November 10, 2011

Forks in the road

If you do the things when you need to do them--then someday--you can do the things you want to do when you want to do them.  Missperfect says--Take the right forks in the road of life folks.  Yogi Berra says--When you come to a fork in the road...Take it! LuckieEddie says--Life is complicated but it's simple! I saw the ad on TV this week for the last race of NASCAR this season.  I guess the point standing is very close and this last race will determine the winner.  The ad said--Nothing beats "First Place"!  Sooooooo there you go, ya gotta take the right fork (i.e. groove in track or be lucky and have the other guy get a flat tire) in the road to be #1 in the point standings folks. 

DuaneTheWorm says--I take the forks in the road to make myself look good (i.e. it's important to me).  They might not necessarily be the best for others but they are the best for me.  It's a diversion from reality.  I really don't care much of others; I'm just concerned about myself.  Actually folks, DuaneTheWorm affects everyone the same..he makes every one's life worse!  And what's worse, guys like that never seems to figure it out.  Know what I mean!  DuaneTheWorm isn't on the same road as most of you folks who have massive huge hearts (i.e. good real folks).  Soooooo we all need to think about the forks in the road that we are about ready to take in life. 

Arlene and I have crossed some rough waters together--like oceans it seems at times (i.e. no different than any of you)!  We get to choose our attitude about the rough waters.  That's sorta kinda like choosing the fork in the road.  Life is much more fun/productive when we play like our hair is on fire! My mentor/professor says--The past is the past but what we do in the future is what's important (i.e. in other words, move forward taking the right fork in the road).  CadillacJack says--Attitude seems to help with fork selection.  What do you think?  How is your attitude?  Does it need an attitude adjustment?  Here is a sure source of adjusting your attitude.  EXERCISE!  LuckieEddie says--Every one's thinkin' is better when they exercise.  It stimulates the mind (i.e. developes a whole different thinkin' process).  Soooooo there you go folks.  And you know what--It costs you nutten.  Now that's a deal!

Sometimes we have outrageous fortune (i.e. good and bad).  I don't like it when things don't go my way but I guess things happen that way!  Now isn't that the truth.  SusieQ says--Many times I call the "end around play" (i.e. a play around end to avoid the mess, congestion, and the masses).  Do you ever do that?  Sometimes it appears that things just fall in my lap (i.e. both good and bad).  I seem to have no control over events and stuff in my life.  That's when life gives you no choice! Stuff just happens.  It seems like it's just luck.  Jean de La Fontaine, a 17th century French poet, believed; Luck is always to blame!  GeorgeTheCrook asks--What else does life have in store for me?  Funny how life just keeps on changing, huh! Now I'm an old guy all of sudden! Life seems to go sooooo fast.  It's real life folks.

He just wrote his third book The Crooked Number.  I just finished the book of my favorite author, Nathan Jorgenson.  It's about a young MN man who goes to dental school at the U of M who loves baseball, the Twins and comes from a small MN town.  It's about family, friends, relationships, feelings, amateur baseball, sadness, fun times using many funny stories and sayings.  There is sex and some colorful language in it also sooooooo if that bothers you...!  Here is something from the book about forks in our roads--"Grant was thinking about his life the night before his surgery--Nobody knew about him or his problem.  And if they knew, they wouldn't care.  Not really.  Even his best friends would greet the news of his sickness or death with indifference, just like Carol's plane crash.  Oh, Grant Thorson died of cancer.  That's too bad, they'd say.  Then they'd shake their heads in a show of regret, and go on with their lives without him"   And here is a phrase on the lighter side from the book--Clark, the obnoxious dental professor that everyone hated, said to Grant when giving him his final grade--"There.  You're done at last," Clark sneered.  "I'll bet when I die you'll come back and piss on my grave."  "Nope," Grant started, then he made a point to stare directly into Clark's eyes.  "I took a vow that when I left this place I'd never stand in line again."  This would be a great Christmas gift for a guy in your life (i.e. my opinion--but just 'cause I like it, you might not). 

So be it! I seem to like to take the fork in the road that many others take.  The ones who have esprit de corps!  These folks seem to emerge as catalysts for great transformations.  I like to hang around with these folks.  I guess everyone gets to decide who they want to hang around with (i.e. which fork in the road we want to take).  Enthusiasm is infectious but apathy is infectious too.  ItchieBitchie seems nonplussed about this--he just doesn't get it folks!  Will he ever "getit" do you think? I have have had good things happen to me 'cause of the forks in the road I chose and I have had bad things happen to me 'cause of the forks in the road I chose and I have had some outrageous fortune (i.e. things I have had no control over both good and bad) happened to me.  This I do not understand while on this earth.  A gal of our support staff at our office some years ago (i.e. a gal with a massive huge good heart) use to say--erv, shit just happens!  His understanding I cannot fathom--God is God--And that's just the way it is.

ChancesR you want it your way!  But sometimes the fork in the road does not take you that way (i.e. not what we want but what we get).  Sometimes it's good to take the road less traveled.  Life's like traveling and traveling is like reading a book.  St. Augustine once said-- The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.  Have you ever taken the wrong fork in the road?  Or are you on the wrong fork now?  If soooo, turn around immediately--like NOW!  The sooner you do the better you will be.  You will say--I can just see it now; I should have turned around earlier.  Yes I should have.  I read this on facebook what a friend wrote--I am aware that I am less than some people prefer me to be but most people are unaware that I am so much more than what they see.  Isn't that the truth, we seem not to see sooooooo much good in others and just think they took the wrong fork in the road.  Like a friend says--erv, it's none of your business what others do.  I think he is saying, erv, you just pay attention to the forks in the road for yourself and don't try to fix others.  Another friend says to me about some outrageous fortune that is happening to me--erv, you are a fixer and you can't fix this sooooo it's very hard on you.  Maybe he's is right. 

MissPerfect says--When we look back at the forks in the our lives that we were forced to take, we say "thankyouGod" for forcing me to take the one I didn't really want to. MissPerfect goes on to say--2004 was a disappointing year for me. I spent countless hours (and $1,500 I could ill afford) applying to graduate schools, only to be rejected. I wondered what good could come from such failure. Years later, it’s clear to me that God used those circumstances to answer prayers I didn’t even know I had. If I hadn’t been rejected by Notre Dame, I wouldn’t have met my husband in California. Soooooooo folks, just think about all the good that has happened to you 'cause you took a certain fork in the road.  If you would have taken the other fork, we all wonder about the miserable results that might have happened.  Is that luck or happenstance?  Na, I don't think sooooooo.  For those of you who believe in total predestination, you don't have to worry about anything now do ya!!!!!  You don't have to worry about any forks in the road of your life--it's all predestined for you.  I must admit, I think we all have decisions in deciding which fork in the road we take (i.e. that's my opinion).  I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it--I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world (i.e. this was in red sooooooo...). 

Different forks in the road for different folks.  ItchieBitchie asks--Do you hear the Bible stories and parables of Jesus different than the poor folks in the third world countries?  How about if you lived 100 A.D or 500 A.D. or 1,000 A.D. or 2011 A.D.?  It might be egregious how we interpret them compared to how they were meant to be understood.  Sooooooo, maybe my chequered past might have programed me to understand them in a way which someone else might not understand (i.e. 'cause I decided to take a different fork, was forced to take a differnt fork or that fork just happened). 

I think I have read all of John Grisham's 27 books (i.e. that's pretty good for a guy who really didn't care to read until he was about 35--took a different fork in the road).  I really like his new one The Litigators.  I read it in a few sittings (i.e. I read while watching football--multi taskin').  I think it's more refreshing than some of his others--lighter (i.e. down right funny at times).  A great read (i.e. my opinion).

Turkeys must even take forks in the road.  One of our little grand daughters, Erin, sings this song--Five fat turkeys are we We slept all night in the tree When the cook came around, we couldn't be found And that is why we are here, you see Chop Four fat turkeys are we..... Three fat turkey are we..... Two fat turkeys are we..... One little turkey ran away. Ran away from home today, gobble gobble gobble gobble said he. A thanksgiving turkey I will not be. No sir e.
 
MissPerfect says--When you do what you did, you get what you got!  In some cases, it might be the forks in the road you took that resulted in the place you are today.  Soooooooooooo take the right forks folks!  Such is life. 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--The prayer of a righteoues man is poewerful and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment