November 26, 2011

the flow--Thnaksgiving

The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of a wise man is in his heart ~ Benjamin Franklin ~  I must be a fool as I sure ate a lot at our Thanksgiving dinner.  Soooooo did you go with the flow at Thanksgiving?  I mean did you eat pie?  We had a chocolate pie, and a pumpkin pie. Oh! My! Pie!  I read in the paper, so it must be right, that 1 in 5 Americans have eaten an entire pie by themselves!  Are you one of the 5?   I hope I'm thankful for all the blessings I have.  I think I am but sometimes it's hard to analyze myself (i.e. typically, folks think they are better than what they are).  Surely you understand, don'tja?!

MildredTheWildTurkey says--Let’s be honest: sometimes it’s hard to be thankful because we are self-absorbed. It’s easy to think that our problems are more urgent and serious than other people’s. But serving others is a practical way to become more thankful and less selfish.  Reflect: If you find it difficult this year to be thankful, take time off from thinking about yourself. Instead, think of one way to serve those around you. Use it as an act of thanksgiving and praise.  SusieQ says--My thankfulness is sorta kinda an ebb and flow!

ItchieBitchie says--Run now, eat later. I'm very thankful for our family.  We have had the opportunity to be together here in Morrison, CO (i.e. three grand kids and a dog).  Well, I did it.  I ran a 5K (i.e. 3.12 miles) Thanksgiving morning at Clement Park in Littleton.  The run/walk is called The Clement Park Gobble Wobble.  I had the opportunity to run with our family (i.e. James, Chet (i.e. Mable their dog ran with him), Jessica, and I ran while Arlene and Heather walked--Heather is a runner but couldn't run soooooo sooooooon after childbirth).  Now that is something that I'm thankful for and it will be a great memory.  I guess some of you would think that's going against the flow of most families.  Maybe soooooooo and maybe not!  Surely you understand my feelings, don'tja!

Runner magazines say you got to get in the flow a.k.a. the grove.  I seem to get in the flow but my flooooooow is a slooooooooow flow.  Arlene says--erv, you gotta remember your old!  What!  I'm not old compared to some folks who are 100.  LuckieEddie says--When your memories outweigh your dreams, then you are old.  I ran my 5k in a time of  34.51.  I really don't know if I will be "really" a runner.  I'm just a half-ass runner at this point I think.  Surely some of you understand.  Hey, when I started training, I didn't know if I could run 3.12 miles.  Sooooo now I can do it but I think I should run faster. What's gong on anyway erv!  And you know what folks--no one really cares except me (i.e. it all goes for naught).  TomTheWildGobbler says--erv, take it easy on yourself "you'rejustoneoldbaldturkey", just go with the flow.  Relax a little bit!  Yabut, the slowest turkey gets his head cut off--usually!!!!!  A friend told me to just enjoy the moment and remember it.  Another friend said--Remember it's not about the time you get, it's about the time you're having.  Enjoy your time with your family. I did not see another runner my age of the approximately 600 folks in the GobbleWobble.  I thought one lady who ran by me for a little while was my age.  I said to a lady--Not many runners in our age group--she said, how old are you--65--oh, I'm 57 (i.e. ouchy ouchy--never guess a woman's age).  I tell you what--it felt good to be able to do it.  FYI James--26.45 ~ Chet--28.45 ~ Jessica--33.58

We had a most delightful Thanksgiving dinner late afternoon.  It was just plain delicious.  James and Heather invited a couple of their couplefriendsandfamiles plus a neighbor who's husband was gone for Thanksgiving.  They all brought their favorite dishes.  All the 5 adult guests were not native of CO.  They were from IL, MD, NY, NJ, and CT.  They all came for the Rockies and stayed.  JennfromNewEngland brought a creamed onion dish that was really different and good (i.e. I like onions).  She said they have that a lot in CT area.  I made a couple of my Mom's favorite salads too (i.e. they were good and also made me think of Anna).  Their neighbor, IL-Erica age 38,  actually ran in the Gobble Wobbly tooooo.  Se has been running for about a year and ran her personal best--35.57.  She was excited.

Sometimes the flow hits a snag (i.e. like the flow of the river having a ice dam).  Those snags make us wonder sometimes.  We have the choice to concentrate on the snag or be thankful for all the times the flow goes oh sooooo well.  And there will be snags in life, oh ya.  Soooooo don't be surprised when they happen.  My deceased neighbor (i.e. a guy with a good massive huge heart--a real person) responded to his wife when he was very ill after she asked him, why him--why not me?  Soooooo folks, be thankful for all the good that you experience.  And there is a lot of good to be thankful for (i.e. my opinion).  Maybe some of you think I'm too much of a Pollyanna.  While running around Clement Lake on our 5K run there is a sign that says--Pick up your dog's poop, there is no poop fairy.  Sooooo maybe we think we deserve a fairy on our side all the time.  Such is life.

EasyFlowWilma says--It's easy to go with the flow.  You don't cause any ripples, challenges, additional work, change, or advancement.  Some folks' flow is very ridged and has a very narrow range (i.e. their interest range is very small).  Changing the flow sometimes takes someone to light a fire under the satus quo!  Ya need to take a look under the hood to see what's making the flow run!  It takes some audacious folks with some mantra to change the flow that has been runnin' for ever!  Generally someone comes along who is a bundle of feistiness and has strong notions a.k.a. a renegade or an entrepreneur.  When that change in the flow happens, it's like a breadth of fresh air for some and others, it's a pain in the butt.  Sometimes it takes a Luther to play the boggy woggy in the strangest kind of way to get the adrenalin going!  That Luther can do it folks!

Surely Jesus wasn't a flowmaster now was He.  I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it--Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and crowd, "I find no basis for a charge against this man."  But they insisted, "He stirs up the people all over Judea by his teaching.  He started in Galilee and has come all the way here."...But they kept shouting.  Crucify him!  Crucify him! Man, he was a real radical alright!

Flow says--Many folks who seem thankful also seem strong and humble and real (i.e. surely you know some of these folks).  They don't want their names mentioned.  As the saying goes--Fools' names like fools' faces, Are often seen in public places!  Joesixpack says--Yabut if you drink enough Coors, you can loose your thankful attitude and become a fool. Talking about drinking Coors, I was going to do the tour of their brewery when we were in Morrison for the birth of Easton.  I have done it before but thought it would be fun to do it again.  I went to their web site to get information about the tour and it read--No Troublemakers, Fakers, Phonies, or Frauds.  Certified Beer Drinkers Only!  Well, I not much of a beer drinker sooooo that makes me all of the above!  Soooooo instead, I went for a hike on Red Rock Trial (i.e. I did the Morrison Loop) just a little NW of the Red Rock Amphitheatre (i.e. I bet some of you have hiked it).  Besides, LuckieEddie says--Love and liquor can make you weak at the knees!  Surely some of you can understand that.  Such is life.

Surely some of you understand what AverageJoe is saying.  AverageJoe says--Sometimes we’re tempted to can the Christian life because it feels unrewarding. Growth seems painfully slow: the same sins tempt us, character flaws depress us, our spiritual life feels stale. We begin to wonder, “What’s the point of it all?”  During these spiritual dry spells, thanksgiving is difficult because we feel hopeless and discouraged. One of the first habits of the thankful heart is to remember—to spend time reflecting on the past and the ways in which God has been at work in our lives.  LuckieEddie says--One of the best "builderupers-of-the-mind" is to be thankful.  Thankful folks are much better off in sooooo many ways.  Soooooo train your mind to be THANKFUL even if it is hard.  Reflect: How has God changed you and challenged you over this last year? Thank God for the areas in your life that are under construction.

Last Saturday I stopped by a neighbor.  She uses my binoculars to look at the thermometer I  have in the window of our house each day to see if the heat is on.  ANYWAY She was chewing on something.  She said--I couldn't get the last half of the bar in the container sooooooo I was eating it.  Ya sure!  Surely I believe that!!!!  Actually another neighbor passed away and she was bringing some food over to the family.  She lost her husband this last year and said--Folks really don't understand the emotions of losing a mate until it happens.  We probably don't understand the flow of emotions until it happens to us. 

Just go with the flow! What movie is this from movie buffs? -- Rumack: I won't deceive you, Mr. Striker. We're running out of time. Ted Striker: Surely there must be something you can do. Rumack: I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley! Soooooooo movie buffs, what movie is that from.

MissPerfect says--I hope your Thanksgiving pie eating stays off your thighs and butt!

Have a FUN time my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--The impersonal hand of government can never replace the helping hand of a neighbor.






No comments:

Post a Comment