October 29, 2011

Tap tap

Tap Tap!  Joesixpck says--This "It's Saturday" could be a haunted message--read it you dare! Be careful of those ghouls and goblins! HolyCatFish! It's a bloody mess! Beware, this might be toooooo gory for women!  Soooooo if your stomach gets a little queasy, just stop reading. 

Two men were walking home after a Halloween party and decided to take a shortcut through the cemetery just for laughs. Right in the middle of the cemetery, they were startled by a tap-tap-tapping noise coming from the misty shadows. Trembling with fear, they found an old man with a hammer and chisel, chipping away at one of the headstones. "Holy cow, Mister," one of them said, after catching his breath, "You scared us half to death! We thought you were a ghost! What are you doing working here so late at night?" "Those fools!" the old man grumbled. "They misspelled my name!"

Witchy Witchy Scary Scary!  Technology has and will change our environment.  I see that Kodak is near bankruptcy.  Not too many years ago it made cameras, sold the film, and developed the pictures (i.e. had a monopoly).  It had 680,000 world wide employees.  They were the king of the heap.  But then--Tap tap!  Digital cameras came in and they didn't get on the cutting edge and the world passed them by.  Now folks take pictures and have them on facebook within seconds for the whole world to see compared to a month that it took Kodak to get the pictures out.  GeorgeTheCrook says--When you get behind in the race, it's hard to catch up!  Now that is scary scary!  Ya just have to keep weavin' and bobin' through the world folks or end up being a ghost!  The former employees are very concerned about their pensions now.  They never gave it a thought when Kodak was the king of the hill.  Ouchy ouchy!  As my mentor says--When things are going well, we think they will always be good and when things are going bad, we think they will always be bad.  Such is life.

Trick or treat!  AARP's ad on TV says something like this--We are 50 million and we want to be heard.  We will be heard come voting time (i.e. voting pressure). Don't forget us.  Is that manipulation or a trick or what?  I'm befuddled!  Can emotions trick us?  My Daddy, Chester, told me--erv, don't let emotions get in your business decisions (i.e. make business decisions with your brain, not your heart).  LuckieEddie says--Emotions are the trick of the devil.  No man of sense, I think, will pay them much attention; Ya must overcome passion to make good business decisions.  Yabut LuckieEddie, isn't it a treat to make some decisions with your heart?  I'm biting my tongue on that one!  Here is another possible trick or treat--MissPerfect says--Theirs (i.e. meaning a certain church denomination) is not the only route to salvation even though they think soooo. 

Tap tap!  SlickDuaneTheWorm tries to trick folks all the time.  Sometimes if folks are gullible, he is successful but most folks, who have any brains at all, figure him out quite fast.  Sooooooo why don't you tap tap him on the shoulder and ask him why he acts that way? 

Tap tap! The folks down the street sorta kinda get into Halloween!  It looks like a haunt with a lot of chills and thrills. It's frighting to me.  It's a panic park that's freaky, scary and spooky.  WildWilly says--I don't know if my neighbor lady forgot to put on her makeup or if she was just scaring folks on Halloween?  I mean she was scary!  I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. Tap tap! There was a tap tap on the door. It was another trick or treater. The little muskin had written on his shirt--Time to reload--I'm out of sugar!

Tap Tap!  The midnight ride--Of Paul for beer--Led to a warmer--Hemisphere--Burma Shave  ~  Tap Tap, be careful of the naysayers, they can scare the living crap out of a guy.  Oh ya!  Moses sent 12 spies and 10 were negative but Caleb and Joshua were positive.  Tragically, the naysayers' majority report swept through the camp and prevailed.  The majority of the world says--Earn more, spend more, and want more.  Tragically the majority philosophy sweeps through the country like a wild fire.  CadillacJack says--Remember (i.e. even though it's not the majority opinion)--You are not what you own (i.e. stuff). The attitude of "more will be enough" will cause you many headaches.  But don't worry, the government will bail you out, or mom (i.e. tap tap)!  Which ever one is the easiest.  Such is life

Tap tap, follow me!  I was thinking about why folks follow certain folks while on my nearly daily walk.  Think about the strong leaders in your community (e.g. business person, pastor, coach, philanthropist, someone in local government).  Now think of a strong leader nationally (e.g. President Lincoln, Tiger Woods, Jim Jones, Billy Graham, Bernie Madoffers, Martin Luther King, or Warren Buffet).  Now think of a strong international leader (e.g. Muhammad, Gandhi, The Pope, Hitler, Luther, Eisenhower).  Sooooo sometimes these folks almost develop a cult following it seems.  These leaders are idolized to the point where they almost become a god to some folks.  Now that can be scary (i.e. my opinion).  MonsterWanda says--It seems folks really buy into some leadership hook, line and sinker (i.e. like a feeding frenzy--like wild dogs smelling blood or BigBertha smelling chocolate).  AverageJoe says--Sometimes that's good, sometimes that is bad and sometimes it doesn't make any difference.  Such is life. 

Well, my name is Jim, but most folks call me---------------Jim!  Okay movie buffs, what movie is that from?  Jim says--Well look me in the eye will ya and tell me ya love me.  I want to make sure you aren't "phony baloney"!  People will tell folks almost anything to gain an advantage (i.e. now that's scary folks--wicky wacky icky).  Here is another line that made me laugh from that movie--Reverend Johnson: Now I don't have to tell you good folks what's been happening in our beloved little town. Sheriff murdered, crops burned, stores looted, people stampeded, and cattle raped. The time has come to act, and act fast. I'm leaving.

BigBetsy (i.e. she gives me the creeps) says--I feel "ohsoooooogood" when I think I'm #1 in the food chain of importance (i.e. she thinks she's the Queen of Sheba--she screams showey--her outfit cost more than my car is worth).  MissPerfect says--I have friends who might be cannibals   Na, come on MissPerfect, cannibals!  Yep, cannibals.  They (i.e.vultures who eat the weak) will eat anyone, including their friends, to make themselves look better.  In fact, they might even eat their own babies.  Now that is creepy and spooky MissPerfect.  They use bad gossip to run others down but they and their family are the greatest (i.e. I'm positively and confident that they are the ultimate mean).  MissPerfect, my Mommy, Anna, told me--Little people run others down in hopes of making themselves look bigger but big people say good things about others to built them up (i.e. a grown woman's effort)!  SusieQ says--This crap is as serious as a heart attack.  It destroys a person's heart worse than a heart attack.  Now that is creepy and spooky and scary folks.  SweetheartNikke says--I hope those cannibals get a tap tap on their hearts and they have change of heart. Listen to the little voice in our brains folks (i.e. we all have it) that says--We are to lift folks up who are weak, not eat them up!  Come on, every one knows that!  JaneThePain a.k.a. apreviouscannibal says--An attitude of helping the weak changes a mule to a racehorse (i.e. it did me)!  It's like changing from a kid scared of Halloween stuff to a being a grown up woman.  King Solomon says--When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.  MissPerfect, have you noticed that your cannibal friends talk to themselves a lot?  There is a reason--CannibalSally says--I talk to myself because I like dealing with a better class of people (i.e. the only thing she likes is herself)!

Whitchie Whitch says--Those buggers are after me!  They are tapping on my shoulder--tap tap!  Now that is scary as oligarchy ol·i·gar·chy - government by the few - a government in which a small group exercises control especially for corrupt and selfish purposes or ineptocracy (in-ept-o-cra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.  ScaryBarry a.k.a. the creepy cat  says--When things are scary in my head, I always wonder how much is true and how much is invented (e.g. a little kid scared of the dark and all the creatures). ScaryBarry, maybe you have been drinking tooooooo much of the Halloween potion. 

This story is almost as scary as the Jack-O-LanternWitch in the picture (i.e. watch out for that Jack-O-LanternWitch when trick and treatin' kids).  A photographer for a national magazine was assigned to take pictures of a great forest fire. He was advised that a small plane would be waiting to fly him over the fire. The photographer arrived at the airport just an hour before sundown. Sure enough, a small Cessna airplane was waiting. He jumped in with his equipment and shouted, "Let's go!" The tense man sitting in the pilot's seat swung the plane into the wind and soon they were in the air, though flying erratically. "Fly over the north side of the fire," said the photographer, "and make several low-level passes." "Why?" asked the nervous pilot. "Because I'm going to take pictures!" yelled the photographer. "I'm a photographer, and photographers take pictures." After a long pause, the "pilot" replied: "You mean you're not my instructor?"  Psssssst!  I know for fact that if you peel off the outfit of TheJack-O-LanternWithch in the picture, you'll find a not very scary person!  Such is life.

Tap tap! Scary Scary! When the disciples saw Him walking on the lake by their boat, they said--It is a ghost! And He replied--Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid. I bet the disciples' jaws dropped when they say Him walking on water.  I bet it was scary! 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Your day goes the way the corners of your mouth turn.











No comments:

Post a Comment