February 25, 2012

Being real

How would you make a marriage work? Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. *Ricky, age 10  Now that is not being really real Ricky!  Pastor John talked about courage Sunday.  He said--courage encourages courage.  I pray to be courageous so I can glorify and honor God.  Yes I do.  But it's still hard to be courageous all the time (i.e. I'm being real folks).

It said on a plumber's truck here in Sun Valley--Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber!  The other morning I was impatient with Arlene and hurt her feelings (i.e. I was a real drip).  I apologized and she was soooooo kind in accepting it but I still wasn't happy with my self (i.e. I was not kind and should have been--it's hard to take something back after you did it).  I went and played golf with some nice folks but didn't really have my heart in it (i.e. I still felt bad).  I didn't play exceptionally well (i.e. maybe my expectations are greater than my ability).  ANYWAY When going to the parking lot, I came face to face with a veteran (i.e. he had a veteran's cap on) and I said hi and he asked me how I was.  Sooooooo how was I?  I think I said good!  I said back to him--How are you--great; after spending 11 months at Iwo Jima, every day is good day.  A gal who I played golf with and I both said--thank you for serving and he replied--It was a job we had to do!  I told a another gal we played with that she was a real person.  I asked her how tall she was--she said 4'11' but have shrunk to her current height of 4'10".  She was 72, single (i.e. divorced twice and for 35 years).  She later came up to me and said--She would rather be married but it didn't work out that way.  She plays 5 times a week and was a pretty good golfer.  I think she almost beat me.  I enjoyed her company and the other two folks. Yes I did.

Do you ever lie to yourself?  A officer pulled over a guy and said--sir, I have you going 65 in a 55 and I don't thing you had you seat belt on.  Did you?  Officer, I did but was just struggling getting my license out.  If you don't believe me ask my wife.  Mam, did your husband have his seat belt on?  She said--I never go against my husband when he is drinking!  MissPerfect asks--Do you ever lie to yourself.  Honesty can be a struggle for all of us (i.e. we are not always real).  Being an honest person means more than not lying; there are fibs, white lies, half-truths, clever deceptions, exaggerations, etc.  Jesus make it very simple, "let your 'Yes' be 'Yes' and 'No,' 'No"  Matthew 5:37

Arlene does exercises with some ladies each morning.  She really enjoys them as she says they are soooooo sweet, authentic, genuine, real gals.  They don't flaunt their wealth or pretend to be anything but are who they are.  They are just soooooooo nice to her without trying to impress or puff themselves up.  She also really likes our neighbor, Karen.  They go together and after wards have coffee with several of the gals.  Soooooooo I asked Arlene why she likes Karen soooooo much--Arlene said--'Cause she is soooooooooo real! 

I played golf with a friend and his grand son this week.  Ryan is 17, a junior in high school in ND, 6'2'  140 pounds and hits the ball 300 yards consistently with a little draw.  He is a fine young man and a good golfer.  He has potential to a great person and a great golfer (i.e. he has a good start but he will have to make his decisions and we all know decisions have consequences).  ANYWAY on the 14 tee box, Ryan said to me--In playing golf with my granddad and his buddies, you're the first person that doesn't wear hearing aids and actually can see my drives!!!  Now that is being real.  Such is life.  If you want to make the picture bigger, just click on it.

DuaneTheWorm is a phony (i.e. a real smoke screen). Abraham Lincoln said--You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Some folks I really don't care if I'm around them or not.  I just don't really care.  LuckieEddie says--Well, to tell you the truth, I don't quite enjoy being around all his b-s, I don't really care to waste my time being around him!  It doesn't take some hyper awareness to know that JakeTheFake isn't real (i.e. it takes some idiot to fall for the joker's sanagians but some do). 

AverageJoe says--Know the truth, speak the truth.  Do we know the truth or have a preconceived idea what the truth is (i.e. something you make up to make it fit your thoughts).  Are we really real or just fakers of the what the real truth is?  What do you think?  Maybe we don't like the real stuff sooooo we tarnish the truth to fit us better.  I'm being real here a.k.a. transparent here folks.  I recently was not facing the real truth 'cause I don't like the real truth.  I got humbled and once again realize what the real truth is.  I don't like it any better but am now dealing with it differently.  It's like playing an exceptional round of golf and think that it is the real truth but it isn't.  I sometimes have a hard time dealing with the real truth.  I do folks. 

Let's be real!  God of the good times is the same as the God of the bad times.  Joesixpack says--That thought sorta kinda squeezes my mind.  I tell you what Joesixpack, when it starts feeling good, just jump in and get some on ya!  When the chemistry is good, good things happen.  Just look at Jeremy Lin and the Knicks.  Now isn't that quite a story.  Unbelievable.  Just unbelievable!  Great story about timing and opportunity (i.e. chemistry).  And when the chemistry is bad, it just ain't good.

A quotation from Dante’s Divine Comedy: “O mortal men, be wary how you judge.” The words are spoken to Dante by a group of redeemed souls in heaven after he has expressed surprise at seeing the pagan Roman emperor Trajan among them.   As Mark Twain quipped, when he was twelve he couldn’t believe how ignorant his father was, and by the time he turned twenty he couldn’t believe how much his father had learned!  If even in the human realm our snap judgments—often based on limited information and false assumptions—can be so easily reversed, how much more so when we question God? Here’s the best news of all: God reverses our judgment of ourselves. Sometimes we think we are sooooooo smart but in real life we aren't .  Sometimes we think we are as smart as God.  Such is life.

I sometimes wonder if being a DuaneTheWorm would be easier than being a real person.  One would never question yourself  'cause you are always right, always the most important, always the best at everything.  You have all the answers and are always better than everyone.  DuaneTheWorms aren't but think they are sooooooo in their life they are.  If you think you know everything and are the greatest, what is there to think about?  Do DuaneTheWorms every realize that they aren't real?  Do you think sooooo? 

I asked a couple of friends if they would each tell me something about their life that was real (i.e. these gals are real folks with huge massive hearts--my kind of folks).  Here are there responses written by them and printed with their permission:  Couz Fays says-- I was enjoying a morning hike on one of the local mountain trails.  I was close to the end, so I reached for my keys so I’d be ready to get into my locked car.  Because many of my athletic clothes do not have pockets, I have to find other places to put them.  My cell phone goes in my bra as well as a tissue, and my keys, since I have two items on one ring, are placed at my waistband; one part on the inside, the other hanging on the outside.  As I started to get my keys, they were NOT on my waistband where I had put them.  I hiked back up to the top, asking people along the way if they had found a set of keys.  I looked on the trail and alongside of it.  Nothing!  I did this twice!!  (a total of 3 times up & down).  On my way down the last time, I had an itch, kinda in the groin area.  When I scratched it, I felt something.  Upon further investigation, there were my keys - laying in the CROTCH of my panties!!  And I never FELT them!!  Can you believe it?  I'd say I got my exercise that day.  It's been a good laugh, but also a lesson learned: I now hang my keys on a cord I wear around my neck.  (However, my cell phone still goes into my bra.)  That's a wow story folks!  ~  A good friend who I really like and enjoy and care for says:  Dear Erv....here goes...Angels on earth...I tried hard to think of a humorous story from my life...unfortunately, when/if I do something funny, my husband immediately shares with family and friends.  God has probed me to share his story. Several years ago, my husband and I were in a very serious car accident, which kept me trapped in our car for 1 1/2 hours under an 18 wheeler. Two angels kept me safe, one from earth who somehow, literally crawled in the car and kept her hand on my shoulder for 1 1/2 hours. Talking to me and keeping me calm. I never had the opportunity to meet her, but, thank her I did. God's angel stood guard while they cut the top off the car and lifted me out.  I saw him and talked to him. The amazing part is that I truly thought he was part of the rescue team, until Ron pointed out it would of been impossible for anyone to stand under the 18 wheeler. I can still picture him today.  God's angels protect us in different ways.  Look around..yours maybe in a car along side of you keeping you safe.. That's a wow story folks.  Ok here is an opportunity for some of you.  I asked my friend if you who have experienced similar events in your life could share with her.  She said that would be fine.  You are to email me and I will forward them to her and you two can communicate.  ervmellema@gmail.com  Folks, those are two very real stories of events in a couple of neat folks in my life.  Oh ya! 

Talk about a real experience.  It was very scary for me and for my friend.  We hiked Camelback Mountain Friday along with Kent.  Things did not go well for my friend Ron.   Very emotional for me.  I just talked to Ron and he is doing fine.  A couple of replaced stints.  He thought he was going to die with the spinning.  He was conscious through all of it.  It was really spinning let me tell ya. It looks like he is going to be fine. Risky rescue at Echo Canyon Video:   Air flow from chopper's blades sends rescued man spinning while dangling in air
http://www.azcentral.com/video/1472193269001


There is really a command in the Bible why we are here in Phoenix.  Yes there is (i.e. it is real).  It says in Acts 27:12 this--Since the harbor was unsuitable to winter in, the majority decided that we should sail on, hoping to reach Phoenix and winter there. 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you  have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Remember that silence is some times the best answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment