April 23, 2016

i'ts not fair folks

OilLeakerKatie asks--Have you ever bet on the wrong pony? Got this email from a friend (i.e. life isn't fair folks)--erv watching the Masters last week I realize you are a lot like a pro. I have seen you putt like Ernie and play #4 at Aplington like Jordan played the par 3 at Augusta. What can I say--I hate that when folks are honest about me--and he's my friend; I wonder what folks who don't like me say about me!  Such is life.

BonusBabyFred says—erv, I think you are just shoveling fog into my head.  I don’t understand some of the stuff you write about.  That could be BonusBabyFred. That could be.  That is ok.  I read recently while eating my oatmeal with half a banana on it—The most influential person of all time (i.e. according to goggle) talked in parables (i.e. earthly stories with heavenly meaning my Mom, Anna, called them) and most of the folks didn't/don’t quite understand what He was trying to say (i.e. make folks ponder).  I read in the paper soooo it must be right that a lot of folks think that Hilary and Donald lie a lot (i.e one more than the other).  Sooooo BonusBabyFred, do you understand Hillary and Donald? Do you trust them?  SusieQ says—Let the biggest liar win! Bingo! MissPerfect says--Personality is what people perceive you are and character is what you are. Some folks are like a sandwich sign--saying one thing on one side and another on the other side. Such is life.

All winter I played pb 3 times a week with a group of folks who are my ability. We do a round robin. Occasionally we have to sit out a turn. During one of our last pb days, I asked a guy if he was excited about going home--I am; I miss my friends, grand kids, and just home--he didn't say anything for a while and then said--there is a lot more to life than pb--I miss being useful! He also told me that he eats a lot but never gains any weight (i.e. that ain't fair some of you might say).  He said his significant other just looks at food and gains weight. She doesn't think that's fair. BellyFatAmy says--It ain't!


I have noticed since we have been back from the winter, that some folks have visibly aged. There might be different reasons why some age more than others.  Yes there might be. I also noticed that some folks have lost some weight, congratulations. And I have also noticed that some folks will have to trade up a few sizes with their speedos and bikinis (i.e. plus-sizes)!  Ouchy ouchy!  They maybe spent toooo much time this winter sitting on the couch eating chips. I read in the paper soooo it must be right that they are thinking about putting on food labels how much exercise it takes to burn up the calories in an eating portion (e.g. small bag of chips about an hour and 15 minutes of walking). It appears to me that us folks way over eat (i.e. take in way toooo many calories). Way over! MissPerfect says--It ain't fair; I love to eat!

The early American blacks were slaves (i.e. chattel property).  Was that fair? Their only hope was life after death.  Charles Barkley was quoted in the paper (i.e. sooooo it must be right)--"All politics is rich people screwing poor people. Poor people are too stupid to know they're just chess pieces in a game.  All the poor white people, all the poor black people, all the poor Hispanic, they're in the same boat.  They got no economic opportunities."  ItchieBitchie says--When we think, "Me Tarzan, king of the jungle", our perception can change about a lot of things. GeorgeTheCrook says--It's all about the money.  My mentor would say--erv, it's the golden rule, who has the gold rules! Why is it when some person makes a few baskets or takes her cloths off in some movie (i.e. made some money or got a position) that they are now "the knower of everything?" They didn't know "siccem from scant" before but now they are an authority.  I never did understand that. It doesn't seem fair!

But SirCharles has a point. Heather suggested I buy Oikos, triple zero yogurt as it is the best for me. Sure, it's the most expensive.  It has the least amount of saturated fat, sugar and carbohydrates yet very high in protein.  The cheaper brands are much higher in those bad nutritional categories.  Soooo, the poor will buy the cheaper and the folks with money will probably buy the better quality food (i.e. better for your health--like Whole Foods or Wal-Mart).  Huh, interesting.  One more thing, the cheaper, poorer quality foods (e.g. fruit pies and chips) are on sale sometimes (i.e. a leader) but the good quality food hardly ever are.  It's called merchandising.  Is it fair?

ItchieBitchie asks--Have you ever had bad breaks?  WildWillie says--Come on ItchieBitchie, that's a crazy question. Ok, if there was a bad break contest, could you compete? How about winning it? An old hs friend form Danube high (i.e. class of 63) says--To live life well (1) free your heart from hatred, (2) free your mind from worries, (3) live simple, (4) give more, (5) demand less. And life probably still won't be fair!!!!

The wires must all of a suddenly connected for a short time. Arlene and I stopped for gas and to pee recently. We go into the store together as it gives her security. When we were coming out and walking to the car (i.e. Arlene usually wants to hold my hand but if she doesn't, usually walks about 6 feet behind me--quite normal for some folks with Alzheimer's). ANYWAY she is walking about 6 feet behind me and all of a sudden walks fast past me and says--gotcha, smiles, laughs and body bumps me! WHAT! It was like Arlene when she was normal. It made me smile for a long time! Oh I miss Arlene being normal. Then I had a flash in my mind--It ain't fair for her to be this way!  Then I thought--We aren't more special in any way than anyone else.  We don't deserve to be treated better.  We are just folks living in this world. I read somewhere--It rains on the just and the unjust.  Or as an office support staff told me once--Ervin (i.e. she always called me Ervin) when I was sorta kinda complaining about something that wasn't going my way--ervin, shit happens. BigHaggai says--There is a 00.00% chance that life is fair. Hey, the only thing that's fair is the Butler County Fair and that's in June. Joesixpack says--Life can be a regular frost boil at times.  Such is life

I realize you guys are very smart (i.e. except maybe for a couple of you. ha ha!).  Sooooo do you believe that stuff that happens to you is Providence, horse-shit luck, or because of your choices? Some of you believe in predestination and some in double-predestination and others have never even thought about why things happen to you; they just happen (i.e. it's just life). CrazyMarvin says--Most of the stuff that happens to me is crazy; my friends make bad decisions and I happen to follow them. Ouchy ouchy! MissPerfect says--Much of my life just happens; just falls in my lap!  Soooo many good things happen to me and I don't know why; they just happen. Saturday question--Does any of this have to do with attitude?

 I recently read what Susian Hetrick wrote--When trials come (i.e. it's not if but when), we must see them for what they are--universal. Soooo folks, if she is correct, then don't be surprised when crap happens.  CadillacJack asks--Sooo when good things happen, are they universal as well? Sooo, are good and bad just happenstance? FlameThrowerSherry says--I dunno!

This is from a friend who manges a very nice truck stop complex (i.e. shared with his permission). erv this is a incident which happened this week at the the Mill. I remember you stating things are not always as they seem.  A young gal about 20 was putting air in here tire when a truck driver taps here on the shoulder and says would you like some ice cream, come over to the back of my truck. At that point she jumps in her car and leaves quickly without calling 911. The next morning she calls her dad and he calls the police. They call out to the store to check the video cameras but I'm in Des Moines for a meeting. The next day the sheriff department comes in and using my cameras without giving me much detail . They want to track down a customer who used his credit card at the diesel island at 6:48pm. I find the receipt and he explains the situation to me all excited thinking he could track this guy. After he starts telling me about the guy and the ice cream I give him the bad news that the man did nothing wrong. I said I have about 10 gallons of ice cream in the freezer from the same man fromTuesday. It was rejected from his last stop because the containers were damaged. Could you imagine having the police interviewing you for trying to lure someone into your truck when your just trying to be nice. Its sad but we all expect the worse from people.


We as a society are always leery of folks, even when they try to be nice.  I have had some experiences when I have tried to help folks and it seemed to back fire.  It makes me not near as excited about helping folks or being kind to folks.  I really watch my backside much more now.  This gender thing is really a big thing.  It's sooooo easy to get yourself in a mess.  Guys have really changed their thinking and positions on issues. AverageJoe says--It's toooo easy to get in trouble by some wacko! LuckyEddie says--I think I might buy a body cam with a microphone on it and run it 24/7 for protection! That or don't get involved in any one's life.  What is this world coming tooooooo? BUT sometimes the risk is worth it. I was running the other morning and met a friend walking their dog who's husband (i.e. a friend) also has dementia. I stopped and we talked for some time. One statement that she said--It seems like it's not fair. ANYWAY when we got done talking we hugged each other, right on the street   Maybe there was some lady looking out her window thinking we are having an affair and will spread it at the coffee shop, beauty shop or at ladies aid just ASAP.  Could be. Such is life.

It ain't fair! Legend has it that nineteenth-century Scottish poet Robert Burns once turned up a mouse’s nest while plowing a field. As an apology he wrote a poem, “To a Mouse, on Turning Her Up in Her Nest with the Plough.” From the poem (in modern English) come some well-known words: “The best laid schemes of mice and men go often askew, and leave us nothing but grief and pain, for promised joy!”

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Of all your troubles great and small, the greatest of them don't happen at all.

P.S. By the way, if you have a something that is bothering you, my big sister Myrt (i.e. only big in age) suggests you try Solvitur Ambulando. It could be an "ah moment!" Could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment