February 9, 2019

Waltzing Matilda

Some of you might think that this “It’ Saturday” is all bun and no beef!  And to top it off, CrazyMarvin says—And erv, you probably actually believe what you write! Well, ItchieBitchie, in my defense, says—Competence, like truth, beauty, a beefy “It’s Saturday,” and contact lenses, is in the eye of the beholder.  

Yes-siree-Bob! A friend a.k.a JoeTheHike who I met in AZ but is from MN, called recently.  He told me that he can’t do a fourth of what he could when we did a lot of hiking up’erin’emmountains in AZ a few years ago!  How come; you have health issues—no, got those straightened out but the medications have side effects.  I had another friend call from FL and said many of his friends are falling apart (i.e. a lot of health issues).  BUT with the many new health procedures, folks can live for a long time (i.e. but to keep Matilda waltzing, it is expensive). 

I have a unique college friend who tells me that he is a terrible driver; I really am erv. I have been pulled over several times (i.e. I’m all over the road) and the officers put their heads in the car as they think I have been drinking; I even had to do the field sobriety test once.  Well Waltzing Matilda!  By the way, my friend bought me breakfast the other day.  I asked him how much money he has in his fancy money clip—I usually carry 2 to 3 thousand!  He is one unique guy who I really like; he is very straight forward and not a bit phony.  He really makes me laugh. He has had a lot success in business.  He is a very hard worker and also very smart (i.e. a good combination).  ANYWAY, An Wang, a Chinese-American computer scientist who helped develop magnetic core memory, said, “Success is more a function of consistent common sense than it is of genius.”  ~  Cautious ridder – to her reckless dear – let’s have less bull – and a little more steer. Burma Shave  ~  I told my friend that we usually remember folks by some crazy things—One memory I will always remember you by my friend is by your money clip!  ha ha

I had really no idea about the song Waltzing Matilda until I researched it.  I found it very interesting.  I find that “oh soooo interesting” that what the song is all about is way different than I ever thought.  I think that feeling is the same about many things; we just don’t know.  We might say a word or phrase, but we don’t know what it means.  Sooooo anyway, Waltzing Matilda!  Do you know that the idiom, No-siree-Bob means?  Bob is an euphemism for “God. I realize that all of you probably know this information, except for one of you and I know who the one it!  I’m the one but you got to remember that I’m just a little ol’ farm boy from a mile and a fourth south or Roseland, MN. 

Recently I communicated with our kids (i.e. sent them something that I thought was interesting about myself).  One of them sorta kinda corrected me; basically, saying I didn’t read the other communication correctly (i.e. I didn’t); I didn’t read it accurately and as a result I didn’t get the whole message; soooo I really just screwed up!  I told her/them—I don’t have it all together! I was an idiot! I have quirks!  Are you ever just not with it?  Not focused 100%? This came from the paper soooo it must be right--Quarterback Kirk Cousins has a brain coach who helps him sharpen his focus. During the 2016 off-season, for example, Kirk watched every Star Wars movie with EEG monitors attached to his head. If his brain lost focus, the movie would shut down. To enjoy the film, Cousins had to stay focused on it. In so doing, he was training his mind to stay “in the zone.” Well Waltzing Matilda! If I did that, I would never get through the first movie!  Such is life.

I really learned, no relearned a fact the other day. I didn’t’ research it or wasn’t even thinking about it.  It just fell into my lap.  ANYWAY, a couple of folks said, without knowing it, that folks and myself are not near as important as we think we are. They told me this through life situations that surely showed it. It was a good reminder to me (i.e. it rehumbled me and rejumbled me).  SpookyOllie says--Sooooo folks, don’t take yourself soooooo serious; most folks really don’t care that much about you; they are tooooo busy thinking about themselves.  SpookyOllie lived in the next room in the dorm at good ol’ Northwestern College.  His name was Ollie Watamaker and I think from Chicago.  We called him “scant back” as he was a little guy who really could run fast and was a running back on the football team. He was black and was very scared of ghosts.  We use to play tricks on him.  He loved it.  He was a fun guy. I was reminded of him when I read Huck Finn (i.e. Jim was scared of ghosts). He might have only stayed in school for a semester or soooo.  Isn’t that interesting how we remember folks from our past!  He was the first black person that I really had any contact with.

TrickieRickie says--The way you think determines the way you feel, and the way you feel determines the way you act. If you want to change the way you act, you start by changing the way you think. In addition, if you want to change the way you feel, you must start with the way you think. Let me sum it up this way: You are not what you think you are; rather, what you think, you are.  I realize that some of you won’t understand that and others will.  Such is life.

I think this is a “practical application.”  This is not me talking or giving this suggestion.  I just heard it and think it applies to me soooo many of you might find some use for it (i.e. I'm just borrowing it). But I really have no idea.  Most folks know what they don’t want or they don’t like but if you ask them exactly what they want, they hesitate. Maybe we don’t know what we want, specifically (i.e. we don’t quantify and identify exactly want we want out of life). Example: A person says--I want to be a good person but being a good person to one person is way different than to another.  Soooo what do you want realistically and specifically?  And when you write it down, your chances of getting it increases astronomically.  Ok folks, you take it from here.  I suggest you try one small project and see how it goes. Very few folks can and will do it (i.e. statistics show that).  But the more successful folks do that and accomplish much more (i.e. statistics show that).  Huh, interesting. DuaneTheWorm a.k.a. the greatest phony of all time, probably prays lies!

Have you ever heard of chicken skin?  I have not but probably everyone has heard of goose bumps.  I was talking to a cousin-in-law by phone who we really got to know in AZ through the years (i.e. happenstance, na I don’t think soooo).  ANYWAY, she told me that her and Arlene really got along well and enjoyed each other’s company very much (i.e. it was quite obvious).  She said that one time they were sitting by the pool and Arlene gave her chicken skin as she was soooo sweet and kind to her.  This gal is a very sweet and kind gal herself.  Oh, by the way, she grew up on a farm by Prinsburg, MN (i.e. 4 miles west of Roseland).  Maybe that is the reason why she calls it chicken skin!  Just maybe!  Could be!  Well, Waltzing Matilda!

CadillacJack says—Yabut Hilton Coliseum was packed for Iowa State basketball game!  Bad weather creates many hardships for many folks.  I can only imagine.  When there is no school, well, it creates problems for working parents.  Example is our kids—Jessica said--"I am at my office this morning, Chet is home with the kids. I will head home around noon and he'll go to his office for a few hours this afternoon. Just tag-teaming it -- it's all we can do!”  Sooooo many times that is correct, it’s all we can do!  I talked to my big sister (i.e. just in age) the other day when it was soooo cold.  I was sorta kinda rough on some folks who I think really don’t want to work (i.e. milk the system in my opinion). I think business looks and does it different than when you are paid by easy dollars.  I do folks.  I don’t think my big sister agreed with me (i.e. she is older; usually older folks know more soooo maybe she is right and I am wrong).  ANYWAY, I told her that she is just old! ha ha  Go and eat some chocolate!  Sooooo she went and made some fudge.  What a hoot!  In “A Farewell to Arms,” Ernest Hemingway wrote, “That is the greatest fallacy, the wisdom of old men. They do not grow wise. They grow careful.”

My older couz (i.e. a few years older than me but that is what I call her) went to a 23-day Mayo Pain Relief Rehab.  She said it was intense from 8 to 4 every day.  Wow!  Sooooo “myoldercouz from a little east of Priam, MN.,” what did you learn—the overview is this: 1. Learn to relax by breathing 2. Exercise a hour a day 3. Listen to relaxing, soothing tapes 4. Don’t talk about your pain.  Also, they want folks to get rid of all pain medicine.  Now that sure seems to me that they are working with a person’s mind.  She said—If I want to mange my pain, I need to do these things (i.e. sorta kinda like it’s up to me). Well Waltzing Matilda!  After our phone conversation, she sent me this email--One question, does your body hurt from “hurting” or from sadness in your heart?? Love you little cuz  I think she was saying—littlecuz, this would be good for you (i.e. she is getting in my head)! I have choices!

Someone who I know very well told me these things: I feel like I’m an island; I feel like a snowstorm a.k.a. an inconvenience, a problem: right now I just want to be left alone; I’m hurting; Folks have no idea; it's tough sledding! Have you ever felt like that?  Now that is a Waltzing Matilda! Some of you will understand and others of you won't. I understand!  That someone who I know very well, says it's not always fun; you just got tooooo do it; you got to be tough; you can't be a wimp, you just can't (i.e. suck it up cupcake and let's get going)!  Such is life.

“Old bookkeepers never die; they just lose their balance.” A friend was in Hawaii.  I asked her if she was surfing—no but did a lot when I was younger (i.e. she can do anything and everything).  Years ago, Hank and I were going to try to surf on Waikiki Beach.  We rented boards but we didn’t need instruction as we were cocky (i.e. at least I was).  We paddled out there and I was already tired.  I tried to get on the board but kept falling off.  Finally, I got on the board and was soooo tired that I had to sit there to rest; then I fell off again.  It took me a long time to stand on it for a short time; then I fell off again.  I was shot.  Then this older native Hawaiian lady who was rather heavy, comes surfing by me like there was nuttin to it and gave me the shaka sign.  I paddled in and quit!  Secretariat did well (i.e. he can do anything and everything).  What a hoot.

Our backyard fence made me laugh! Yes it did. Well Waltzing Matilda!  We have had strong winds along with the cold temperatures.  A section of the fence broke lose (i.e. it’s rotten) and when the wind is from the NW it leans one way and if the wind is from the SE it leans the other.  It’s like a Mug-Rumper who sits on the fence with his rump on one side of the fence and his mug on the other and talks which every way the wind is blowing to self-glorify himself (i.e. these folks really make me laugh just like the fence does).  And why does a Mug-Rumper do it? Cause they’re rotten. 

I read this while eating my oatmeal with half a banana on it--They smelled like fish. They almost never missed an opportunity to misunderstand what Jesus was saying. One of them was a thief; ten were cowards. They did not possess education, social status, wealth, or business acumen; some of them probably could not read or write. If Aristotle chose Socrates to be his disciple, and if Socrates chose Plato to be his disciple, couldn't Jesus have been a little more selective in his choice of disciples? Yet these are the men who "turned the world upside down" for Christ (Acts 17:6). Well Waltzing Matilda!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment