February 12, 2011

What in the world!

Some of you say--What in the world is he (i.e. erv) trying to say now!  What is he really saying?  Well, what I am saying probably is not the same as how you interpret it.  Why, you say.  Well, how you interpret this depends much on:  your emotions, your environment now and in the past, how you have been programed, your self confidence, your attitude, how you are educated, who you are around, your age, and a zillion other reasons soooooo don't take any of this toooooooooo serious.  Disclaimer--Bottom Line... composing e-mail or posting something on the Net is as easy as writing on the walls of a public restroom. Don't automatically believe it until it's proven false... ASSUME it's false, unless there is proof that it's true. Suck it up cupcake! 

My favorite adds during the Superbowl were the Snickers (i.e. about whining), car.com (i.e. let others go first) and Teleflora (i.e. it's a Valentine one).  They made me laugh.  You can  watch or rewatch them all at    http://superbowl-ads.com/article_archive/xlv/   I bet this guy wasn't laughing.  What in the world, I bet he thought. I guy told me that maybe 20 years ago he and his wife were having a burger at a lake (i.e. on vacation) on night. Out of the blue his wife said--You aren't any fun anymore. What! You spend all your time and thoughts on making money--you're no fun anymore. At the time he was very engaged in a large business. He told me he didn't sleep very well that night. When they got back home, he sold a part of his business. He turned fun again. MissPerfect says--Sooooooo where are you and I positioned on this?   
 
Who in the world is that Guy anyway!  Arlene sings in the Fountain of the Sun's chorus.  They practice every Tuesday for a couple of hours and then put on a performance in March.  She doesn't much care for the music this year (i.e. different director with different taste).  ANYWAY she and another gal were talking after practice and Arlene asked her if she likes the music--much better than last year, last year we sang all that Jesus stuff.  Arlene said she's a Christian and really liked the music last year.  I bet she doesn't know who that Guy is! 

I talked to a couple who told me that when they have a disagreement, they have a time out.  They then go and have a few beers together and talk it out.  The beers seem to be the trick.  What in the world!  I never heard this method of problem resolution before, it's a new one on me.  They call it drinkandthink!  Sooooooooo I asked--how many beers does it usually take?  The gal said, for me, about one and a half.  I told the guy, she's cheap!  It was a good laugh.  Talking about cheap.  We had breakfast after church Sunday at J's.  I was going to the register to pay when a couple of well dressed, foxy senior gals were going to the register toooooo.  I was ahead of them and one of them said--I have the exact amount and laid their ticket with the money down  next to the register.  I said--you're easy!  She said--but not cheap!   What in the world did she mean by that?

What in the world is going one here anyway? I got to have my knee looked at by some doctor or someone.  After pickleball, ping pong, bikin', walking 18 and that long hike, it got swollen and it hurts (i.e. some of you think I'm crazy doing all that stuff but I figure I can do it and I enjoy it soooooo I'm going to do it).  ANYWAY I bought a knee sleeve and a knee stabilizer.  Maybe that will help.   I'm not as tough as I use to be.  Sooooooooo I called Mayo Clinic down here in the Valley and asked them if someone would look at my knee--do you have insurance--yes--sure we can arrange that (i.e. we do our physicals at Mayo in Rochester so they have my records); she gathers my records and says, your set.  Sooooooo when can I have it looked at--how about tomorrow morning at 8--sounds good.  Sooooooooooo they xrayed it and the doc basically tells me I'm a wimp (i.e. you get no cheese with your wine so quite your whining; suck it up cupcake!  Dr. Arlene says--Do you live underneath a rock erv, if you just do things in moderation, it will probably be okay.  What in the world am I going to do.  MissPerfect says--There are always three sides to every story:  Yours, mine and the truth!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore. Dream. Discover--Mark Twain  MyOpinion, jump on those opportunities.  Throw those chips away, get  your butts off the courch and do something!  Those opportunities always won't be there folks.  Such is life.

Oscar Wilde's says--The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.  What in the world is going on in the world (i.e. it seems like a mess)!  GeorgeTheCrook asks--Is there any love in  this world?  We sang the song Sunday in church--They can tell we are Christians by our love by our love!  Saturday question--Have you ever been loved?  If you have, how did/does it feel?  How does it feel when your heart is broken?  Hey, it's Valentine Day coming up here.  Joesixpack says--Soooooooo just give her something on Valentine's day to show your love?  What in the world!  Do you just show your love by a box of chocolate on Valentin's Day? Valentine's Day is mostly about money folks (i.e. my opinion).  LuckieEddie says--They put that guilt on a guy and it works every time!

Tom Wyscoff said on TV at the Phoenix Open--92% of all golfers can't break 90.  He also said that confidence is a massive huge factor in golf; it's Tiger's problem right now.  That all could be right Tom but I have a few more issues with my game that I need to settle in my head.  I want it to be picturebook perfect and it just ain't going to happen.  Soooooo what in the world should I do?  And you think you have problems up there in the Midwest with the snow and the cold, you have no problems compared to me.  One of my golf buddies has a "sweet as silk, rythmatic" swing.  He's a good golfer and a true gentleman (i.e. he's about 70 I think).  ANYWAY he was telling me he is going to get a new driver.  He said--I went to order it and the guy asked how old my current one was--6 years; are they better now--not really; your current one is still very good; you probably really don't need a new one--but I want one--then you better get one.  I told him if you want one and have the $229 for it, get it (i.e. confidence).  You aren't going to live for ever.  Sweetandrythmaticswingguy told me he has this dream several times a week (i.e. it is not pleasant)--he dreams that he is still working!  What in the world!  Such is life.

What in the world is going one here!  I read it in the paper so it must be right.  I read this:  An event to attend--SKIRT CHASER 5K  Part race, part singles mixer, all fun!  Well we don't know about that last part, but you will get a workout at this Valentine's Day themed run in which woman get a 3-minute head start over the men.  Later comes a happy hour with fee beer, wine and food for contestants. #2  I read it in the paper so it must be right--No. 16 gets new craze--Caddies races' are a big hit with fans around TPC Scottsdale's wildest hole--The fans bet each other $1 which caddie will touch the green first--The cool thing is the caddies and the gofers pretty much all know what's going on, so they have a lot of fun with it, too.  #3  I put a hummingbird feeder up as I really like hummingbirds.  I wondered how they make it during the cold mornings we have had.  This is what was in the paper so it must be right--They survive cold nights by going into a state of torpor, kind of like hibernation.  #4  It said--we like you snowbirds' money down here in the Sun Valley but...your speed limits up there in the north is 35 in town and 55 on the highway.  Here in the Valley the speed limits are 45 in town and 65 on the highway soooooooo please drive the limits you snowbirds a.k.a. the ol' farts who spend a lot of money in the Valley!  Soooooooo there you go!

Arlene and I had the opportunity to have breakfast with the NorthDakotaBeetFarmer and his charming wife recently.  I always learn sooooooo much from this guy (i.e. and it doesn't cost me anything).  He educated me in that the Red River runs north (i.e. maybe the only river that does that).  It starts in MN and SD and runs to Canada.  What in the world is going one here anyway--I didn't know that!  ANYWAY he said I wonder if God knew what He was doing when he did that 'cause snow melts from the south to the north--the water just can't go anywhere).  He told me that the Red River Valley use to be a massive huge lake and now it's some of the richest farm ground in the world.  But it is going to flood again this year.  They are worried.  What in the world is going to happen--no one knows.  Such is life.

We went to Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith's concert at the Celebrity Theatre down town Phoenix Saturday night.  Amy did most of the first half of the show.  Amy had four guitars, two sets of drums, 2 key boards, 2 back up singer and then sang like she was singing into a bushel basket in the silage shed! Didn't understand many words other than Jesus and Lord occasionally. I felt like my buddies Paul and Lowell (i.e. they can't hear very well).  What in the world is going on here anyway?  Smith was good. I like what Richard W. said one time--I wake up soooooo optimistic and excited; I say, let's get after it God!  I knew more of his songs and he sang them with little or no background noise which I like.  Maybe I'm just old.  Now that is not a maybe.  I'm a ol' snowbird down here in Sun Valley with a knee that hurts (i.e. but there ain't nutten wrong with it)!  Heather told me -- maybe it's just you dad who can't hear it (i.e. suck it up cupcake)!  Such is life.

What in the world!  I have read the book Between a Rock and a hard Place by Aron Raston, we went to the movie 127 hours, and watched the documentary on TV the other night.  He has to be an amazing person (i.e. probably not more amazing than many of you).  In the book and in the documentary (i.e. more than in the movie--not popular--$$$$$$), he talks about this event in his life being a very spiritual experience.  Many of such events in our lives are as well.  BUT he like us, have trouble always appreciating them some time later.  Example--Aaron after all this, had 3 friends commit suicide and a breakup with a gal put him into a serious depression.  We might say--How in the world can this happen after how he was blessed.  MissPerfect says--The mind is really something isn't it.  Such is life.

I experienced my first snowbird jerk.  Yep, my first snowbird jerk.  I was playing ping pong and this new guy (i.e. a cocky banty roster) ended up being my partner.  He played quite well but was an absolute jerk.  He knew everything and told everyone so (i.e. I play just for fun; it ain't that serious).  Sooooooo we played another two person team.  One of the opponents did not play much so I was rather nice and easy (i.e. hey it's about having fun).  This guy got on me for not playing hard and letting our opponents score.  He didn't bother me; in fact I had him begged as a jerk and it was rather funny to me.  ANYWAY the other opponent was the founder of the ping pong fun.  He started with no tables and no folks and now has four tables and maybe 30 folks playing (i.e. he's a good guy). Soooooooo he couldn't take it any longer and charges to our side of the table telling the jerk what he thinks about his attitude (i.e. really got in his face).  I don't think the jerk probably even knew what he was talking about (i.e. jerks are just jerks--what more can you say).  The jerk just thought, what in the world is he talking about.  I respect the founder doing that.  Such is life.

More disclaimer--Some of you are maybe glad this "It's Saturday" is over (i.e. ended).  It's sorta kinda like what a pastor said to his congregation--my sermons all have a happy ending!  Everyone is happy when I'm done!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans.  (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Do right and leave the results with God.
SportsPsychiatrist"specializingingolfrelatedmentaldisorders" tipfromkip--LFT elbow rotates and aims at Rt. hip

No comments:

Post a Comment