May 7, 2016

Mothers Day

Cora and Anna (i.e. Arlene's and my Mom) deserved better. They both were such hard working gals with good hearts.  If it wasn't for them, neither Arlene nor I would be were we are or who we are today. I am quite certain. Our Moms played a very important role in our lives (i.e. they put some hop in our lives). Some how they taught us "a will to move on; to go forward." A pretty little gal gave us this picture which hangs in our kitchen.  In Abraham Lincoln's case, his mom was very instrumental to his education.  Very!

LuckieEddie says--You as a mom are influencing your children right now (i.e. for good and maybe for not soooo good). Did your mom influence you?  Of course she did. But how? Are you like your mom? How? When people are emotionally involved with others…their thinking changes. Mothers generally get emotionally involved with their children (i.e.some more than others probably). It's more than a surface friendship.  It's heart felt and the kids know and feel that.  Saturday question--Is that mothering an instinct like the Robins building their nests or a learned behavior? What do you think?

ItchieBitchie says--There are some very big mammas in this world; I mean mamas with big hearts. ItchieBitchie, you better be careful how you talk or folks will misunderstand you and you won't get elected. ItchieBitchie says--It appears that Donald isn't always politically correct in his talk and it seems to be working for him. Flip-the-pancake! Hillary says everything politically correct (i.e. tells everyone what they want to hear--which ever way the wind is blowing at the time). They seem to be quite opposites.  If those two get nominated (i.e. it looks like they will), it will be an entertaining campaign folks. Very!  WorldClassLarry asks--Sooooo, if your mama was a big mama, does that increase the odds that you will be a big mama?

I tell Arlene often that she was a very good mom to our kids.  She was. She was very sweet and kind and loving (i.e. gave them everything they wanted and more).  How can you not like a mom like that.  ANYWAY every night when I tuck Arlene in bed for the night I pat her on her cheek as our symbol that I love her.  She understands that and always smiles.  I remind her that I'm her SUPERMAN and will always love her and will always take care of "my girl." She smiles again and many times thanks me for taking care of her. Well, I was telling my sisters about this when they visited us in AZ and recently my sisters found a tee shirt for me.  Soooo now every night when I tuck Arlene in, I put on the tee shirt. What fun! She just laughs at me.

What is your motive? I asked a person who plays in competition all over the country that question. Their answer was for the challenge and competition. We all have different motives now don't we. GeorgeTheCrook says--I think I would rather hang out with the same folks and get emotionally involved. I like that feeling better. Each their own folks, each their own. It appears that many folks were excited about heading back home from their winter stay in the South.  It appears that many of them are excited about seeing their old friends, neighbors, church folks, family, golf buddies, coffee group ladies etc. They miss them.  Others really don't have that at home or aren't wired that way sooooo it isn't as big of an attraction to go home.  Some folks seem to need this "emotional involvement" more than others. Such is life.

SusieQ says--There is a time to have an emotional relationships and times not toooo.  Sometimes it's good and sometimes it is not. Emotional attachment can create a lot of  hurts; sometimes it's better to just have a pragmatic relationship.  Then when you each go your own way there is no hurt. Maybe folks who have had hurts from emotionally relationships might not want to get in another such relationship (i.e. don't want to go through that again). Soooo some folks will just have a distant, generic relationship (i.e. don't get toooo involved or expose themselves).  And there are folks who would like to have emotional relationships but the timing is not right or are quite particular who they want to have such a relationship with.  SusieQ, that all makes sense to me.  What do you guys think?

TomTerrific says--I think it's a good feeling when someone cares about me and shows it to me in many different ways. I like that emotional feeling. AverageJoe says--I don't need that feeling and really don't want it. I want to be alone wolf. I read in the paper sooooo it must be right--During an HBO interview, Kobe Bryant was read a list of descriptions attached to hm--an unflattering collection that included loner, selfish, arrogant, aloof, and unprintable characterization from Steve Nash.  He responded with more laughter. Why? "Because they're all true," he said. It appears he wants to be that way and maybe even enjoys it.  Maybe he doesn't want to get emotionally involved with anyone.

CaringBeth says--Most of the good done by good folks goes unheralded (i.e. particularly mothers' good they do for their children).  I think that is true CaringBeth and I think that is the way it should be (i.e. my opinion but some won't agree with me). Rick Warren says--"The Bible says every good deed will be rewarded, no matter how insignificant and regardless of whether anybody else on earth sees it." CrazyMarvin says--Do you believe that? OneGreatMom says--I realize there are a lot of folks who like attention (i.e. get their name and picture in the paper or on Facebook) to make themselves think they are important and pretending to be brightly illuminated saints with golden halos (i.e. and maybe they are).  But there are a whole lot of good folks that do a whole lot of good that we don't even know about it (i.e. particularly mothers). They don't want the advertisement in the paper or on Facebook!  They want to go unnoticed.  They will die and most folks won't have a clue as to what they have done.  No dignitaries saying stuff at their funerals and not having their caskets carried by folks that make them look important but carried instead of by folks who are special to them. No advertising! Pretty humble. Just 85yearsorsoooo and out! Bingo!

I had a great Mom, Anna.  No question in my mind.  She was many things and one was the spiritual leader in our home.  My Daddy, Chester, was a believer but was not a verbal spiritual leader like my Mom.  Maybe my Mom influenced my Daddy as I don't think his parents were strong believers (i.e. might be wrong).  At a young age my Daddy's mother died and his dad remarried to a "obnoxious religious person, a fanatic" as he described her. He didn't like her one bit. Maybe that was an influencing factor as well.  ANYWAY Mom would suggest to me many times when I was growing up a mile and fourth south of Roseland, MN--ERVIN JAMES, will you please close the drawers when you are done.  I think of my Mom often as it has been some 55 years and I still don't close the drawers.  It just makes me laugh.  What a fun memory! My Mom, Anna, has been dead for some 45 years and I really miss her.  I really do.  She was a Superwoman in my my mind.  Such a Superwoman!

My Mom, Anna, was as tough as this onion.  I put it on the wood pile in our garage (i.e. by accident) last November when we left for AZ.  When we got back in April, it is still fitting for life.  That is how tough my Mom, Anna was.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Children are great imitators, so give them something great to imitate.

P.S. Moms are usually right! Wohooooo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment