October 15, 2011

It's a boo-boo owie!

If I'm wrong but think I'm right (i.e. maybe 'cause of $$$ or power or ego or lack of knowledge) then I will be right in my own mind, right  But you know what? I really have a boo-boo owie if I do not discern what is right from wrong. Many times it appears it's very difficult for all of us to figure out what is right as we are not very open minded and of course, we are programed by our past. Oh that discernment! How do you get discernment? We are constantly bombarded with messages that seek to influence us—advertisements, peer pressure, parental wishes, friendly advice, educational instruction, and more. Do those around us give us good counsel? Joesixpack says--Seek folks who are good folks and mimic them! Your life will be much better.  Oh ya!

WalMartFrank says--Many are like me, we know and judge from a very limited knowledge, which is often not knowing at all.  Who? What? When?  Ya, we hear something and we think it's fact.  Sometimes it's better not to listen to stuff as folks are just setting us up!  I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it--Jesus says, Therefor consider carefully how you listen. You think soooooo?  Here is a boo-boo owie example but it's sooooooooooo funny (i.e. my opinion)  http://media.mtvnservices.com/player/loader/?CONFIG_URL=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.mtvnservices.com%2Fplayer%2Fconfig.jhtml%3Furi%3Dmgid%253Acms%253Amvideo%253Acmt.com%253A40319%26group%3Dmusic%26type%3Dnoesi%26ref%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2F36ohk6dgmcd1n.c.yom.mail.yahoo.net&uri=mgid%3Acms%3Amvideo%3Acmt.com%3A40319&group=music&type=noesi&ref=http://36ohk6dgmcd1n.c.yom.mail.yahoo.net

Recently I had breakfast with a friend.  One of the topics we talked about was his father (i.e. a good, God fearing man).  My friend told me of a memory he had of his father dealing with Parkinson disease (i.e. his father had such a great attitude which resulted in a great memory for my friend). What a great talk we had--my friend got tears in his eyes.  Many older folks in older denominations don't seem to express their faith very much (i.e. either maybe they don't have any or they think it's very personal or they say they are German or they were programed that way or...!  SusieQ says--Many don't say much until they are about ready to die then they tell the minister that they are saved (i.e. they want the funeral to go well).  To talk about Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit, salvation or anything like that makes some folks nervous (i.e. maybe a boo-boo owie)!  "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life.  Because almost everything �€" all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure �€" these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important."  Steve Jobs--Stanford University’s 2005 commencement speech  ~  A friend told me he was a Buddest-- converted to Buddhism but that he was born and confirmed Lutheran.  So is he in heaven?

It's a boo-boo owie how capitalism tries to take advantage of folks who don't understand very well (i.e. get their money).  Here is an example--I get this mailer and on it is written--2nd attempt, Request for immediate action--time sensitive material enclosed.  Underneath that it says--Warning $2,000, 5 years imprisonment or both for any person interfering or obstructing with delivery of this letter U.S. Mail TTT.18U.S. Code.  Man that sounds official.  They were just trying to get an extended warranty on a car.  Yabut for some they think they need to call immediately and pay!  An elderly person said to me recently--I really didn't want it but I bought it just to get rid of his constant badgering me!  Ouchy ouchy--boo-boo owie!!  What do you think about all the demonstrations in NY, IA and all over the world?  WildWillie asks--Do you think the wealth of our country is getting more and more in the hands of a few? SusieQ says--Of course it is. Asmartyoungman said to me--erv, Consolidation of wealth to the utmost. Deplorable.  Soooooo folks, is it a boo-boo owie?  I read this in the paper so it must be right--Warren Buffett's last years income was $62,855,038.  Soooooo are you jealous of him?  Are you jealous of your neighbor who is making a lot more than you?  Do you feel bad for the person who lost their job?  Do you feel bad for the person who really doesn't want to work but wants a free hand out?  Could you live on $8 a hour or on $7 corn? I talked with a John Deere retiree.  She told me that she was a line supervisor for 30 years.  Got up at 4 and was at work by 5, worked to 2:30 on a regular day and 4:30 on overtime days.  She did this 5 and 6 days a week for 30 years.  Would you do this?  I don't think I could do that! 

It's a boo-boo owie to always think about the good things you have done in your life.  My Mommy, Anna, always told me--erv, when you do something good, forget about it and make plans to do another good thing.  ItchieBitchie asks--How is greatness measured anyway?  Sooooooooo is it important to share your knowledge, talents, experiences and your faith so others can glean from them which might make their lives more exciting?  What do you think folks?  Well I finished Proverbs.  Good stuff!  ANYWAY the second to the last verse says--Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.  I praise my Mom, Anna, as she feared the LORD (i.e. had a great heart--my kind of person).  I miss her--always will!  Her death was a boo-boo owie to me!  MissPerfect says--Yabut, our culture continually makes judgments based on appearance and money (i.e. a boo-boo owie mistake).   Such is life.

Talk about our culture and it's boo-boo owies!  ItchieBitchie says--I walked past the car with the noisy kids. It's not unusual for a car with several kids to be noisy but these kids were loud.  The kids were screaming and throwing what appeared to be a temper tantrum. I heard what sounded like an elderly woman in the car say, "Ain't nothing wrong with them but spoiled."

My Daddy, Chester, told me--Folks who care for folks who can't stroke them back financially or egotistically, are really the great folks of this world (i.e. who did Jesus really care about?).   That is what my Daddy said.  The boo-boo owie leper mission project!  I woke up during the middle of the night this week and was thinking about four folks.  They all have a boo-boo owie and are maybe treated like a leper by the general society (i.e. general society being the self centered, glitzy, all for me folks).  CadillacJack says--What are you saying erv?  All four of these folks are long time residents of care centers.  They don't want to be there but their conditions force them (i.e. they have no choice).  These four folks all go to the same church that I attend.  It appears to me that when folks have a physical or mental condition, many times they are treated like a leper (i.e. no one wants to be around them or talk to 'em--we live in a perfect world).  ANYWAY I sent them each a note telling them that I woke up thinking of them and told them that I said a little prayer for them.  Maybe you and I can do our own little " boo-boo owie leaper mission project".  What do you think?  Each week contact at least one person who society may consider a leper.  Do it by either phone, note or email.  You say--what do I say?  Okay I will help you.  The main line is "I care about you".  Another line is "I have been thinking of you".  Keep it simple (e.g. I have been thinking of you and said a little prayer for you).  I really care about you.  It's sincere or you wouldn't be doing it.  Make it personal about you and them (i.e. I was playing golf today and know you would really would of liked to be playing on this beautiful day or I was raking leaves and thought how much you enjoyed being outside in the fall).  Okay, now I'm really going to make it easy for you.  All the hospitals and care centers have an email address that you can send your notes to for the folks who are there.  They will delivery them for you to your friends and acquaintances (i.e. even send pictures with your notes--they will print them and deliver them).  It takes 30 seconds to do and you will make a leper feel oh sooooooo gooooood.  Soooooooo throw those chips away, get your butt off the couch and do it.  Some day you might be the leper!    Not doing it is a boo-boo owie folks sooooo quite your snortin', bulkin' and buckin' and do it!  My mentor says--To be successful you got to do things NOW! Be courageous friends. 

Arlene and I went to the movie "Courageous" Sunday afternoon.  The movie is about being a good daddy.  And the heart of the matter is having Christ at the center of your life and family (i.e. daddy, if you think otherwise, you just got faked out of your jockstrap).  Kids have a huge massive disadvantage a.k.a. boo-boo owie if they don't have a good daddy the movie shows.  Ever daddy should go see it.  The movie audience applauded when it was done.  Huh, interesting.  I'm reading the New Testament with others from our church in a chronological Bible reading plan www.esv.org/biblerreadingplans I'm really enjoying it (i.e. I like the chronological reading).  ANYWAY While eating my oatmeal with strawberries on it, this is what I read--Jesus says, but seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and...!  LuckieEddie says--You're pretty courageous to talk about this stuff erv!  Maybe so LuckieEddie but do you notice that we many times don't talk about stuff that's really important.  Such is life.

We all have boo-boo owies in our lives.  And we probably all handle them differently to some degree I would guess.  David, the shepard boy said--The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine. Have you ever heard of the song-- “The Victory Song” by Ken Medema? The words are simple, yet profoundly true: “Every day is a victory, every day is a victory, every day is a victory—when you put it in the hands of the Lord.”  Some of you may  -- Call me Crazy but I really believe that. 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--A ladder is of no value unless you climb it.

No comments:

Post a Comment