April 2, 2011

Invigorating

Disclaimer--Some of you might think this is a bunch of hooey!  Sooooooooooo everyone has their own opinion folks. I don't think I'm talking idiot (i.e. again, that's my opinion).  Such is life.

We can't  believe that 4 months have past since we arrived in Sun Valley.  It truly has gone fast (i.e. very invigorating--A great experience--A great opportunity).  Mark Twain said once--Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.  So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  That's what he said folks.  A bud from back home emailed me this--Your life reminds me of my dog......not much to do but always wants to play.....Have fun my friend!  I do know that a lot of 'meal tickets' for folks in the Valley will be disappearing come March 31 (i.e. many snowbirds will be heading back to the Midwest along with their money a.k.a the Sun Valley's cash cow).  I called the news department of the local newspaper down here in the Valley and they estimate that the total number of snowbirds in the Valley is about 200,000 down from about 250,000 from the high--Soooooooooo you do the math!  Such is life.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth . Sunrises are invigorating all right.  Cousin Ron inspired me (i.e. he goes for a hike at day break every Sunday morning before church).  Sooooooooooooo I got up and hiked up 'er in 'em mountains to my favorite inspirational place one Sunday mornings (i.e. there is a rock for me to sit) where there is a saddle on the mountain.  It's about a 2 mile hike and I did it in the dark.  I can see the massive huge valleys below in both directions.  Over looking the eastern valley there are mountain farther to the east.  This is where the sun came over.  Now that invigorates my soul folks.  Yes it does.  Thanks cousin Ron. I kept on thinking about the words from the hymn When Morning Gilds the Shies.  It starts like this--When morning fills the skies, My heart awaking cries, May Jesus Christ be praised!  Now that is invigorating folks.  Yes it is. Soooooooo last Sunday night I decided to hike to the same place on the mountain after dark.  I made sure when I laid on my back that there were no rattlesnakes!  ANYWAY it was completely dark and no noise except for an occasional plane.  Wow!  I laid on my back and just looked up there in the heavens (i.e. a zillion stars).  The Big Dipper, Little Dipper and North Star were almost straight up (i.e. invigorating thinking that the shepards looked at the same stars). I kept thinking--Be quiet and know that I am God!  It was a great experience.  Yes it was.

When we walk around in the Fountain of the Sun, the smell of the citrus trees blossoming is such a good smell.  I really like it.  It's invigorating.  Sooooooooo are the flowering desert flowers.  I got up early the other morning as the sun was just rising and walked a little on the fairway of the golf course behind our condo.  I walked bare foot.  The grass was wet and cold to my feet.  Something about it was very invigorating.  It made me feel oh sooooooooo good (i.e. it's hard to explain).  It's just an experience.  Sam Snead said once--Practice barefoot sometimes.  It'll give you a better sense of feel and slow down your swing.

When I was volunteering at Desert Bannor Hospital the other night, I went down to the Inter Faith Chapel to spend a few minutes of quite time.  I was the only on there.  I found it very invigorating to me soul and heart.  I prayed for a while (i.e. prayed for some of you).  Yes I did.  ANYWAY as I was leaving I noticed a display for Christians.  It was done by Guideposts.  I picked up three little pamphlets:  Thought Conditioners, Confidence, and Hope all by Norman Vincent Peale (i.e. the positive thinking guy).  I have read them and I think they are very invigorating and up lifting.  They affect me like putting a feather in my hat!  They are all based on scripture. For me, I think even if I don't have a big rush or WOW when reading them, they affect my inner being (i.e. what you put in will come out if you realize it or not or what you think is what you'll be).  Joesixpack says---Soooooooooooo folks, be careful what you read, see, listen tooooooo, drink, eat, and think as it will affect your life.  Such is life.


I will miss my ol' golfing buddies (i.e. a Minnesotian, an Iowans and a Cunuck).  They are really invigorating guys.  Yes they are really something; I have learned soooooooo much from them and it cost me nutten!  They use snake oil, magnet brackets, charm brackets, and God only knows what else to win.  Actually the last outing, I hired a caddie in order to try to compete with these guys; he ended up being from Canada.  This is how the conversation went--I was slicing off the tee on every hole. I asked my Cunuck caddy if he has noticed any obvious reasons for my poor tee shots, to which the Cunuck caddy replied:  Aye, there's a piece of shit on the end of your driver. Soooooo I pick up my driver and clean the club face, at which point the Cunuck caddy says:  "No, the other end.=  Ouchy Ouchy!

Did you hear that Elizabeth Taylor died recently?  I read it in the AZ Republic (i.e. sooooo it must be right) this:  She was beautiful and glamorous practically the definition of a star in the old-school Hollywood style.  A golf buddy really liked her (i.e. my golf buddy is about her age maybe I would guess).  Eliz died at the age of 79.  Eliz is best know by me as the lady who was married 8 times to 7 husbands.  Now that's invigorating folks!  But did you know that she had at least 20 major operations during her life!  Wow I didn't know that.  That's one busy life folks.

For my last hike, my neighbor, BlueBunnyJim and I went to the top of Flatiron and decided to go to the top of the mountain which is a little west and higher than Flatiron itself--up 'er with the hoodoos!  The pic has Flatiron behind us. This is a difficult hike.We met Jay and Diane (i.e. age 65) on the way up and we hiked together.  Diane is really agile and mobile let me tell you. When got to the top we met George and his dog Dice (i.e. it is hard to believe how a dog can get up there--George had to carry him up some parts and I don't know how he did that).  We were eating our lunch on the top when Diane saw these two large birds flying below us--she said they are either fighting or breeding--George said--is there a difference!  All four of us had some blood on us somewhere being scrapped by the rocks or sticks on the way up.  It was a very physically, invigorating hike (i.e. a hoot) and the view was also very invigorating.  We were on the mountain for six hours.  Wow!  http://www.azcentral.com/travel/hiking/articles/2006/06/18/20060618flatiron05.html


Huzzah!  Friends, Romans, Ladies and Gentlemen--We used those free tickets from my golf buddy Wayne and went to the Renaissance Festival Saturday (i.e. it was invigorating).  Thanks Wayne.  ANYWAY Here are some thoughts:  America loves to eat and as a result there are a lot of obese folks (i.e. during the Middle Ages obesity was a sign of wealth but just the opposite today); there was a lot of cleavage during the Middle Ages; I would not have been a good knight (i.e. surely would have been killed first time out jousting).  Here are some funny stuff we heard at a couple of shows:  There were 5 constipated men of the Bible as the song goes--Cain wasn't able, Solomon sat on his throne for 40 years, Moses took 2 tablets; Balaam couldn't move his ass and Noah about filled the ark!  Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth!  We were watching another show and the entertainer got a gal from the audience to help.  He picked a gal who was maybe 35, attractive and well endowed.  The lady sitting ahead of us (i.e. maybe 45 and heavy and crusty) said to her husband--the only reason he selected her 'cause she has big boobs!  Hey, I'm only telling you what she said.  Knight Sir John of Canterbury said--Back in the Middle Ages we called that--"Fully Loaded"!  Such is life.

I received a noder of Ollie Jokinen, a hockey player, from some friends as they knew I collected noders.  I don't know who Ollie Jokinen is but I sure enjoyed the thought of them buying it for me (i.e. now that's invigorating).  ANYWAY this is what they wrote on the bottom as keepsake for me--Daily survival can be a beautiful thing--their names and winter of 2011.  Now that's special folks. LuckieEddie says--You are what you practice! Boy did I get some advice from the SmartBigFootSapGuy.  I was sorta kinda complaining about how long it takes Arlene to get ready in the morning before we can leave--He said--erv, you should  not complain but be soooooooo happy that she wants to make herself look soooooooo beautiful for you!  Talk about complaining, the pastor at church Sunday asked us if we like to be around complainers?  No one seemed to like to be around complainers he said sooooooooo quit your complaining and do something (i.e. throw those chips away and get your butt of the couch and do something).  ItchieBitchie says--Life is a blast!  Saturday question--What is you life's aroma a.k.a fragrance of life?

We are with Heather, James and Erin in CO.  We stopped in Santa Fe on our way from AZ  and visited the Loretto Chapel (i.e. the story of the famous amazing and miraculous stairs http://www.lorettochapel.com/staircase.html  had some Santa Fe ribs (i.e. smoked over Mesquite) at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame Restaurant (i.e. we sat next to some real kowobyz), and enjoyed the town square (i.e. they have a building ordnance that no building can be over two stories and must be of SW flavor).  I really like the SW look.  Chief Yellowhorse says--'em 'er ribs are good Amigo!  Santa Fe was invigorating but there is no invigoration like being with family.  Now that's invigorating folks!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans.  (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails.
TipfromKipspecializingingolfrelatedmentaldisorders--Bkswg--push lft knee st out--eye on ball

No comments:

Post a Comment