March 5, 2011

Don't mention it

Our children and grandgirls were here for a few days.  Now that will change a guy's schedule and life style!  Those little girls sorta kinda run the show!  A guy just needs to gowithit!  Erin and I were making orange juice using our neighbor's squeezer (i.e. the one where you cut the orange in half and then twist it).  Erin and I picked the oranges off our neighbor's tree using his picking tool.  ANYWAY Erin was the pourer of the juice.  She missed and we had sticky juice all over--no big deal!  Little Charlie (i.e. age 1) got up at 3:50 and flew on her first plane ride.  She had no sleep all day and was off her plush schedule from being at home.  She, of course, was not her own self.  Not a big deal but makes for an interesting day for mom and dad.  Then she gives me this little smile that just melts my heart.  Grandpas and grandmas are okay but moms are the real fix.  Such is life.

It's no big deal!  But she, our little Erin age 3 said--Grandpa I want to have some ice cream!  Soooooooo we stopped at the DQ and bought some banana splits (i.e. they are the special on Thursdays for $2.99).  She ate it like a pig!  I asked her if she liked it--I like it grandpa.  I taught her to say--I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream!  Then little Erin says to me--Thanks grandpa for the ice cream (i.e. it just melts my heart).  Under my breath I said--Don't mention it sweetie, you just make me smile!  Before they all left, we took them all to DQ again for another ice cream fix.  I think it was maybe Erin's first cone of her own and Charlie's first ice cream dish.  They really like ice cream.  I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!  Such is life.

I always say--it's all about the money.  Well, I read it in the paper sooooooo it must be right that at the recent dog show in the Valley, it's all about the glory and prestige in winning the show and not about the money.  Soooootherreyougofolks, it's more than money. I was at the swap meet (i.e. massive huge flea market) where I saw a guy who had a black leather vest on.  One of his patches read--I know better but I just don't give a shit!  EngineerJim and IRSBill stopped by the other day.  They are my old hiking buddies of last year (i.e. I golf on Mondays so I don't hike with them this year).  ANYWAY these guys are smart.  I asked IRSBill for a tip on my taxes.  And he said--Don't file!  I told you these guys are smart!  Thanksamillion IRSBill for the tip--don't mention it ervie!  TriviaChampJr said--Hey erv It's DOVRAY not dover (i.e. that is Dovray, MN). 

Not a big deal but...At our cousins' reunion I sat next to Wally my cousin.  I eat fast as some of you know.  He beat me.  I said, I eat fast and you beat me.  His brother Chuck said, I beat all of you.  These guys get a lot done in a day I bet.  Sooooooooooo you are suppose to eat slow, not fast.  Maybe us three might choke on our own spew someday!  You think soooooo?

Not a big deal but GeorgeTheCrook says--Some folks need to be told exactly what to do and when (i.e. they have no comprehension and visionary ability--they just go with the flow--very mechanical).  SusieQ says--Why worry, God will take care of me and if he doesn't than the government will!  There was a lady hitting her golf shot close to our condo the other day (i.e. hole #2 is in the back yard of our patio).  She said they were playing in the 'hit and giggle' group!  Yep, the hits and giggles life.

No big deal but it's amazing how a couple little sweethearts can change Arlene and my life style for a couple of days.  Oh ya!  They seem to have their own schedule and control our lives (i.e. they run the show).  It's all fine and enjoyable but it really changes things around the condo here in the desert!  They put smiles on our faces (i.e. it's a hoot).  It's fun to see kids--anyone under the age of 65!  All the old geezers say something to them as kids are a rare commodity down here in the over 55 communities.  I think we all sorta kinda have a kid withdraw!  We need a fix.  We heard some old ladies say--there usually aren't any kids around; now that's different.  It's sooooooooooo good to see 'em.  Such is life.

I like the desert.  Yes I do.  More than I ever thought I would.  The American SW really attracts me 'cause it's romantic.  I like the empty space with all the dreams and drama and history!  It's probably not a big deal to some of you but I like it.  If you have never spent time in the desert, you don't know what your are missing.  LuckieEddie says--Isn't it that way with almost anything, if you never have experienced it, (e.g. like ice cram) you have no idea what you are missing.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention LuckieEddie--don't mention it, it's no big deal.  Such is life.

ItchieBitchie says he has some advice for us.  It's not a big deal ItchieBitchie but thanksamillion--don't mention it!  ANYWAY here is ItchieBitchie's advice:  What do you spend most of your time trying to get?  That reveals a lot about yourself.  So there you have it.  We just need to answer that question honestly and you have just evaluated yourself.  WildWillie says--I hope your answer doesn't 'beat the crap out of you'!  I taught Erin how to twiddle her thumbs.  I hope you just don't do that folks.  Life is toooooo short for that!  Such is life.

It was not a big deal but...we went to The New Hope Community Church in Gilbert with our family (i.e. a Reformed Church of America).  Greg Christy, president of Northwestern College which is our alma mater did the talk.  We have a real soft spot for good ol' NW for a lot of reasons.  ANYWAY Gregg talked about--Give careful thought to your ways.  He also talked about love being patient.  Hey, it takes a lot of patience when you have your family around (i.e. everyone has different ideas, different speeds, different habits, different customs, different thoughts, different Iphone4s.  A dad, grandpa, friend needs to be patient.  I think I really was (i.e. my opinion).  I have a pair of sun glasses that fit close to my face.  When the temperature of my body gets warmer than my normal body temperature (i.e. the temperature of my glasses), they fog up--they fogged up a few times!  We had a beer together at the Saloon at Goldsmith (i.e. a mining ghost town).   Hey, my family didn't tell me that I was an idiot, at least not to my face (i.e. if you're an idiot, we'll tell ya is the saying above the bar there).  They did call me thelostdutchman several times though!  http://www.prairieghosts.com/dutchman.html    Such is life. Saturday question--Give careful thought to your ways is in what book of the Bible?

Oh yes, NW is a very special place for Arlene and I as I mentioned.  I have a key chain which I have my car key on that was a gift of NW a zillion years ago (i.e. I have used it every since).  Both of my sisters also went to NW and all three of us met our spouses there.  Yes, good ol' Northwestern College is a special place to me and our family.  Maybe you, your kids, your grandkids, or great grandkids should look at NW.  It's no big deal but it's special folks. 

It's not a big deal but...they sure fooled me.  There are palm trees in AZ and their are palm trees!  Can you tell the difference between the two palm trees in the pictures here in the Fountain of the Sun?  I never noticed the difference but our kids pointed the difference out to me (i.e. I have seen them many times toyet).  Okay, the single palm tree is not a palm tree but a metal, artificial tree used as a cell phone tower (i.e. yabut it looks like a palm tree).  Man-o-man I never noticed.  Our kids probably say--Holy Guadalupee dad, were have you been all this time--don't mention it kids!

GeorgeTheCrook  says--Don't mention it but...I'm near perfect!  A golf buddy and I were talking going down the fairway the other day.  I asked him if he believes in God--oh ya, I'm Catholic and go to Mass at 6:30 Sunday mornings; I didn't go for about 7 years and then went back--I bet you had a lot of confessing to do which cost you a lot of money--no, I had to lie to the Priest about something I did wrong as I didn't do anything wrong in the 7 years--Ya, right!  TheOl'Viking says--will you join me and mentor me when I fall short? hay I'm serious, and that road to Damascis is lonely and I can sew--that is what TheOl'Viking says folks.  MissPerfect says--It's hard to turn the page sometimes--yes it is.  Ya see these signs on loop202 all the time--Minor crashes--please remove vehicles from traffic.  The world keeps right on going if we like it or not--the world says--minor crashes in your life are a inconvenience to the world soooooooo move them to the side soooooooo the rest of us can get by.  Huh, interesting.  LuckieEddie says--Yabut it's rather nice when someone stops and helps you and makes your life 'justlikebrandnew'!  CadillacJack says--There is no medicine like hope, no tonic sooooo powerful, no incentive soooooo great as the expectation of something better tomorrow!  Don't mention it, it's no big deal--yes it is folks, it's a big deal. 

It's a big deal.  Yes it is.  I went and played pickle ball with my friend Dean Slagter at Palm Creek Golf and RV Resort in Casa Grande this week again.  One of his friends asked him how long we were friends--he said--we might have been baptised at the same time as new born babes at Roseland Reformed Church in Roseland, MN!  We played for 3 hours and my knees didn't hurt.  That's a big deal folks.  To me anyway.  After we got done we went to the softball tourney at their community.  The guys can't run very well, can't throw very well, can't hit very well and are mostly way over weight.  There was a dribbler out to the short fielder--he doesn't lean over to stop it with his glove but stops it with his foot!  But you know what--they were having a great time.  We each had a big burger, bag of chips, and a can of soda and the total cost was $8.  Seniors like to eat and eat cheap (i.e. that's something they can still doooooo well)!!!  Yes they cando.  One more thing I noticed at the pickle ball courts and at the diamond--most of the guys had knee braces or knee supportive sleeves on.  Such is life.

I felt like a wimp!  Oh ya!  Little Erin hiked to the saddle of Silly Mountain by her self (i.e. I can do it; I don't want any  help). It's now way easy--just ask Deb or Geno!  We told her that that was pretty good.  She looked at us with this look--It was not big deal, don't mention it, it was just up a mountain!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans.  (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--In the game of life heredity deals the hand, and society makes the rules, but you can still play your own cards.
AtipfromKipspecializingingolfrelatedmentaldisorders--Waggle;relaxandswingthrou

No comments:

Post a Comment