March 19, 2011

Positively Intense

Disclaimer--I really don't know if any of this stuff in this "It's Saturday" is correct soooooooooo don't tie a note about it to a brick and throw it through my window if you don't agree. Okay? Thanksamillion you "Crazy" Democrats and you "Crazy" Republicans a.k.a very intense folks for being sooooooo open minded!   I was turning off Sossaman into the Fountain of the Sun and saw this bumper sticker on a Jeep--Don't blame me...I voted Repubican!  I think I ruffed his feathers (i.e. touched a nerve) last week as this is what he emailed me--Way don't you people get up from your keyboard aqnd go out and do something productive inplace of sitting here just moning and groing the way you always do, just talk talk talk and nothing gets done...go out and clean your garage. mow the lawn. go for a walk and say hello to a stranger , with a smile on your face, help an old lady across the street.. go to a park , find a lonely person and talk to them don't just sit here banging out your smart little one liners, they don't change a thing  you want change, change yourself, you will be surprise how things around you will change... the old viking.   Hey ol'Viking, tell us how you feel!  He's positively intense folks! 

CadillacJack says--There are very positive folks and there are negative folks (i.e. some very intense).  There are folks who are puffed up and there are folks who think they are junk.  But if you are a servant, it puts all of us on the same plane (i.e. that might annoy you in a Godly way).  Servanthood is an addictive booze (i.e. can you imagine that)--it's like stepping up to the plate and hitting a grand slam when you're down by 3 in the bottom of the 9th.  LuckieEddie say--Servanthood gives proper perspective in life (i.e. positively intense).  We even need to love the grumpy folks (i.e. 'cause we are maybe all grumpy at times too).  The best time to be a servant is when you are depressed, full of joy, scared to death, or proud as a peacock!  Saturday question a.k.a. pop-quiz--Do you wear a bib or an apron?  Think about that folks!  Such is life.

Let me tell you they are positively intense (i.e. great folks).  We had breakfast with Warren Mellema (i.e. wife Fran), Sid Mellema (i.e. wife Pat), Bob Mellema (i.e. wife Lois) this morning. Warren and Sid are sons of Sam Mellema (i.e. my Granddad Andrew's brother and Bob is a son of Burt (i.e. also a brother of my granddad Andrew).  In pic--Bob who is the #10 kid of 10 age 77, me, Sid who is #10 kid of 11 age 83, and Warren #11 kid of 11 age 78.  ANYWAY I asked the waitress if she would take our picture--I told her that we are big tippers! Either Fran or Pat said--don't believe them, they are Mellema and Dutch!!!!!  Hey folks, isn't that something to meet these folks who I have never known before down here in the Valley.  What a hoot!

Let's have an 'open pulse meeting'--just you and I (i.e. that could make your shorts feel a little tight).  You guys are great folks, full of excitement with huge massive good hearts.  BUT some days we are all like an 'elephant in the room'.  I think (i.e. my opinion) that you guys are really nice, good hearted folks (i.e. many of you aren't flashy but not weak either).  I appreciate you guys immensely.  Yes I do!  Thanksamillion for being a part of my life.  Like my mentor tells me--We are all programed by events and folks of our past.  Many times, maybe, we don't continue to appreciate folks as they become "old hats".  We take them for granted (i.e. we don't appreciate their beauty and great qualities).  I asked a guy who I played golf with who lives on the Mighty Mississippi River if they use the River much--No we live right on it but have lived their all my life and don't pay much attention to it anymore!  Huh, interesting. 

A guy who we were golfing with at Shadow Ridge told us this story as he was teeing off on I think 15.  He said he was teeing up on this hole last fall.  He was about to hit his drive when a rabbit ran right in front of him at full throttle.  Then about 3 seconds later a coyote was right behind him!  There is a saying that goes like this--Every day somewhere in Africa A gazelle wakes up It knows it must run faster Than the fastest lion around Lest it be eaten Every day somewhere in Africa A lion wakes up It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle around Lest it starves to death Every day it does not matter Whether you are a lion or a gazelle Because you must run faster Than the chores of life!  Joesixpack says--Yabut it use to be if you worked hard everything would be fine.  You would work for the same company until retirement and winter in the Valley.  It just ain't the case anymore.  There are fences come up that you can't control like electronic changes, jobs going to Mexico, companies get sold, companies can't compete and go broke, the economy goes south, an earthquake or a change in our culture.  It's like having a compound fracture--amputation might be necessary.  It's something truly frightening:  exclusivity--no parity.  There seems to be a lot of foot wedges being used!  There seems to be a lot of greed and power--has always been there but now it seems it's way out of control'--a snowball going down the hill out of control.  There has to be something to stop it.  Oh it will stop folks but we might not like it (i.e. the timing ain't right yet folks).  GeorgeTheCrook says--We seem to lack any urgency in stopping it!  Yabut DonFool says--I'm addicted to deals that make me a lot of money and that's all I care about (i.e. I'lldowhateverittakes)!  Positively intense Wilma says--I have a deal for you!  You can't turn this deal down!  WiseAlisa says--Maybe America stopped to think and forget to start again?  TheGeeeeeeeeenEyedMonster is very powerful and deceptive folks (i.e. very intense).  Oh yes!  Such is life.

Arlene was positively intense.  Yes she was.  I forgot to take a pen out of my shorts and when Arlene washed it a little ink got on a couple pair of her old shorts.  She insisted that she got two new pair.  That was a God sent as some would say!  New clothes for old clothes!  ANYWAY we stop at the Dana Shopping Center where there is a Talbot's.  I walked over to Barnes and Noble.  As I was leaving the front of Talbot's, there was a guy sitting on a bench just waiting.  I said--Looks like a expensive sit--ya it will be--I have the same situation--I guess we are all in the same boat!  Hey, I liked her new shorts.  They are cute.  Are women shorts cute? 

I know a gal who married a guy who's sir name was Pickup.  She kept her maiden name as she probably didn't want to be called Susie Pickup. This gal and her husband are positively intense folks.  She can talk a hungry dog off a meat wagon!  It is really fun to be around this kind of folks.  Yes it is.  They make me smile.  Such is life.

Fountain of the Sun had it's patio sales last Saturday morning (i.e. garage sales)--Arlene and I went around and looked at the stuff and talked to the folks.  It's sorta kinda of fun for a while.  Arlene saw a bumper sticker on a car that read--Golden years--my ass!  Yes when we get older, a lot of stuff can happen to us and usually does, if we like it or not.  We can stay positively intense and fight the good fight or...we have a choice folks.  Everyone has a story and that's just the way it is and not all of them are all pretty.  We all get dinged up with life (i.e. me as well).  SusieQ says--If you have never been...then God (i.e. positively intense) has been good to you.  LuckieEddie says--It's not if but when something will happen to you that will not be pleasant!  Sooooooooooo don't be surprised when it happens.  It's like my neighbor Karl says--If is has wheels you know your are going to have trouble with it--sooooooooo don't be surprised when it happens (i.e. a bumpy ride).  We went to a concert by the Liberty Quartet (i.e. they must be good as I talked to RuthAnnfromMN and she said she has heard them 4 times down here in the Valley--that's right 4 times--that's positively intense).  My favorite song they sang was-I read the back of the Book and we win!  A guy who I golfed with told me that he and his partner split up (i.e. it was not pretty he said).  But he said he has buried the hatchet (i.e. life is much better when we can do that).  Hagar the Horrible says--Brother Olaf says I should never say I hate someones guts!  Sooooo now I think it...but I never say it!  Really folks, if we can stay positively intense we are much better off (i.e. my opinion).  What do you think?  ItchieBitchie says--It's better to be called a has been than a never been! 

WildWillie says--I hope I don't sacrifice the wrong things for the right reason!  A friend, Bear, sent me this statement--Reading It's Saturday  always brings a smile. Do you have adult AADD (Adult Attention Deficit Disorder)?! :) Your energy level seems to be on the rise, while mine is going the opposite direction.  Hey Bear, no I don't have AADD (i.e. I can nap with the best).  I actually think I should do more 'cause "I'm burning daylight" here on this earth (i.e. need to be more positively intense).  I hope I can encourage and do it at the right time.  I just need to do something before, as the old timers say--I'm Laid to Rest!  I hope I can be positively intense in doing the right stuff with the right motive.  I don't want to be a coffee shop without coffee or a Burger King without burgers!  Saturday question--What is the right stuff with the right motive?  I hope that I am not a performer or put on a show.  Performers do stuff for applause and recognition.  I'm always confused here somewhat folks.  Musical folks, as an example, practice and practice so they can put on a show or a performance.  If you really enjoy doing music, why do you have to put on a show or performance.  I realize I'm missing something here sooooooo help me. 

We had a great opportunity to be around an amazing, charming and intriguing gal this week (i.e. positively intense).  She told us that she spend 6 months in a mental health hospital and then some time later another month.  She seems completely normal and she is.  How in the world did you do that I asked--at some point I pin pointed my problem and figured out that the person who caused me my problem was ignorant; I found peace; I then realized that the problem was not the other person but was me: I was the one who had to change--She did folks.  Sooooooo how come you got through this and others seem like they can't?  She didn't know for sure but it was by God's grace she said.  Huh, interesting.

Suggestion--Get around positively intense folks who are going the right direction. Your speed bumps will be much easier to get over. Life will be much more fun. I have seen this in the Valley by retired folks. There are many many retirement communities. They all are basically the same but some nicer maybe than others. It doesn't matter which community you go to, the folks are all happy. Why? They are around positively intense folks and it's contagious. Okay folks, I read this while eating my oatmeal with blackberries on it--God gives grace and mercy to everyone sooooooo everyone of us is blessed (i.e. it's how we recognize it--appreciate it--how we say thank you--how we have faith and believe in Jesus).  Now this will make us positively intense folks.  Oh ya!  Will it fix everything?  No.  Will it take away every speed bump?  No.  But it will for sure affect our attitude and our thoughts.  Oh yes.  And there is only one person that can make that decision.  You got it. We each make the decision folks (i.e. and decisions have consequences folks).  MissPerfect says--It's a lot more fun to win than to loose!  ItchieBitchie asks--Do you think some folks enjoy life more than others?

AGolfBuddyTheCunuckFromThunderbay is positively intense.  Yes he is.  He's the guy that is up at 5, gets an orange off the neighbor's tree, and then reads the other neighbor's paper before putting it back on his drive.  ANYWAY he gave us two tickets to the 23rd Annual Arizona Renaissance Festival each with a value of $22.  This is how he got them free--every morning he gets his phone and sits on the throne and watches Channel 5 on his analog little black and white TV.  There is a call in show each morning at 6:20 and if you are the 5th caller you win.  His analog TV is one minute ahead of regular TV so he's at an advantage he says.  Now that's a positively intense buddy!  He must be very regular tooooooo!

Speak your peace ol'viking (i.e. get it off your chest)--WE are short on wisdom not only in this country but world wide we have confussed collage education and the acumulation of facts with the ability to think in a stright line. we have given up the studies of the humanities for the belief that cunning and technology is the answer to every conflict. We are drowning in problems we can't keep up with let alone have the time to give the proper attention to or the money to solve and we have for got the premise of moderation, we love to run off into the sunset without our tooth brush... at this rate Entropy will get us if we don't learn to slow down and again appriciate it takes time to geather wisdom so we can make rational decissions  another item that has been overlooked by us is we have forgetton there is a differance between what is legal and illegal... and what is right and wrong. the old viking

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--A kick in the rear is a step forward.
TipfromKipspecializingingolfrelatedmentaldisorders says--wedges~Point lft hip lft "swing" and push hip lft

No comments:

Post a Comment