  I’m open for suggestions and comments.

My friend told me this story of things not working out as planned.  Maybe you can relate to it.
Expectations were high for the 2016-17 basketball season. You might say, they thought they had it all figured out.  In the previous season the team had played several underclassmen.  With a year of experience under their belt they would be much better this year. In addition, they had a transfer coming in as a sophomore.  They only graduated two seniors and the junior class was one of their best collective recruited classes. Unfortunately, the unexpected happened multiple times and derailed the season.  Two of the freshman decided not to return for their sophomore seasons and the transfer that was coming in was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease that would prevent him from playing.  The 2016-17 junior class had an all conference post player that scored his 1000th point in the last game before Christmas break and over break got in some trouble that got him kicked out of school.  Another junior suffered a career ending knee injury just after Christmas break. He to was a 1000 point scorer. The senior class was down to just two and only one of them played meaningful minutes. A two year starter had hip problems at the at the end of his junior season that required surgery in the off-season. He decided not to play his senior year. They thought they had it all figured out and instead they spent the entire season trying to figure it out.  

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv


MyFriendJean says--You only live once--but if you work it right once is enough.

P.S “Those with a greater purpose are more successful than those who want a better car.” - Robert Herjavec, Shark Tank

No comments:

Post a Comment