October 1, 2011

uncertainty

Joesixpack says--I'm certain that I'm going to die and pay taxes but I have a lot of uncertainties and they make me nervous!  Oh yes!  I'm uncertain what others think of me and does it really matter?  MissPerfect says--erv, what others think of you is none of your business!  LuckieEddie says--If you are uncertain, use the "eeny, meeny, miny moe, you are it" method.  It works for me! 

My mentor says--Folks are scared about the uncertainty of many situations a.k.a. their future!  A business owner recently met with his company's broker who handles the retirement fund of him and his employees (i.e. the investment company's representative came too).  He asked his employees if they have any thing they would like him to say to those folks.  They said--Tell them that we don't want to loose any more money!  The employees are scared about the uncertainty of their accounts (i.e. they should be).  Donald Trump says this about uncertainty--"Let me get this straight . . .We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, Written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a Dumbo President who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, For which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!!  'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'"  That's his feeling folks.  Doesn't sound like Donald is uncertain about the uncertainty of the situation now does he!  Such is life.

Have you ever been uncertain about a person (i.e. they seem to act strange--sorta kinda non responsive or arrogant)?  Sometimes a guy just doesn't know why they act that way.  I was golfing with a guy on his home course this summer who told me one of the guys behind us is the biggest jerk that plays on their course.  He's just a complete jerk and no one will play with him.  He's a complete...!  Maybe he lacks confidence, maybe there is something going on that no one knows about, maybe his past is haunting him, maybe he was taught to be that way by his parents, maybe he's just a jerk--I'm uncertain.  But what I'm certain about is that I many times realize later why a person is the way they are and I feel oh sooooooo bad!  You ever do that?  Her is an example:  CadillacJack tells this story--She was miserable and probably one of the rudest people I've ever come across.  When I approach her, she would turn away and pretend that I am not there, until she was ready.  I have tried a thousand times to make her smile, and she has tried a thousand times not to. I have given up on her; I have been angered by her. Then one day I caught myself acting just like her and realized that I must stop. I finally resolved myself to the fact that she is who she is; I cannot change that. She is a fact of my life, and I must learn to deal with it. Then one day that I permitted myself to return the emptiness, rude behavior, terrible attitude and gave her the silent treatment.  She chose to say something.  I approached the checkout and she said, "Are you Okay?" I was stunned. I could actually feel my brow, my entire face scrunch up apparently angry that she would ask. "Am I okay?" I said in disbelief. "Yes." she replied. "You are usually so upbeat and chipper." I stood in this dream-like state confused by what was going on. She looked at me and said, "I depend on you to lift my spirits every time you come in. I work three jobs, my bills are piling up, my kids need clothes for school, my husband left me and three weeks later I found out I have cancer."   I was speechless. "Now you come in with this attitude today," she said.. I actually apologized.  I never considered that she was much more than a clerk. I never tried to understand that behind that face was personal pain, life challenges and loss. Ouchy ouchy! I felt like a jerk of which I was. 
 
Gettin' back to your opening statement Joesixpack, there are uncertainties with dying and paying taxes tooooo!?  The Roman Empire continued to increase taxes until the folks revolted (i.e. sooooo where is the mighty Roman Empire anyway?).  Sooooooo the uncertainty is -- how much more taxes are you goin' have to pay?  And the uncertainty connected with dying -- Is there life after death?  Is there a heaven and a hell?  What do you have to do to get into heaven?  Some world religions believe you have to do many good works and then ya still are certain if you have done enough.  Christianity believes that you must confess your sins and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour (i.e. that's it).  Sooooooooo are you in this la la land where you don't know where you are?  Are you uncertain?  And how long is eternity?

What kind of heart do you have?  I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half of apple on it (i.e. King Solomon in Proverbs) says--Before his downfall a man's heart is proud, but humility comes before honor.  Yabut King Solomon was the smartest man who ever lived.  Yabut some call him a half hearted man as in his senior years he sorta kinda dishonored God.  Soooo do you have a loving heart, a giving heart, a tender heart, a crusty heart, a hateful heart, a kind heart, a greedy heart, a good heart, a bad heart, a jealous heart, a mean heart, a compassionate heart etc?  You know what kind of heart you have (i.e. you are the expert on answering that question).  I'm really uncertain sometimes what kind of heart you have or what kind of heart I have.  SusieQ says--If you find in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded (i.e. a giving back heart).  Sooooooo do we have a self-centered heart at times?  Maybe we have a money hungry heart (i.e. all we think and talk about is money).  I heard on TV the other night (i.e. so it must be right) that if new tax laws are passed for the super rich, they will just attorney up!  I mentioned this to a friend and he responded--They'll "lobby" up or "lobbyist" up more likely. The corporations own Washington and our democracy...it's sick.  Ouchy ouchy! ItchieBitchie says--The middle income folks and the low income folks don't have anyone lobbing for them (i.e. they don't have the money).  It's all about the money folks. My opinion--What is right seems to manage to achieve a small victory in a war that has already lost!  My opinion--I do think that the super rich need to pay more taxes but I also think we need to cut spending.  And you know what, probably neither will happen--It ain't bad enough yet.  My mentor says--It's broken and probably is nonfixable using our thinking of today (i.e. oh it will be fixed but it will be ugly ugly ugly--none of us will like it).  Where is the Roman Empire anyway?  What happened to it folks.  Where is Babylon folks (i.e. the richest city ever)?  Huh, interesting. 

I really like this picture (i.e. I'll explain later why).  I am uncertain what I think matters much in this world.  But what I think matters to God (i.e. what does God think of my inner thoughts).  Does that make any sense to you.  I had a guy tell me recently--All my money doesn't make much difference when I can't wipe my butt!  LuckieEddie says--Early returns show that we need to enjoy our inner life the way it is suppose to be lived; not the way the public pressures us to live our lives.  No one knows what our inner thoughts are and they don't need to know (i.e. it's very personal but gives us great satisfaction).  Do something you always wanted to do internally--find something that you really enjoy inside yourself--do what you want to do when you want to do it--don't do it to impress someone or to show off (i.e. doing it to show off is overhyped--"been-there-done-that--it's not what it's cracked up to be)--do what's important folks; it's refreshing; do what is right.  Don't worry about what others think (i.e. they won't even know).  Rise up, shout for joy!  Do it at a relaxed pace. My mentor says--Doing something that takes self discipline is very rewarding.  CadillacJack says--I'm certain that God commands us to honor and glorify him.  I'm convinced that God does not play dice.  We gotta do what is right.  You know what is right. Yes you do.  Soooooo ask yourself, what should I do.  Answer it and do it (i.e. it's like silver bullet magic or a secret silicon chip).  Develop a new heart.  I read in the paper so it must be right--More than half of 4 to 6 year olds, when asked to choose between watching TV and spending time with their father, would rather watch TV.  Ouchy ouchy!  The picture is of our son and their little girl, Charlotte.  What do you think his inner thoughts are?  I do know what my inner thoughts are when I look at this picture (i.e. very cool stuff).  LuckieEddie says--Okay okay I'm not going to be the person I'm expected to be by others any more.  I'm going to be me and find inner confidence.  I wish you the best LuckieEddie!  Accomplishing something within (e.g. getting a college degree while having a full time job and a family, losing weight, doing random kindness acts, changing a bad habit, accomplishing a life without an inheritance, being self-sufficient, running three miles etc--you know what you have accomplished and are real proud internally of it).  My mentor says--It's a great feeling to accomplish something that you did on your own!  It gives a person a great inner satisfaction.  Yabut SlickDuaneTheWorm (i.e. is as irratating as a dripping faucet) would rather be a faker (i.e. blow smoke).  Such is life. 

Okay folks, I'm training to run three miles.  I haven't ever run three miles in my life.  Now I'm 65, have weak knees, and planning to run a 5K.  3 miles is not very far for you long distance runners but for maybe 90% of Americans who can't run around the block, it's a long ways. I just completed week two of my training.  http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml  If I can do it, you can too (e.g. put your toe in the water).  I suggest you do it.  It really feels good to be trying this.  It's just something I want to do and it makes me feel good.  It beats sitting on the couch eating chips!  I'm not certain if my knees will allow me to do it but I'm going to give it a shot.  So far soooooo good!

SusieQ says--Please look for things that touch your inner feelings and cherish them for although it may sound trite to some, these things are the "stuff" of life.  The little things are put here on earth to enjoy. The things we often take for granted. We must make it important to notice them, for at any time...it can all be taken away.
MissPerfect says--That should do it, enjoy your life.  MissPerect, are we doing alright here?  MissPerfect--Absolutely!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Almost always it is the fear of being ourselves that brings us to the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment