April 30, 2011

I was there

Shalom Chaverim (i.e. hello friends)

Disclaimer--There are sublininal messages in this "It's Saturday".  You won't see it, recognize it, or even know how it will affect you.  Soooooooooo guard your minds folks!  Then again, some of you might think this isn't kosher!  Such is life.

A shout from Iseral!  If you can't understand me, it's 'cause I am speaking Hebrew!  Ya right!  I do have my sanddles on folks if that means anything.  Yes, we are here in Iseral.  Now we can say--I was there!  Our family is worrried for our safety.  Hey, we hope we can dodge all the rockets and be in the differnt places when the bombs go off.  Oh, we will be okay.  When Arlene's mom went maybe 15 years ago, her group had armied gurards with them.  Hey, some things never seem to change.  Don't worry about us, we have life insurance and life assurance.  Such is life.

I've been there!  I order breakfast from room service the other morning.  It went like this:  Morny. Rune-sore-bees--Oh, sorry. I thought I dialed Room Service--Rye, rune-sore-bees. Morny. Djewish to odor sunteen--Uh... yes. I'd like some bacon and eggs--Ow July den--What--Aches. Ow July den? Pry, boy, pooch...--Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry. Scrambled please--Ow July dee baycome? Crease?--Crisp will be fine--Hokay. An Santos?--What?--Santos. July Santos?--Ugh. I don't know... I don't think so--No. Judo one toes?--Look, I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what "judo--one toes" means. I'm sorry--Toes! Toes! Why djew Don Juan toes? Ow bow cenglish mopping we
bother?--English muffin! I've got it! You were saying toast! Fine--An English muffin will be fine--We bother?--No. Just put the bother on the side--Wad?--I'm sorry. I meant butter. Butter on the side--Copy?--
I feel terrible about this but...--Copy. Copy, tea, mill...--Coffee! Yes, coffee please. And that's all--One Minnie. Ass rune torino fee, strangle aches, crease baycome, tossy cenglish mopping we bother honey sigh, and copy. Rye?--Whatever you say.  Such is life.

Were you there when they nailed Him to the cross, Were you there when they crucified my Lord,.  Some of you think Easter is just hokay!  Others of you think Easter is, as our Sunday School teacher, Julie, called it, the meat and potatoes of our faith.  Saturday question--Do you believe, like the Jews here in Isearal, that the disciples just stole the body and Jesus never rose from the dead (i.e. it's a hokes)?--The Jews are sill waiting for the Messiah (i.e. they think the Christian version is just a "new popular jingle").  Will the real DanFool stand up (i.e. you remember that show on TV a zillion years ago)?  Iseral likes Americans; they like the support we give them as a country and they like the $$$$ we spend on toiurism looking at the places where the Bible talkes about (i.e. where Jesus's spend his life).  Oh ya they like our $$$$$$ folks.  It's all about the $$$$$.  ANYWAY mabe the the Jews are the DanFools or the Christians are the DanFools!  I beleive that Jesus is the Messiah (i.e. I beleive Jesus is a 104 mph over-hand fast ball).  Soooooo does that mean that the Jews are not saved and will not enter heaven?  GeorgeTheCrook says--One of us seem to be obfuscating the issue folks.  Chritians use the Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe selecting what they beleive.  Jews and Muslums don't.  They are much more religious (i.e. they have rules and laws they must follow).  Yabut they too have different believes within their religion it appears.

The gal who sat next to me on the plane from NY to Tel Aivi (i.e. meaning old new) was Judith (i.e. age 73). She was born in NY but lives in Jerusalem. She is a practicing Jew (i.e. there are Jews who don’t practice the Jewish customs of worship). She woke me up at about 3 a.m. (i.e. actually I wasn’t sleeping). She wanted me to see some Jews doing their morning prayers about 5 feet from us. She wanted me to see something that I won’t see in Iowa as she said. They put on the robes, pray shaawl, tefvlins,and hats will doing their prayers. Judith does her prayers at home but not when traveling. She is like me—get distracted and it’s hard to be always keeping our minds on prayer. Her prayers are not as extensive as this young man’s who was praying. Different Jews (i.e. or groups of Jews) do different things (i.e. much like Christians). They follow different teachings of different Rabbis. Judith and I talked for about 2 hours. She really was a smart gal who seemed to see the whole picture. Here is some of the information I learned: Israel is a country that is consistently in the survival mode (i.e. established in 1947). She said, Israel wants peace and will do almost anything for it (i.e. Israel wants live, live in peace). Israel says they want peace but it takes both parties to agree to have peace—not happening. Jews teach their history; history is not always accurate (i.e. depends who you talk to). There is a declining number of Christians as they are made uncomfortable by the Arabs in Israel so many are moving out of the country. Israel does not like Postulating. Security is strong and all youth must serve in the military. Judith doesn’t really think about heaven and hell much but just living a good live. She believes in Jesus but not as her Messiah a.k.a. Savior. I asked her what if Jesus is the Messiah and you are wrong—basically no response. She is very comfortable in her believe. She was a very nice lady who had a lot of knowledge. She asked me what my stereotype of a Jew is—A rich powerful person. She was surprised about that. She said there are many many poor Jews. This is just a little of what we talked about. Thanksamillion Judith for sharing with me. You made my life more knowledgeable. You are special.

Israel is a dot on the map but is very important part of history and the future history. MissPerfect says—big things happen in small places many times. Small people (i.e. don’t seem very important at the time, do major things in history. Oh yes. WildWillie says—It’s not how it looks but what happens is what is important and many times we don’t know what is happening at the time it happens. Many times we have to feel it instead of learning it. As our guide said yesterday—Reading the Bible in English is like kissing you sweetheart through a handkerchief (i.e. that’s because the translation in not in Hebrew and in Hebrew they are expected to understand the culture and customs)!

I think the smell in our hotel had a strange smell.  I told Arlene I think it smells like cammel.  Now I know why.  Such is life.

I stopped and saw MyFriendJean before we left--She gave me a fresh loaf of banana bread that had cranberries and rasins in it.  I ate about half of the loaf for lunch before we left and froze the other half.  As we were talking a male Cardnal came to her bird feeder next to her living room windo.  She told me that male cardnals won't let his mate eat with him untle he is done except during nesting time.  I was there and sw it folks! 

Hey, w're retired.  We were tired the other day day at Denver, and we were tired again iin New Yourk and we're tired today at Isral.  But, hey, we're enjoying be tired in our retirment (i.e. we got fire in our bellies--hot diggity dog).  Such is life. 

L'Hit-ra-ot (i.e. see you later)

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--A greedy father has thieves for children.
AtipfromKipspecializing in golf related mental disordrs 50year practice--arms=Y Rt amr highr then lft arm at address--chin up!

1 comment:

  1. Still laughing at your interpretation of the guy taking your room service order! Awesome job with the translation!

    ReplyDelete