March 3, 2012

Associate/Disassociate

Would you want to associate or disassociate with her?  I met a big crusty, gritty, old SW roadrunner.  She is a tough old thunderbird let me tell you.  She seems pesty beyond her age.  She is borderline obnoxious (i.e. well, maybe over the line).  LuckieEddie says--I know her tooooo.  I have a word to describe her.  It starts with a 'b' and it ain't beautiful!  I think she is still living 'cuause God doesn't know how to  handle her and the devil doesn't want her!  She is a regular AZ dust devil folks (i.e. you might have to goggle what an AZ dust devil is)!  I wouldn't want to get on her bad side let me tell ya!  Jumpin' Josophat, I think I'll disassociate!  Saturday question--Do you know the story behind Jumpin' Josophat?  Soooooooo wonder if this person is part of your business, family, church, civic organization, hiking group, golf league, neighborhood or is your mother, mother-in-law, person of power or the person in charge?  This type of person can cause great problems and even destroy good stuff (i.e. if you know what I mean).  Ya need a shaman to fix her I think.  And you know what?  She probably doesn't have a clue that she is what she is.  Ouchy ouchy!

Creating our life's soup is quite a process alright.  We put a lot of ingredients in the old pot of soup of life.  We put in catastrophes, successes, tragedies, winning events, disasters, and great hits and stir it up and we are what we are (i.e. my mentor tells me that we are all programed by our past).  I think about folks that were/are part of my life (i.e. you guys) and others who play/played a part of my life's soup.  Some folks I'm better off associating with and others I'm better off disassociating with.  It's really hard to change others and it seems it's hard to change ourselves too (i.e. everybody thinks of changing others but no one thinks of changing himself).  Maybe we need to be careful who's attitudes we put in our soup of life.  What do you think?  Suggestion--get around happy folks with good attitudes.  Find someone who makes you laugh sooooooo hard that coffee comes out of your nose.  Getting back to that pot of soup (i.e. my life). The taste can really change from day to day, week to week, or year to year. Good and bad ingredients can really change the taste of my soup. How about you? Sooooooo folks be careful as to what you put in your soup. I realize that sometimes we have no control of the ingredients sooooo then we somehow must control our attitude. Oh that attitude!

I associated with John, John and Steve the other day (i.e. we played golf together).  I never had 2 Johns in one foursome before.  One John said--No big deal erv, every house has a John and some have 2!

Here's the skinny folks!  Some expert runners say you should associate (i.e. think about your form, breathing etc) while running and other expert runners think you should disassociate (i.e. don't think about your running but think about other stuff).  GerogeTheCrook says--You are what you think!  It's interesting to me that when I run, hike, and bike I think about stuff and when I play golf, pickle ball, and ping pong I don't think about other stuff.  Actually time goes faster when I do (i.e. disassociate).  Sooooo for me, I do some of each but more disassociating.  Some of the things I think about are just insane, just insane (i.e. you don't even want to know).  But I do need to associate some when doing those runs on those mountain trials or I could faceplant up 'erin'em'er mountains let me tell you.  And that would not be good let me tell ya!  Such is life.

Saturday question--How smart are you do you think?  Do you ever think that your wishes are God's will?  While running I decided that I'm an average person, just average.  I'm not spectacular at anything and not really bad at tooooooo many things soooooo that makes me average.  Soooooo there must be some folks above average and some below average to make others average.  I really think that you guys are above average.  I really do.  Soooooo how do you rate yourself?  Joesixpack says--erv, folks usually over evaluate themselves soooo more than likely you are below average if you think you are average.  Joesixpack, you have a point there.  DuaneTheWorm thinks he's above average but in reality he's below average--my opinion. Such is life. 

I purchased an AZ cap at the Swap Meet the other day for $3.50 tax included.  I ruined my favorite one (i.e. the Steamboat Springs cap, as I forgot I had it on and ran in the mountains with it--the sweat just stains them soooooo bad).  ANYWAY I said to the shop owner--Having a good day--typical--what does that mean--Our economy isn't worth a %@#&* and it's going to &%#@*!  I sell cheap stuff  which is all from China and my sales have gone down hill every year for the last 5 years; I'm sure others are having even a more difficult time as much of their stuff they sell folks don't need and is a lot more expensive; Thank goodness for the Canadians; they are our saviours; they have money and spend it here.

I think it's a social phenomena here in the Valley with the snowbirds.  They pretty much associate with each other pretty good. Of course you don't know their backgrounds and you aren't around them all the time.  Some need to associate with others all the time and others don't.  Some folks just plain like to be alone and others need folks stroking them constantly.  There are folks who all come from the same community back home and hang on each other all winter as well a.k.a associate and then there are others who like to meet new folks and just be independent a.k.a. disassociate. Just think how many folks you have associated with through your years--many.  Sooooo how many do you still associate with.  Sometimes you disassociate with them 'cause you find out they don't agree with your values, morals, life styles etc.  Sometimes you find out they are jackasses.  Sometimes they don't want to be around you either.  We associate with folks for many reasons and we disassociate with folks for many reasons.  Such is life.  We are all different, now that is for sure soooo we do different things and think differently.  "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away." -- Thoreau --  Back to the Valley Folks (i.e. many are seasoned folks let me tell ya).  I talked to one of those seasoned ladies the other day.  SeasonedTille said--I can't figure out how some old folks can be so cantankerous.  Now I know.  A high-school classmate of mine moved in our 55+ community.  Guess What?  She was a little snippy, gossip in high school, and she still is!  We just become more of whatever we are--that is good news and bad!  Hey listen, there are many many nice folks here.  Many let me tell ya (i.e. they are like Superman, invisible, helping others.  Such is life.

Talk about jackasses!  A donkey is a cross between a mule and a horse.  A donkey is used to carry cargo on trails as they are sooooooo sure footed.  You know why?  'Cause their eyes are farther back in their head soooooo they can see all their feet unlike a horse who can't see their feet at all and must remember where to steep causing more failures.  Here is a myth of the Calvary of the SW:  They rode donkeys and not horses.  Did you know that the forts were probably the biggest economy stimulus of the early settlers?  Once the war with the Indians and bad buys was over, they closed the forts and broke the early settlers.  I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that AZ was the 48th state in the Union and is only 100 years old.  Where do you think all the bad guys went?  You got it -- AZ!  Soooooo maybe you don't want to dissociate with the human form of jackasses but associate with the real jackass (i.e. they just might have a place in your life).  I was running in the mountains one day and I met this guy.  He called me a Sherpa.  I said I surely wasn't but he insisted I had to be if I could run on these mountain paths.  Saturday question--Do you know if the conquistadors rode horses or donkeys?

I usually don't associate with NASCAR but I did Monday night.  A friend and I were talking on the phone and he told me about the blower truck crash during the Daytona 500 that just happened sooooo I turned it on.  I ended up watching the rest of it.  It looks to me who ever doesn't crash wins.  Sooooo I emailed my brother-in-law (i.e. a car nut) and asked him if he stayed up and watched it (i.e. he lives in the eastern time zone soooo the race ended about 1).  His response--I did stay up to watch it, and I'm getting no sympathy for being tired!  The next one is in Phoenix, so you should go.  Sooooo I emailed my friend who was talking to me on the phone if he ended up watching it.  Here is his response-- Yes I did stay up and watch.  I'm not a huge Nascar fan but I do like restricter plate races where they all bunch up and usually there are big crashes.   The picture are of some of the drives standing on the track waiting for the repair of the tract being done.  It seems to me like all the drives have the same built. Wonder why! MissPerfect says--Maybe it's 'cause if your were a fat driver you couldn't get through the window to get into the car. Now that good be. 

Associate/Disassociate is a decision you must make.  That is to associate with God or disassociate with God.  I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it--While others may find their fulfillment in the acquisition of wealth or the accumulation of things in doing something better than everyone else, or in the plaudits of their peers, my foremost desire is to be the object of Your love and to be Your child and be Your servant forever.  Cadillac Jack says--The pain of  sacrifice is nothing compared to the pain of regret.

Ron might not want to associate with me and Kent after hiking  Camelback with us  The picture was as Ron put it--a happier time.  It's when we were at the top before his whirling helicopter ride.  We could end up on his disassociate list!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Don't brood over your troubles--you'll only hatch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment