January 31, 2015

signature moment

Joesixpack says--This "It's Saturday" will not be a signature moment in my life erv. I just wonder about all your questionable tales along with the murky details. Joesixpack, believe me, you are getting the straight poop!  Ha ha! Now, DuaneTheWorm is another story.  He can say things that aren't completely true but sounds plausible.  Remember, DuaneTheWorm's key is to make everything a little true but not toooooo true!  He is really good at it let me tell ya!  Such is life.

A lot of crazies! CrazyMarvin wonders about storing digital information in the cloud when we have so many cloudless days here in Arizona.  Ya must realize that CrazyMarvin is bat shit crazy! CrazyMarvin puzzles me, but being puzzled is an almost constant state of mind for me. Crazy, crazy crazy how cyberegomania has taken over. Just crazy (i.e. my opinion).  Many folks seem to really like it.  It's a big part of their life.  Saturday question--Why do some folks like it sooooo much better than others?  It sure seems like some do.  Why do you think? What is the common denominator?  Is there one do you think?  Oxymoron!  A senior lady at church told me that she just hates changes, just hates it.  Sooo do you email--ya, and I'm on face book tooo; I just had a birthday and it took me half a day to respond to all the birthday wishes I got on face book!  Huh, interesting.

Getty up cowboy!  Change can happen slowly and we don't even know it.  It's not a exact 'signature moment".  It's maybe the aging process.  Maybe it's how we feel or how we act or what's important to us.  Maybe it's money verses life.  Maybe it's a change how we value our family.  Maybe we realize that we aren't as quick anymore or can't remember quite as well or not as strong physically.  Maybe we realize we need more rest or we're not as aggressive or don't care about trivial, non important stuff anymore.  It's just a gradually change which we go through.  Does this make any sense to you.  It could be a person changing by having children, or paying their own way, or seeing their kids leave the house or becoming grandparents or wondering about having enough money for retirement or being affected by an illness or death of someone. Ding ding ding!  Like my mentor (i.e he had a lot of trickle effect) would say to me--erv, we are all programmed by our past experiences.

WorldClassLarry was eating breakfast with my 10-year-old granddaughter and asked her, What day is tomorrow?  Without skipping a beat she said, "It's Presidents Day!"  She's smart, so I asked her "what does Presidents Day mean?" I was waiting for something about Obama, Bush, or Clinton, etc.  She replied, "Presidents Day is when the President steps out of the White House, And if he sees his shadow, we have another year of bull shit!"

A nice person.  ItchieBitchie says--Folks seem to be much nicer when they get to where they want to be. Where they want to be might be different for different folks though.  Like the saying goes--I don't want to be like MoneyBagsFrank--He climbed each rung of the ladder to success and got to the top only to realize he had his ladder against the wrong wall!  Ouchy ouchy!  There are a lot of different fish in the sea than just the ones that the world tells us.  And you get to make the decision what success is.  And your decision has consequences.  A friend was a pilot for a business corporation's jet.  He once told me--The top management folks are really nice to get along with (i.e. they've made it to the top they think) but the middle management folks are a pain in the butt as they are trying to climb the corporate ladder.  Huh, interesting.

Maybe different moments!  I was invited (i.e. an opportunity) to play pickleball with some of the better players in the valley.  Some of these folks are tournament players and winners (i.e. some are really good). These folks play hard as they want to get better and have success in tournament play (i.e. hone their skills).  Not all but some of them.  Some are younger players as well.  It has been an interesting and enjoyable experience for me.  In general, they don't appear to have as much fun as the folks in the several 55+communities I play in and our inter community 55+ play (i.e. strong on the "appear").  I am finding out that some of them are much nicer than their game face. Maybe the two groups have different agendas.  Sooooooo do folks when they get more advanced, become different folks or are they always that way and that is why they are on the top (i.e.like the Patriots and Seahawks)?  FlyBoyDave (i.e. anybody can be a Dave) says--Maybe if you hang around the turkeys you start to gobble like them! AverageJoe says--But, there are great folks who are on the top and there are obnoxious folks who are on the top (i.e. in sports as well as in life).  When I was leaving the other day, I walked out with a guy who was fun to play with.  I told him that I enjoyed playing with him.  He had a nice game and was personable.  He was 73 and told me--At my age, we just have to have fun.  LuckieEddie says--Maybe when some folks get older, some folks might loose some of their ego (i.e. a signature moment)!  JoeBlow says--It doesn't take long to go from the  top to the bottom.  If you don't believe me, ask Tiger! Huh, interesting.

Maybe some folks think they are going to leave their mark.  Could be.  I think leaving your mark in pickleball is like me when I run up in 'em 'er mountains.  I run to a certain vista that I like.  I stop there and admire the beauty and "leave my mark" a.k.a. mark my territory.  Sooooo far, I don't know of any one who has been impressed with my mark!  Such is life.

A signature moment?  The weigh we are!  I read it in the paper soooooo it must be right--The difference between true hunger--when the body tells you that you need to fuel it so it can perform all of it's functions--and appetite--when you feel the urge to eat but you don't necessarily have the physical need to eat--can be difficult to distinguish.  Huh, interesting. GeorgeTheCrook says--It appears that some can distinguish it better than others.

A signature moment might be when you lay your head down at the end of the day and think of your day.  What did I do to make this day better for someone (i.e. maybe a random act of kindness).  MissPerfect says--That can sorta kinda bring out the NewCarShine in ya (i.e. champion you).  I say thank you every time I play pickleball, ride my bike, run, hike, be around folks, write, etc etc etc. I enjoy sooooo many of the simple things of life.  I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it--May we never let the things we can't have, or don't have, or shouldn't have, spoil our enjoyment of the things we do have and can have. As we value our happiness let us not forget it, for one of the greatest lessons in life is learning to be happy without the things we cannot or should not have. Does that make any sense to ya?  The next day I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it--If you have the world's peace--everything going your way--you don't see the Unfathomable Peace.  Accepting this Unfathomable Peace might be a signature moment for us.  What do you think?

Didn't work out the way I had it planned.  SusieQ says--Something good happened but I didn't realize it at the time.  I tried to do something good but I really questioned if the result I got was what I deserved at the time but it ended up being a signature moment in my life.  Time proved that I did the right thing and I got what I deserved. But it took some time.  My, Mom, Anna, would say to me--erv, always do what is right, always.  I try but don't always.  I usually get what I deserve.  But not always.  Do you guys get what you deserve? Mysterious Dave Mather worked both sides of the law (i.e. it seems like a lot of gunslingers did in the old west) the Territorial News says. He was a cattle rustler, suspected murderer, robber, scam artist, horse thief, train robber, and then became a deputy marshal.  During his time of being a marshal he was accused of "promiscuous shootings".  Mather became the co-owner of the Opera House Saloon.  Because of its prominent downtown location, the city council objected to Mather's decision to turn it into a dance hall.  The council took no action against another dance hall owned by Thomas Nixon.  Nixon and Mather battled to put each other out of business.  When the city government replaced Mather with Nixon as the assistant marshal, the feud came to a head.  Nixon drew a gun and fired at Mather, but only sprayed him with a few splinters.  Three days later, Mather approached Nixon from behind and fired four bullets into his back, killing him instantly.  Mather was immediately placed under arrest and trial date was set.  On December 30, 1884, the jury retired for 27 minutes and returned with a not guilty verdict.  They felt Tom Nixon had got what he had coming to him. Now that was a signature moment for him!  Such is life.

I went to the movie American Sniper.  I don't think Chris Kyle got what he deserved.  Life is not always fair.  The only thing that's fair is the Butler County Fair and it's in June!

AverageJoe says--When I compare myself to others and see that the wicked (i.e. my opinion) get treated better than me (i.e. who I think is not wicked), I get a "splitting headache"!  It ain't fair! Ouchy ouchy!  Here is the solution AverageJoe--Don't think you are better than someone else and also don't compare.  Yabut I'm an envious person; I can't help it!

Dante  I like the story of the great medieval Italian poet, Dante. He was having a bad time at the court of his patron, Can Grande Della Scala. A conceited idiot at the court was being treated much better than Dante and one day this man asked the poet: “How is it that I, who am so ignorant, should be so rich and favored while you, who are so learned and wise, should be a beggar?” Quick as a flash Dante gave the fool the perfect reply: “The reason is that you have found a lord that resembles you and when I find one who resembles me I shall no doubt be as rich as you.”

Dirty toilet seat!  We went on a hike last week.  After we hiked, the gals wanted to go to the "little girls' room" before driving back.  We were in a rural park and the facilities weren't like at the Biltmore.  They came back shaking their hands and saying yuck-yuck!  They each had a signature moment (i.e. they had to make a decision)!  One said she put toilet paper on the seat and another said she straddled it.  The other one didn't say what she did sooooo only God knows.  Ouchy ouchy!

Create a moment!  ItchieBitichie says--You gotta create a moment, maybe a signature moment, that people will pay attention to ya. You gotta create a buzz. If something isn't special or not getting any attention, or is mundane, or boring, you gotta create some excitement. One way is to create controversy which causes headlines which causes attention which causes money to be made (i.e. celebrities do it all the time). You gotta deflate the balls, or have Lynch use a sordid crotch grabbing celebration after scoring or operate in the gray areas (i.e. maybe the NFL created these ideas to hype the Super Bowl--you think sooooo--haha). Is that marketing! It's all about the money folks. Don't kid yourself folks! Hypeitup! "Deflategate" seems to be good for business, a whodunit. Such is life.

I don't cheat but you probably do.  I read in the paper so it must be right--While I don't cheat you probably do! If the Patriots did, in fact, cheat by deflating footballs last week, it probably was not a surprise to most Americans according to USA Today poll. Their result was that 64% said they competed against someone that they thought had cheated to try to win. I'm not taking sides here but according to the paper, the Patriots and the Seahawks are not America's favorite teams. But, they win! So what does that mean? WildStallionJack says-- Nice try really doesn't count. And nice guys always don't win. You gotta win! When the game is on the line you gotta be able to do it (i.e. get it done at any cost). You gotta be a gamer! It's all about the money folks. As a past client once told me when I caught him red handed in a fraudulent insurance claim--erv, it's just good business; everyone does it!  Such is life.

But the ?? is? It appears that the general public (i.e. average normal folks) is happier for some people to win than others! Why is that?  I sure find myself rooting more for some folks, some businesses, some teams, some organisations, some families more than others.  A couple of Iowa flatlander friends invited me to go with them to the Super Bowl party down town Phoenix.  I really enjoyed their company (i.e. good folks with good hearts--I root for them--my kind of folks). I think I'm pretty average (i.e. my opinion) sooooo if others think like me, there must be a reason why we find it easier to root for some folks than others.  Maybe there are a lot of reasons.  Manymanymanymany! Manymanymany crazy reasons folks! But the question is--Am I normal, I mean am I pretty average or am I abnormal?  If I am not pretty average, than what I said is not valid. Soooo first of all, you will have to decide if I'm pretty average and then decide if you are pretty average?  MissPerfect asks--What measuring stick are you going to use to compare us toooooo when deciding who is normal and who is bat shit crazy?

No oohs and aahs!  I realize that this "It's Saturday" isn't a Mona Lisa.  It probably wasn't a signature moment in your life.  Just remember, you get what you pay for folks (i.e. you deserve what you deserve)!  Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Life is like a ladder.  Every step we take is either up or down.

No comments:

Post a Comment