April 16, 2016

encouragement

If you can do it, I can do it too!  Is there a song like that?  Seems to me there is but I can't find it. Maybe I just think there is.  ANYWAY that statement is very real. I sometimes vacillate if I'm going to do something or not. Then I see someone else doing it and I say--If they can do it, I can do it tooooo.  Sooooo the other person is a great encouragement to me. Maybe, just maybe, we do somethings that encourages others and we don't even know it.  Big on the maybe! We will never know many times now will we. Such is life!

My late neighbor George told me that discouragement is Satin's best tool. George was a good man with a good heart.  We became good friends.  Life was not always easy for him.  He could have of become discouraged but he never seemed to get that way (i.e. at least I never saw it).  He had a strong faith in God.  Maybe that was his Rock!

A friend who I made "down in the Valley of the Sun" told me her greatest talent is being a encourager.  She sends cards (i.e. boughten and home-made) to folks.  I think that cards are great encouragement to many folks. MyFriend, that is a great talent you have. I encourage you to never never quite doing it--NEVER! Saturday question--What talent do you have to encourage others?  Are you using that talent or just sitting on the couch and eating chips and thinking about yourself?

SaraInTheBook Moon Glow says--It's amazing how much a call from a friend lifts my spirits.

When in CO, I hiked/ran on Mt. Falcon (i.e. my favorite place to hike/run--just south of the Red Rocks).  I passed a couple and I said--You guys have some valuable loads--ya we do--that is soooo good seeing you guys up here in these mts with your kids; my hat goes off to you. It beats sitting on the couch eating chips--it sure does. I hope I was an encouragement to them. I asked them if I could take their pic--yep!

ItchieBitchie says--I encourage you to throw those chips away and get your butt off the couch.  I read in the paper sooo it must be right--An exercise physiologist says--"For individuals who are currently inactive, it doesn't take much of an increase in physical activity to achieve an improvement in mood!"  Sooooo there you go folks.  Saturday question--Which hiking guy looks the worst?  I think JoeTheHike!  Is there really a question?

There are some folks that are just sooooo nice (i.e. encourage others). A new teacher was trying to make use of her psychology courses.  She started her class by saying, 'Everyone who thinks they're stupid, stand up!' After a few seconds, Little Larry stood up. The teacher said, 'Do you think you're stupid, Larry?  'No, ma'am, but I hate to see you standing there all by yourself!!

MissPerfect says--Did you know that if the person sitting next to you on an airplane orders food, you are 30% more likely to order food? Soooo if you are trying to control your weight, don't sit next to someone eating food!!! I guess that is why many experts suggest that you have support groups for exercising (i.e. exercise together). Folks encourage each other and also make each other accountable. My Daddy, Chester, would say to me--erv, the best discipline is self discipline! It appears some have more of that than others. Why is that do you think? I have an acquittance who says he is going to exercise and lose weight. I have heard him say that for 40 years.  He never does.  He has no self-discipline.  None! He looks like this mannequin!

I read this while eating my oatmeal with half a banana on it--DoctorDave says this sooooo it must be right--To encourage means to in-courage, that is, to instill fresh courage into someone who is faltering. BigLugPete says--That is an encouragement! 

A gal (i.e. a real person with a good heart--my kind of person) who I had the opportunity to work with said this to me--"It is not often an opportunity is presented when a person can express their appreciation and admiration of another." StupendousLola says--If you know of someone who you should express appreciation and admiration, do it now and do it in person if you can, but just do it.  Do it now instead of putting $5 in their death card (i.e. my opinion).  Could be a great encouragement. What do you think?

"The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best." -Epictetus  It is too bad that not everyone can have good friends, good mentors, good folks to hang around with, good family, good examples to pattern their lives after etc.  It is really too bad.  You guys are the best (i.e. have some type of motors)!  Thanks for being my friends etc. What more can I say.  BUT a couple of you are sorta kinda shaky! ha ha! ItchieBitchie says--Hanging out with bad examples is contagion.  Soooo watch out.  Watch out who your kids are around.  Are you preaching ItchieBitchie?  If soooo, it's a great sermon!,

Here is some encouragement for those of you that didn't have big weddings.  I read this in the paper sooooo it mus be right--The average cost of a wedding is $32,641. A big-ticket wedding doesn't ensure happy-ever-after ending. Once a wedding passes the $20,000 mark, marriages are 3.5 times more likely to end in divorce.  Emory University economics professors, also found that the more couples spend on their wedding, the shorter their marriage will be.  The larger the rock, the rockier the marriage.  Huh, interesting.

Got to do a little hiking up 'er in 'em AZ mts with a couple of college friends from good old Northwestern College.  Evan and Rocky are real guys with good hearts--my kind of folks. Rocky and I played basketball together at college. I almost quite college basketball.  I was discouraged. Rocky gave me this poem.  I didn't quite and I still read it occasionally.  

DON'T QUIT!
============

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,

When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but do not quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;

Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,

Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,

And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

~Edgar A. Guest~

I was encouraged by a strange event (i.e. no person or anything like that) but by an action of another person (i.e. actually a sad action of another person--but it humbled me and I reorganized my thinking--very encouraging to me--reassuring--crazy huh!). This encouragement lifted me up and wanted me to do more (i.e. gave me confidence...made me feel successful).  SusieQ says--A corollary provides a lack of a good feeling of yourself which makes a person feel inconvenient...unsuccessful...discouraged...makes a person what to give up.  It makes a person think that their life is a wonky life. TerrificTom says--Don't puff yourself up (i.e. don't be like DuaneTheWorm who only thinks about himself) but encourage others. DuaneTheWorm says--Yabut that isn't American.  Such is life

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Buck up--don't be in the dumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment