January 5, 2013

important

Warning a.k.a Note Of Caution--My writings may be colored by tendency to moodiness in my own temperament and moreover by how my emotions are currently and by the way I have been programed by my past (i.e. genetically and environmentally).  Soooo proceed carefully and with suspicion!

Joesixpack asks--Have you every felt that folks treat you like you are not very important?  A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph's Hospital.  She timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"  The operator said, "I'll be glad to help, dear.  What's the name and room number of the patient?"  The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, "Norma Findlay, Room 302."  The operator replied, "Let me put you on hold while I check with the nurse's station for that room."  After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said, "I have good news.  Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing well.  Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back normal and her physician, Doctor Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharge tomorrow."  The grandmother said, "Thank you.  That's wonderful.  I was so worried.  God bless you for the good news."  The operator replied, "You're more than welcome.  Is Norma your daughter?"  The grandmother said, "No, I'm Norma Findlay in room 302.  No one tells me shit!"

Is it important to win in Division I football do you think?  I read in the paper soooo it must be right that Nebraska's fans are not so eager to go to bowl game.  'Cause why?  'Cause expensive air fare, same bowl as last year, fans tapped out, a crisis of confidence among the fans since the Huskers' 70-31 loss to Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship Game.  The general consensus is that the Huskers are gong to get killed, so what's the point?  Winning is money folks.  It's all about the money folks if you like it or not (i.e. folks are drawn to $$ like moths to a light bulb).  Such is life.


At times I seem important.  On Christmas Eve morning when in CO, I took Erin to McDonald's in Littleton.  She ordered a McGridle with no cheese.  She ate the egg first and then the sausage and then the pancake buns.  Then we stopped at Goodwill and bought a Santa jello mold (i.e. half price).  Then we went to King Shoopers a.k.a. by me as King Kong's.  I was pushing Erin in the cart as we entered the story--she says, turn here grandpa--soooo I did into the bakery section--stop here grandpa--they gave here a free sugar cookie--she knew that--as we were going to start shopping Erin said to me--Grandpa, don't tell mom about the cookie or she won't let me have any chocolate covered pretzels this afternoon!  It was sooooo cute.  Seeeee how important I am.  I controlled her destiny.  Such is life.

What's important?  CadillacJack says--A man is not a real man if he's not providing for his family in
all three areas--physically, emotionally and spiritually. It a tough job, but God wouldn't have blessed us with a family if He thought we couldn't handle it.

I saw a sign at Walgreen that said--Buy your football/New Year's Eve beer here.  Then on the electronic signs over AZ roadways I read this--Drive hammered, get nailed!  Now that is sorta kinda a opposite thinking maybe (i.e. contradictory and polar). 

Some folks think they are important and maybe are or maybe just think they are.  I was around two people the other day.  One struts his stuff (i.e. has a certain err about him), is showy, and really thinks he's important (i.e. maybe he is and maybe he's not).  The other person is meek and humble who doesn't think she's very important (i.e. in my mind she is a very important person).  GeorgeTheCrook says--I might change my notion if I was different than who I am.  Now that could be.  Importance of someone might be in the "eye of the beholder".  Could me.  GeorgeTheCrook says--The world thinks if you have money, you're important.  That might be true and it might not.  Such is life.

When you get to be ol' snow birds things of importance change.  You can't really tell or care who was important or who is important.  'Cause maybe humility comes with health issues, age factor, and our own mortality.  Importance isn't much important anymore.  I sure was happy to see my ol' golf buddies and they seemed happy to see me.  Importance is not a thought with us.  We just plain enjoy each others' company.  Yes we do.  MagicJohnTheMiracle says--Love is the humility in which self becomes subservient to relationship.

DuffnerDuff says--If you want to put the kiss of death on anyone, keep telling them how important they are.  They will kill themselves with their own big head.  No question.  Once they believe they are really important, it's all over folks.  It works every time.  Just observe.  I read in the paper soooooo it must be right--The most terrifying impotence of all, is death!  Ouchy ouchy. 

Here is a construct folks.  During Advent season, we talked about Joesph and Mary.  Poor and young folks with no power but yet very important.  Very humble and sorta kinda quiet.  Seems like God uses a lot this type of folks doesn't it?  Why do you think that is?

As I was running the other morning, I thought of Joe Daniels. He died about 40 years ago in his 50s I think. I knew me very little and for a very short time. I was walking from the parking lot to the club house at Beaver Meadow Golf course and he was practice putting on the 7th green. He was the club champ. I thought he was sooooo important. He died the same year. He was in his 50s at the time and that was probably 40 years ago. He never knew that I thought he was important.  His grandson told me--I know that virtually all great men never fully comprehend their own worth. I suppose that is one of the traits that makes them great.

DougTheCanadianArabianBreeder says--He knows he's important!  That is what he said about SuperStud Bey Ambition in the picture.  He's a super, super showman and he knows it.  They are breed for that.  He's a national champion and he knows it (i.e. very, very important).  Arlene and I went to the Rae Dawn Arabian farm in Scottsdale as part of the Arabian Farm Tour.  We really enjoyed it. We were treated like we were very important. 

The Sunday before we left for AZ, a gal came up to me at church.  She was a student of mine who graduated in 1975.  She is just as nice as she was back then.  We had a great time.  ANYWAY she went and got her family and introduced them to me.  She has two sons in their 20s, a daughter in law, and a husband.  A great looking family.  When she went to her family to ask them to come and meet me, one of their sons said--Is your hs teacher still alive!  When you get older, you are not consider as important any more maybe and maybe not.  I know for many when they retire, they don't think the public thinks they are as important anymore.  That is hard on some folks.  LuckieEddie says--If you were never important or thought you weren't important, you don't know the difference but if you were important or thought you were important, it might be a different story!  Such is life.

UppityDuaneTheWorm is always uppity uppity.  Does that make him important do you think.  Maybe it does to him.  My Daddy, Chester, use to say--If you are good you don't need to tell anyone; they will know.  Filipthepancake--I was talking to a gal recently who has worked for a small business for 37 years (i.e. and she's really not really that old--she started in high school).  ANYWAY I said she should be given the 'citiczen of the year award'!  She got real excited; didn't want any attention.  Even didn't like it when I told her that she does a very good job.  Huh, interesting.

MissPerfect says--Sometimes you'll just never know what will be good and what will be bad (i.e. what's important and what's not important. A farmer had only one horse. One day, his horse ran away. All the neighbors came by saying, “I'm so sorry. This is such bad news. You must be so upset.” The man just said, “We'll see.” A few days later, his horse came back with twenty wild horses. The man and his son corralled all 21 horses. All the neighbors came by saying, “Congratulations! This is such good news. You must be so happy!” The man just said, “We'll see.”One of the wild horses kicked the man's only son, breaking both his legs. All the neighbors came by saying, “I'm so sorry. This is such bad news. You must be so upset.” The man just said, “We'll see.” The country went to war, and every able-bodied young man was drafted to fight. The war was terrible and killed every young man, but the farmer's son was spared, since his broken legs prevented him from being drafted. All the neighbors came by saying,“Congratulations! This is such good news. You must be so happy!” The man just said, “We'll see.”

SisieQ says--Yabut if you think you are important (i.e. if you are or not it doesn't matter) and then you experience a feeling of not being important, it's maybe hard to accept and change (e.g. if you fold up some stiff wire, you can unfold it but it's usually never the same).  AverageJoe says--That can make a guy feel rather sad expecailly if you like to be important. 

Sometimes I think I'm really big a.k.a. important.  Then I look at the big picture to only find out I'm not soooooo big!  I think I have a lot of important friends and family (i.e. you guys).  I think you really are important. Especially important to me.  Joesixpack says--Do you want to have important friends like Eilphaz, Bildad and Zophar?  You know who those guys are?  They were Job's friends.  They sat with Job for 7 days and didn't say a thing.  Then what did they tell Job to do?  Ouchy ouchy!  LuckieEddie says--When in doubt erv, review the 'game film'.  Good advice LuckieEddie, many times I misunderstand myself but if I watch the 'game film' it shows the real me.  Such is life!

It's important folks to maximise each day.  BogeyManerv says--Life is like a taxi.  The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.  Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans.  (-:

erv

MyFriendJean

This is important.  I suggest you watch it.  http://www.heartrescuenow.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment